Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,540 members, 7,816,314 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market (28696 Views)

With Dangote Refinery, Diesel Prices Will Fall Below ₦‎1,000 By May — Rewane / Bawa: My Achievement As EFCC Chairman Is Increasing Naira Value Against Dollar / Igboho: Court Awards ₦50,000 Against Malami (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by Eriokanmi: 7:29pm On Apr 15
Slimdan360:

It’s the same thing we are all talking about. You choose not to reduce ur price after the crash of the dollar because according to you, products you produced when the dollar was high is yet to be exhausted but you can increase the price of your commodity the minute the dollar increase even when it’s clear the products you produced when the dollar was still low hasn’t been totally consumed. That’s an opportunistic behavior and Nigerians are master opportunists
Some do this truly , which is a very bad practice. They are enemies of state. But if such prices were increased due to high cost of living, like increase in the pump price which will automatically affect logistics and running cost, it is understandable . But when prices of petroleum products drop, commodity prices too should drop.
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by blueAgent(m): 7:33pm On Apr 15
Sublimesuccess:

You bought an article for N500 and after that a rise in dollar brought its price to N800.
And because it was an old stock, you decided to sell the article for N600 to make a profit of N100. Now you can't even restock your shop with your capital of N500 and a profit of N100.
You will be out of business because you failed to obey the current forces of demand and supply.

Well said.

Most APC supporters are so daft and dumb than a Concrete Slab.
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by aswani(m): 7:46pm On Apr 15
You no see am, Naira fell down, goods prices went up, Naira is gong up now o, nothing is coming down.

Traders bikonu, Ebi'n pa wa o. Shebi na una tok say when economy bad, una gó still dey floss, di tin don dey beta, make una comot hand for our neck nau.

1 Like

Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by iamtoofan: 8:14pm On Apr 15
Eriokanmi:
Are you aware the price of a bag of rice has dropped? Do you know why? It's because most of the rice we eat are imported. Imported goods will witness immediate reduction in prices because they are not produced locally. You cannot stock rice for too long. A shipload of rice cant be enough to feed lagos alone in a month so, you expect prices of such commodities to drop immediately as more shiploads of rice are being discharged.

Noodles for instance are being produced locally, pasta, too. They import the materials and keep in silos which could last 3-6 months. until they exhaust them and order to replenish, dollar crashes will not affect price per unit. gradually, if the trend improves, the economy will improve.

If thats your position they i stand to disagree, the indomie you mentioned as slashed price, why will indomie drop price and Sphagetti refuses to drop

If rice dropped becos of xchange rate why as Flour refuse to drop, or is flour not imported

I understand how stock and restocking works perfectly well, but in Nigeria case naa INSINCERITY dominate.

If govt don't take drastic action, local producers and traders will keep finding excuses to justify Price increase
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by Smartguyboy(m): 8:32pm On Apr 15
latonione:
Is it a must for a farmer to eat rice, more especially when he (the farmer) refuses to grow it.

Who doesn’t eat rice ?
Before Garri use to be the cheapest food anyone can afford but not anymore. So what you are suggesting a farm who only harvest cassava should only eat garri?
How una dey even take reason you most be a APC supporter.
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by alabo1: 9:04pm On Apr 15
SlavaUkraini:

One Bastard even told me that he cannot reduce the price of brake pads because he bought them while the dollar was close to 2k

That it would take up to 3 months before prices will fall because that is when new shipments bought at current dollar rate will arrive...

Na so the guy take Colonize me and I pay for the brake pads..... As if I had a choice

Opportunist indeed...

He is right. Should he sell at a loss?
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by millionboi2: 9:06pm On Apr 15
iamtoofan:

If the highlighted is affirmative it means the govt as to step up in its regulatory role, I see no reason why Price regulatory agency can not be revamped to subdue the opportunist & greed mindset of typical Nigerians

Besides Nigeria is said to practice a Mixed economy, fate of Nigerians shouldnt be left completely in the hands of Private Sector
Lazy fool like you, don't go and work,be waiting for the day government will ask you to enter ppl shop pick anything and pay whatever you want.... nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by Fearyourcreator: 9:07pm On Apr 15
Villa12:
go and fix your marriage you failure.
Oni jere se
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by iamtoofan: 9:42pm On Apr 15
millionboi2:
Lazy fool like you, don't go and work,be waiting for the day government will ask you to enter ppl shop pick anything and pay whatever you want.... nonsense.

I can never understand how some Fools reason on these platform, work or no work what as that got to do with the conversation

Whether employed or unemployed asides IGBOS, is there anyone sincere with themselves not feeling the heat of the economy ... inflation na your papa mate
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by shepherd316: 10:37pm On Apr 15
I admire your response but Obidiens or not, Nigerians deserve much better service from this govt. We pray the country keeps moving forward to her glorious past.
NOETHNICITY:
Explaining elementary NNPCL operations to someone pretending to be enlightened. If he doesn’t understand he should ask rather criticize blindly which is a typical trait of the obidient mob.
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by SlavaUkraini: 11:30pm On Apr 15
Daystar7:

He explained all this to you yet u didn't see reasons with him cos of your selfishness

Same selfishness that would kill you.... Dirty Mumuni
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by SlavaUkraini: 11:34pm On Apr 15
vacanci:

and when dollar was 2k, his own shipment arrived instantly.
some people just decided to not make heaven

Oh oooo... Help me ask the wicked people

At 2k, all his consignment arrived safely on time.

But now that is time to reduce prices, they are preaching sermons and stories for the gods
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by SirBunky85(m): 11:42pm On Apr 15
JAOS:

are nigerians buying petrol with dollar?
if naira is gaining why cant nnpcl reduced their diesel and petrol price?
sometimes i wonder how you guys survive being stup*d for some useless government
you're the who's more stupid for attacking one's innocent opinion
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by Vision101(m): 12:18am On Apr 16
JAOS:

sometimes i wonder how you guys survive being stup*d for some useless government
FYI the base product for petrol is priced internationally in dollar. The price has been increasing. You import all that you consume. The rate of dollar reducing in Nigeria but the price of crude increasing internationally will cancel it out. There's global inflation going on now. Every good imported has an element of imported inflation.

Your permanent solution: produce it here and consume it here.

1 Like

Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by Vision101(m): 12:22am On Apr 16
rinzaugustine:
How long can they sustain that policy of pumping borrowed money into the forex market to stabilize the naira? It was about $7b …about 3 weeks ago
Just watch out.
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by grandstar(m): 12:37am On Apr 16
JAOS:

Learn to express.yourself without redorting to insults.

The price paid for diesel or any refined product would reference the global price which priced in dollars.

Nigerians would simply pay the Naira equivalent

.The price of petrol is still heavily subsidized. For diesel, the price is deregulated. It will take time for it to reflect the present exchange rate. Many would have imported diesel when it was $1-1,900.

NNPC has no control over the price of kerosene and diesel as their prices are fully deregulated. The same should be applied to petrol. Yes, the petrol price with shoot up, probably above N1,000/litre

The benefit is that government would save close to 10trillion, which would assisting in reducing the deficit. It would lead to massive investment in refining capacity.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by aswani(m): 6:49am On Apr 16
bigiyaro:
what has exactly improved since your blood sucking mandate thieving master entered aso rock? At what price did he meet the dollar? He met the dollar at 700, pushed it to almost 2k, reduced it 1k, and brainless ones will think it's hard work, meanwhile rice, cement, petrol and its derivatives , all commodities are still going up, yet dollar is "coming down"..... Miracle no dey tire APC

Whose mandate was stolen, Peter Obi himself only went to court to get President Tinubu disqualified over technicalities, he fully accepted President Tinubu and Atiku cane first and second respectively.

If anyone stole any mandate, it was Peter Obi who rushed to the Labour party and, with the shameful connivance of the executives, denied a bonafide long term member of that party a chance to be put forward as Presidentual candidate.

Peter Obi is the mandate thief in this instance.
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by dawahlarry: 9:18am On Apr 16
SlavaUkraini:
Dollar dey come down but prices of goods and services still remain the same ...

So the Law of Gravity dey fear and abandon the prices of goods and services for Nigeria ??

First to comment in a long while...

Well I dedicate it to Peter Obi, Atiku Abubakar and the Notorious Drug Baron himself..... Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

The 2023 election was a real cruise catching period...

Prices are coming down. Rice is now 58k

1 Like

Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by bigass123(m): 10:06am On Apr 16
SlavaUkraini:
Dollar dey come down but prices of goods and services still remain the same ...

So the Law of Gravity dey fear and abandon the prices of goods and services for Nigeria ??

First to comment in a long while...

Well I dedicate it to Peter Obi, Atiku Abubakar and the Notorious Drug Baron himself..... Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu

The 2023 election was a real cruise catching period...

You get mind call our president notorious drug baron on a public forum like this.
When they come for you now.. Una go begin make noise upadan. Anyways your day is coming. They're picking people like you up one by one.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by Daystar7: 11:05am On Apr 16
SlavaUkraini:

Same selfishness that would kill you.... Dirty Mumuni

A pig must behave like one, a Man putting emotions over logic is not fit to be a Man. A disgrace to his bloodline

1 Like

Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by monex(m): 2:24pm On Apr 16
helinues:

Some Nigerians are actually wicked more than the politicians

On a normal market, Naira gaining or loosing about goods and services should at least take a month before taking effects. Because those business people always have stocks that can last at least 1 month with no exaggeration.

But in Nigeria, the same day the dollar rose is the same day they will increase their price without interested in bringing it down again even when dollar fall.

Average Nigerians are opportunists

The customs exchange rate is still high though. currently 1238.179

your BDC rate has no effect on prices of good if import rates are still using a high exchange rate
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by MamaletASO: 3:29pm On Apr 16
SlavaUkraini:

One Bastard even told me that he cannot reduce the price of brake pads because he bought them while the dollar was close to 2k

That it would take up to 3 months before prices will fall because that is when new shipments bought at current dollar rate will arrive...

Na so the guy take Colonize me and I pay for the brake pads..... As if I had a choice

Opportunist indeed...

Let him not reduce the Brake pad price..may thunder fire am...

All the greedy set of people that kills their relatives for money..

February -March everyday increase in commodity.. Dem go say dollar nah 1900 Dem don add price to their goods wey dey their shop oo
Re: Naira Opens Shop Below ₦‎1,000 Against Dollar At Some Segments Of Black Market by BALLOSKI: 4:03pm On Apr 16
Where OBIdients de get their own story from say na money Tinubu de spend to stabilize the naira?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki: CCB Member Says Chairman Breached Bureau’s Procedure / President Buhari's 90 Yr Old Supporter Returns From Medical Trip Abroad ..photos / Emir Sanusi Pictured With His Beautiful Daughters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.