Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:18 AM

FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate (1172 Views)

Peter Obi Disgraced Nigeria In International Community, Called A Liar By AFP / Lai Mohammed Replies Kid Grandson Who Asked Why He's Called Liar Mohammed / BREAKING NEWS My Grandson Asked Me Why I’m Called ‘liar’ Mohammed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by FuglyGurl(f): 1:00pm On Apr 15
Veronica Anyim, a member of the Dunamis International Gospel Centre (DIGC) in Abuja, was in church on Sunday morning to testify, having bagged a law degree.

Things did not go as planned, as a clip from her testimony has now gone viral, with many dubbing her a liar and manufacturer of false testimonies. In this clip, she says she obtained a law degree from the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), but Paul Enenche, the church founder, interrupts her to accuse her of lying.

“Degree in what?” He asks. “What programme? What is the name of the degree? Like, medicine is MBBS. What kind of degree is it?”

Anyim responds, “BSc, sir. BSc in law, sir.”

“So, the testimony is a lie. There is nothing like a BSc in law,” Enenche remarks. “You either have LLB or BL. It’s a lie. Please go back to your seat. Is that how lawyers speak English? Please, anybody who comes to this altar to share a testimony that is not true, you do it at the risk of yourself. We are not playing here. We are not faking anything here. When she started that testimony and was talking law, I knew there was nothing like law.”

CLAIM 1: There is nothing like BSc in Law

VERIFICATION: A Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree is typically awarded to college or university graduates upon completion of a science or technology-based course, which usually takes four years to study. It differs from Bachelors in Art (BA), which is awarded to graduates of social sciences, humanities, arts and others.

READ ALSO: FACT-CHECK: Video Showing Nigerians Looting Goats Is Old

However, LLB, the degree lawyers earn upon graduation, originates from Latin: Legum Baccalaureus. It existed long before BA and BSc and continues to remain the most popular way to refer to law degrees.

VERDICT: True. Enenche was right about what the degree is called.

CLAIM 2: Veronica Anyim did not have a law degree

VERIFICATION: To verify Enenche’s claim, FIJ reviewed NOUN’s Comprehensive Graduation List for the 2024 convocation. In this document, the newspaper found Anyim Veronica Nnenna, with Matric Number NOU133971176, listed as an LLB recipient. She bagged third-class honours.

Graduation list with Anyim’s name highlighted. Source: NOUN
FIJ also found her project topic filed under NOUN’s Projects Administration System (PAS). Her topic was The Legal Framework Regulating International Peace-Keeping, Building And The Role Of Nigeria Police Force.

Anyim’s project on NOUN portal
Further checks by FIJ confirmed NOUN held its convocation ceremony in Abuja on Saturday, and Anyim posted pictures of her in a convocation gown celebrating her birth month and graduation.

Excerpt from Anyim’s Facebook page
FIJ also learned that she worked as a police officer in Abuja while undergoing her degree programme.

Her law degree is also recognised by the Nigerian Law School, which has been admitting NOUN graduates since 2022.

VERDICT: False. Enenche was wrong to claim Anyim’s degree was fabricated.

https://fij.ng/article/fact-check-testifier-called-liar-by-dunamis-pastor-is-truly-a-noun-law-graduate/

1 Like

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by slivertongue: 1:03pm On Apr 15
controversies after controversies for naija
Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by CodeTemplar: 1:15pm On Apr 15
Wow. He was dead wrong but had good reasons to doubt her.
Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by OmihaniFARH: 1:54pm On Apr 15
After watching the video, I felt bad for the lady. Imagine being the first graduate in your family and your church where you are a worker is even doubting your degree.

Household enemies are real

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by jmoore(m): 2:15pm On Apr 15
Na wetin 'I too know' dey cause.

The pastor should apologize publicly the same way he embarrassed her. There should also be apology published on national newspapers. The apology should be aired on NTA, channels TV.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by Melagros(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15
COMRADES, I had never heard anyone acquiring Bsc in Law
The testifier shots herself in the foot grin
That is one thing with these girls wei too the form
Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by AKWATGOLD1(m): 2:32pm On Apr 15
The woman should sue Pastor Paul Eneche in the court of law for public assault in the church.

2 Likes

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by ddippset(m): 2:39pm On Apr 15
Melagros:
COMRADES, I had never heard anyone acquiring Bsc in Law
The testifier shots herself in the foot grin
That is one thing with these girls wei too the form
Was that enough reason for the "man of God" to shame her publicly like that?

So now that it turns out that the pastor was dead wrong in his assessment and conclusion, what do you have to say to justify?

The pastor displayed very horrible emotional intelligence.

At least criticize him for that one.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by LibertyRep: 3:50pm On Apr 15
Both are at fault.

The BSc in law raised the fed flag and you wouldn't blame a pastor for trying to protect the integrity of his altar.

2 Likes

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by Astra101: 4:47pm On Apr 15
Be quick to see, hear but slow to speak!

That's how we know who is led by the Holy Spirit.

These so call men of God are too worldly with terrible emotional intelligence. What sense does it make to interrupt her in such way and manner?

2 Likes

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by OneCandleAway(f): 4:57pm On Apr 15
LibertyRep:
Both are at fault.

The BSc in law raised the fed flag and you wouldn't blame a pastor for trying to protect the integrity of his altar.

There's actually BSc in law programmes available
Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by LordIsaac(m): 5:22pm On Apr 15
He was very rude to her…she’s an adult! The least he could do is to request to see her later for counseling if the Spirit tells him it’s a lie. Anyways, what do I know? I don’t join in worshipping gods of men.

1 Like

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by BlocksNG(m): 5:25pm On Apr 15
Hmmmmm
Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by Justnation: 5:40pm On Apr 15
Apologies to sister Veronica Anyim. She was right, stage fright and slip of tongue contributed to the error and she corrected it by echoing yes to the mention of LLB.

The lady was over excited to accomplish an achievement that has eluded her lineage.

More wins sister Veronica, nothing to worry about you are destined for greatness

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by id4sho(m): 6:02pm On Apr 15
Enenche, but why
Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by olisaEze(m): 6:07pm On Apr 15
In a bid to be politically correct, Enenche goofed terribly. The emotional damage on the testifier cannot be wishy washed away with the usual fake spiritual propaganda. This points to a more deeper malaise called pride, because someone that claims to be permanently in tune with the Holy Spirit but cannot tell the difference between stage fright and a lying spirit, is just empty! undecided

2 Likes

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by Prince2324: 6:44pm On Apr 15
My renown Pastor Eneche, you have been a good pastor but with all due respect I think, i can't support you a bit in this one. Your response and behavior is on called for in this case.
As I was watching her testimony I first notice that she was under stage fright, thereby she might not be coherent enough to say something.
Abeg the rich should allow we the poor breath before killing us.

2 Likes

Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by Abee79(m): 7:54pm On Apr 15
I only came for the comments 😁✌️
Re: FACT-CHECK: Testifier Called Liar By Dunamis Pastor Is Truly A NOUN Law Graduate by flokii: 9:04pm On Apr 15
You can't blame Enenche much.. na ol0do the girl be.
B.Sc is Bachelor of Science and Law is not under Sciences.

The ideal response would have been Bachelors degree in Law or LLB Law.

That NOUN is on another level, worse then glorified secondary schools like CU.

(1) (Reply)

Borishade Is Indispensible / Obj Administration In The Past 7 Years Plus / Gov.ladoja Wins At Supreme Court.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.