Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,587 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 PM

What My Colleague Told Me At Work - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What My Colleague Told Me At Work (1193 Views)

My Female Colleague Stopped Talking To Me Because Of This / I Lost A Colleague To An Explosion At Work In Kogi (Graphic Photos) / How Do I Tell My Colleague She Has Mouth Odor? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Divoc19(f): 10:08pm On Apr 15
Make you no jam them o.
Some people re weirdos.
I fear human especially when they don’t settle right with me.
kalufelix:
Maybe you are not professional and competent enough...as a man i have had this sort of work place scenario several times...even the staffs that have worked for a decade i conquer and silence them all with my competence in just under a month...infact na me go come carry ship like captain...don't run from bad energy...show your own energy.

1 Like

Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Ibkay32(m): 10:08pm On Apr 15
Without doing you anything evil, her evil is already working on you, if you say you're planning to resign by month

You need to stay and face her
Cast and bind her evil
You go see say she will run comot the organization with notice

1 Like

Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Apr 15
Ibkay32:
■ Without doing you anything evil, her evil is already working on you, if you say you're planning to resign by month
■ You need to stay and face her Cast and bind her evil You go see say she will run comot the organization with notice
Exactly! Imagine someone in this day and age falling so cheaply for psychological manipulation of that kind and then wanting us to believe it was the other woman who caused it. undecided

2. You lost me! Cast and bind what evil? See her run why? undecided
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Divoc19(f): 10:12pm On Apr 15
We are supposed to work as team. I have been condoling her for months until she made this unethical comment today. She’s had many victims on record.

Kobojunkie:
How does upping your game amount to fighting dirty? You are aware that your work might contain typos and even gave examples of how those typos could be used as a weapon against your performance. So, what does telling you to make sure to doubly proofread your work amount to asking you to fight dirty? undecided

2. Now you are simply sounding like a typical Nigerian, always thinking enemies are everywhere when they are merely running from their own shadows. tongue
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Ibkay32(m): 10:14pm On Apr 15
Kobojunkie:
Exactly! Imagine someone in this day and age falling so cheaply for psychological manipulation of that kind and then wanting us to believe it was the other woman who caused it. undecided

2. You lost me! Cast and bind what evil? See her run why? undecided

The evil she's preparing for her 😂
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Kobojunkie: 10:14pm On Apr 15
Divoc19:
We are supposed to work as team. I have been condoling her for months until she made this unethical comment today. She’s had many victims on record.
But does working as a team mean she should not point out the errors in your work or something? You have been consoling her for months means other than your responsibilities as a member of the team, you have been paying undue attention to her person in the team, am I right? If you feel she has something against you as an individual then the best thing to do would be to follow the right channels in dealing with that so you both return to focusing on the work and the work alone. undecided
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Kobojunkie: 10:17pm On Apr 15
Ibkay32:
■ The evil she's preparing for her 😂
What evil? OP's statement is the lady points out typos in the works of her co-workers. Wouldn't the right thing for OP to do be to double-check her work every time in order not to miss anything and as such not get caught by her co-worker? undecided
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Ibkay32(m): 10:22pm On Apr 15
Kobojunkie:
What evil? OP's statement is the lady points out typos in the works of her co-workers. Wouldn't the right thing for OP to do be to double-check her work every time in order not to miss anything and as such not get caught by her co-worker? undecided

Common bro, no one is perfect
She can do mistakes but not all the time
Some co-worker just decided to be a winch

1 Like

Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Kobojunkie: 10:25pm On Apr 15
Ibkay32:
Common bro, no one is perfect . She can do mistakes but not all the time. Some co-worker just decided to be a winch
Nobody is talking about perfection here but instead about making sure to double-check one's work to greatly minimize problems. If you have ever been hit by a typo problem yourself, you would understand how important it is for documents to be scrutinized. undecided
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by haggai247: 6:24am On Apr 16
Divoc19:
May we not see evil or cross path with evil as we seek our daily bread.
My fellow female colleague told me that "She is evil and she will give me pains".
The only mistakes I do occasionally that I am aware of is typo. Because am a typist and editor.
I have never had any issue with her on the job from what I know.
She reported a mistake another colleague of ours made few minutes later.
Claiming I made that mistake.
Well, I have prove to show I didn't type that document scheduled to be submitted outside our office.
And every morning she dey on Youtube prayers very loud on her phone

NB: I wonder why Nigerian work environment is normally hostile. How productive can we...
Type your documents or proof read using goggle docs it's free. Just get good at doing your job na she go tire.
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Divoc19(f): 7:16am On Apr 16
She is telling to edit a graphic document. I use to do this for her before.
I told her I don't know how to do it.
She better send an official email.
Hence, till I leave I won't do anything outside the designation on my contract anymore.
When you try to be nice, some people will think you are a fool.

1 Like

Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Kobojunkie: 1:49pm On Apr 16
haggai247:
■ Type your documents or proof read using goggle docs it's free. Just get good at doing your job na she go tire.
Simple things! Even using such tools as Grammarly would take care of much of that for her. lipsrsealed
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Divoc19(f): 11:02pm On Apr 16
You are sounding like you are talking about perfection. My colleague has an agenda here. We are suppose to work as a team. Are you ok with the unethical words she use?

Kobojunkie:
Nobody is talking about perfection here but instead about making sure to double-check one's work to greatly minimize problems. If you have ever been hit by a typo problem yourself, you would understand how important it is for documents to be scrutinized. undecided
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Divoc19(f): 11:04pm On Apr 16
She is picking on me for a reason.
Month end I give her the space she wants.

haggai247:

Type your documents or proof read using goggle docs it's free. Just get good at doing your job na she go tire.
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Kobojunkie: 11:07pm On Apr 16
Divoc19:
You are sounding like you are talking about perfection. My colleague has an agenda here. We are suppose to work as a team. Are you ok with the unethical words she use?
How can I be talking of perfection when we are instead speaking of you doubly editing your work, something you are well aware you are out to do more of? undecided

If the unethical words she used are what you have a problem with then the commonsense thing to do would be to file a report against her for just that. That is what team members do. But you didn't do that at all, did you? Instead, you can here to give us the impression that she is somehow the one to blame for you wanting to run away from your current job. I don't think so. undecided
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Divoc19(f): 5:53am On Apr 17
Of course I reported her words to management. And yes am leaving because of her words not because she use correct me. The title of this thread says it all.

My life now, if you give me headache. I waka. Biko.
I have grown pass the phase of changing the world.

I shared my experience to know how others will handle such situation.

Kobojunkie:
How can I be talking of perfection when we are instead speaking of you doubly editing your work, something you are well aware you are out to do more of? undecided

If the unethical words she used are what you have a problem with then the commonsense thing to do would be to file a report against her for just that. That is what team members do. But you didn't do that at all, did you? Instead, you can here to give us the impression that she is somehow the one to blame for you wanting to run away from your current job. I don't think so. undecided
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by chidekings(m): 6:04am On Apr 17
Divoc19:
I’ll start looking. I know I will find.
Thanks. Kids are fine. Dad is supportive of them.

This is a wake up call. Am taking it in good faith.
women......if your husband tells you he will resign from his place of work over mere words spoken out of anger.....how would you feel?
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Divoc19(f): 6:14am On Apr 17
If it’s government job he should apply for transfer. If it’s private and it becomes life threatening, he should come home we go start business.

chidekings:
women......if your husband tells you he will resign from his place of work over mere words spoken out of anger.....how would you feel?
Re: What My Colleague Told Me At Work by Kobojunkie: 3:03pm On Apr 17
Divoc19:
Of course I reported her words to management. And yes am leaving because of her words not because she use correct me. The title of this thread says it all.
My life now, if you give me headache. I waka. Biko. I have grown pass the phase of changing the world. I shared my experience to know how others will handle such situation.
You reported her to management and you are running away? undecided

LOL... Someone did well to ask what you would do if a hubby came home with the same excuse from his many jobs. And if you started running your own business and happened to have difficult customers, are we to believe you would equally choose to shut down your business then too? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nbl And Sitp/1 / Mass Sack At Oceanic Bank / Can I Get A Job With International Certification From USA In MLT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.