Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface (1744 Views)

How To Track An Ip Address Of A Facebook User / Microsoft Office Suite For iPhone And iPad? / Microsoft Office 2013 Now Available For Download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by africanboy(m): 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2006
Office 2007 To Scare Users

Just when we thoght Steve Balmer had finally accomplsihed his best with office, the family decides users need to start another learning process to use their latest incarnation of the ofice suite.

A radical overhaul of the interface does not seem promising from my point of view considering the fact that the UI has always been the major selling point of Office.

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1933229,00.asp
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Hunter(m): 9:00pm On Mar 08, 2006
I'm in the beta program for office 2007 (or office 12 previously) and I must say that the interface while different is much-much simpler to use, no more remembering if the option you want is obscured away 6 levels deep in a menu.
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Seun(m): 9:03pm On Mar 08, 2006
Hunter, can you please post a few screenshots of the new MS Office user interface?
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Farriel(m): 9:54am On Mar 09, 2006
For screenshots of Office 12, check this link; http://pdc.xbetas.com/?page=o12preview1
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Hunter(m): 9:22am On Mar 10, 2006
if you want to see anything in perticular let me know and i'll see what I can do.

Also worth noting a new beta build is due out next week some time (an email from microsoft came today)

I'll let you guy's know whats different when it comes out asap (microsoft always manages to get good internet speed 600kb/s+, and I'm on holidays for 2 weeks) :-)
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by charlisco(m): 7:59pm On Mar 10, 2006
[img width=550 height=600]http://pdc.xbetas.com/images/word12-3.png[/img]

Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Seun(m): 6:47am On Mar 13, 2006
A change of UI is just confusing. People use Microsoft Office because they are familiar with it!
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by africanboy(m): 7:54am On Mar 13, 2006
The initial thoughts exactly. I mean, other quiver do their best to copy office, else why would open office include an office assistant? Many programs aim to build interfaces like office.
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Fdeveloper(m): 8:01pm On Mar 13, 2006
I haven't had any problems adapting to the UI changes in successive releases of Microsoft Office and I suspect this is the same for most people.  I'm also sure that Microsoft will not knowingly sacrifice their cash cow (i.e. Office) by rendering the new UI too intimidating so whilst it is of course natural to be concerned we should perhaps wait and see what the final implementation delivers before passing final judgment
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Hunter(m): 1:01am On Mar 14, 2006
They posted an updated version of the beta today, downloading it now,

I'll let you guy's know how it goes.
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by oasis: 7:08am On Mar 15, 2006
Wow, you guys are really on top of the game. Newest releases mattered to me when I was a lab consultant. Now, I'm just a casual Ms Office user. I downloaded OpenOffice the other day, and the similarity with Ms Office is remarkable. I'm sure that is not unconnected with Microsoft's decision to shuffle things a bit.
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Farriel(m): 9:41am On Mar 15, 2006
Should be. M$ are really wanting to nail their competitors in with this one, this time. With its lucrative Office suite in decline, M$ is feeling the heat. Moreover, Office 2003 hasn't been the runaway success that Microsoft had wanted and so they're putting in a lot in this Office 12.

Let them hope users upgrade and migrate to this version, because as far as I can tell, there has been no outstanding improvement to the Office suite since Office 97. Just some new task bar here, an added XML sh*t there. After years of lackluster upgrades and increased competition, they are overhauling the interface and praying we all switch.
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Hunter(m): 11:04am On Mar 15, 2006
I'm actually pretty impressed with it to be honest, everything is well laid out and easy to use.

Everything just "feels" right.
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by oasis: 12:01am On Mar 16, 2006
I'm actually pretty impressed with it to be honest, everything is well laid out and easy to use.

Everything just "feels" right.

Are you saying previous versions were difficult to use?
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by thekrafter(m): 12:14am On Mar 16, 2006
oasis:

Are you saying previous versions were difficult to use?
People usually get used to doing things a particular way, even if that method is rather convoluted. It takes research to figure out better ways of doing things. Most users don't even think that there CAN be an easier way until it's given to them.
Re: Microsoft Office 2007 User Interface by Hunter(m): 12:28am On Mar 16, 2006
Yes in previous version's some features were so well hidden away half the time nobody knew what I was talking about.

Now it's much easier to explain things.

(1) (Reply)

Active Directory, File Server, Printer Server, Mail Server - How To Do / How Do I Configure Multilinks Huawei Ets2558 Table Phone On Vista? / I Jst Turned Down A Hp15 8gigram 750gb Corei5@75k Bcus It Doesnt Have A Cd Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.