Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Importers Have Stop Importing It Might Be The Reason Of Falling Exchange Rate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Importers Have Stop Importing It Might Be The Reason Of Falling Exchange Rate (980 Views)

Nigeria Will Stop Importing Petrol This Year – Kyari / ‘You Goofed’, Dalung Accuses Tinubu Of Falling Into Trap Of Subsidy Racketeers / Mele Kyari: Nigeria Will Stop Importing Petroleum Products By Mid-2023 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importers Have Stop Importing It Might Be The Reason Of Falling Exchange Rate by Bullfallo(m): 10:17pm On Apr 13
Engine and motor parts are above the roof because importers have stop importing due to the uncertainties concerning the exchange of rate and no one want to run at lost.

An unstable currency has a negative effect on the economy due to uncertainty and lack of trust on the currency.

It might be due to the fact that alot of importers have suspended importation which causing and advantage against the green back.
Re: Importers Have Stop Importing It Might Be The Reason Of Falling Exchange Rate by masseratti: 3:07am On Apr 14
So you not happy the naira is appreciating,plus it appreciating has nothing to do with CBN policies?fyi the highest transaction in dollars is fuel import,follow by wheat used for bread, noodles and spaghetti,spare parts import will hardly have a significant effect on the naira...importers in spare parts may not want to import now and wait till it stabilize for a month or two thats normal but trust me once some of them are out of stock the will import ...
Re: Importers Have Stop Importing It Might Be The Reason Of Falling Exchange Rate by ObiORBiafra: 8:05am On Apr 14
Be happy for Nigerians. Maybe you are not touched by the hike in price of goods, may be. But what about your extended family that will feel at ease if naira gets better and we don't have inflation? Politics is not do or die. Don't die in hunger to prove a point.
Re: Importers Have Stop Importing It Might Be The Reason Of Falling Exchange Rate by magoo10(m): 8:15am On Apr 14
This is the obvious truth but if cardoso can maintain the magic he is doing and retain more foreign exchange into the financial system and build confidence with time the naira might stabilize to where they met it .

1 Like

Re: Importers Have Stop Importing It Might Be The Reason Of Falling Exchange Rate by Kelklein(m): 12:23pm On Apr 14
I'm tired of seeing this argument about whether some people are happy or not happy with what is going on with Naira..

I think it's an empty and somewhat vain argument propounded by some sets of people, who on their own think that some antagonists of government are not happy that Naira is appreciating.

Tell me who would be happy to go to the market and be told that what they bought 1000 last month is now N2000.. we are all going through a lot together already.. everyone can't wait for this Labour Pain to be over.. Even though women would tell you that Labour pain is a one-off sharp momentary pain that should last only for a brief period. Nigerians have remained with that pain for close to a year.

And with all attentions focused on Dollar-Naira drama, our local food production is dwindling because of the attendant attacks on farmers.. local food prices keep skyrocketing for a reason because production is not enough.. Tomatoes that we used to have gluts at this time of the year is not even enough this year.. hence the persistent high price.

These are the local problems the people should be calling government out for but the government is happy that nobody is doing that because you all are distracted by the Dollar...

They are not discussing State Police again until another round of mass student abduction.. the promised PH Refinery is still pending for God knows why🤔🤔🤔

Let us leave whether anyone is happy about the dollar or not, for now.. let's focus on what affects me and you everyday.

(1) (Reply)

Cost Of China's Yaxi Expressway Vs Nigeria's Lagos Calabar Coastal Highway / Nepa No Kill Us O! / To Day Is My Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.