Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,072 members, 7,821,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! (333 Views)

How I Fixed My My Car Steering Rack / One Week Old Tokumbo Car With Engine Problem Please Help / Gear Shift Problem, Please Help I'm Spending Too Much On It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by Ritchyevan: 7:00am On Apr 15
Hi everyone, I bought my car(Camry 2012 XLE) a little over 3 months ago, and I’ve been having little issues ever since, the most annoying is the fact that my steering wheel keeps making one funny noise like that… my personal mechanic told me that the steering knuckle needs to be changed, while another mechanic said the gear cup needs grease… please advise, I’m confused.!
Re: My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by Iberl: 7:14am On Apr 15
I advice you park the car for your own safety for now while searching for permanent solution. You don't joke with starring problem

1 Like

Re: My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by Zonefree(m): 7:27am On Apr 15
I bought my car(Camry 2012 XLE) a little over 3 months ago, and I’ve been having little issues ever since

my personal mechanic told me that the steering knuckle needs to be changed, while another mechanic said the gear cup needs grease

Don't you think it's time you change mechanic?

1 Like

Re: My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by Dozieson(m): 8:21am On Apr 15
Ritchyevan:
Hi everyone, I bought my car(Camry 2012 XLE) a little over 3 months ago, and I’ve been having little issues ever since, the most annoying is the fact that my steering wheel keeps making one funny noise like that… my personal mechanic told me that the steering knuckle needs to be changed, while another mechanic said the gear cup needs grease… please advise, I’m confused.!

is it noise, shaking or vibration that is the issue? explain better.
if it shakes while acceleration from a stop, then it could be warns inner cup/cv joint. This part requires some good expertise no anyhow mech to avoid gear damage
if it shaking at high speed, it could be bad tyres or wheel balancing issues

2 Likes

Re: My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by Ritchyevan: 8:25am On Apr 15
The noise increases mostly on bad roads/bumps and potholes.. but when on highway, kind of goes away completely..
It’s noise, the steering itself gives no issue, the turning and everything is perfect.. it’s just that noise that comes out of it.
Re: My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by Dozieson(m): 9:01am On Apr 15
Ritchyevan:
The noise increases mostly on bad roads/bumps and potholes.. but when on highway, kind of goes away completely..
It’s noise, the steering itself gives no issue, the turning and everything is perfect.. it’s just that noise that comes out of it.

thought it was vibration/shaking according to the topic. Have you confirmed the noise is coming from the steering? This requires physical examination from a very good mech to avoid repairing what is not faulty
Re: My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by Ritchyevan: 9:11am On Apr 15
No.. the noise comes from inside, my personal mech said it’s steering knuckle.. and the other who only drove said it’s the inner cup that needs to be changed.!
Re: My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by tanigororo: 10:21am On Apr 15
Ritchyevan:
Gear Problem, even though I don't own a car and I can't drive.
But yet consult with other technicians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Car Steering Keeps Shaking, What Could Be The Problem Please?? Thanks..! by 2shure: 3:31pm On Apr 15
Ball joint

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Using Castrol Lubricant / What Is The Importance Of Electronic Power Control (EPC) Warning Light / Engine Coils Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.