Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,949 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? (377 Views)

Please Farmers What Type Of Snail Is This / Poultry Farmers What Would You Do Differently / The Machinery "Big John" Used For Planting Trees In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by CodeTemplar: 1:11pm On Apr 15
Between 2020 and now, food prices have jumped by as much as 350% yet income has barely increased for most of people.
For the first timers among us, What are you planting and how big are you doing it to support yourselves?

2 Likes

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:25pm On Apr 15
I want to go into farming this year. Intend on planting groundnut and corn. Then will farm beans later on. Currently in talk with those that will give me land for rent.

I pray this turns out well cos 2 yrs ago, I gave someone money to plant beans for me only for harvest time to reach and he called to tell me that rain destroyed all the beans

2 Likes

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by Emeskhalifa(m): 1:26pm On Apr 15
I felt discouraged and did not do farming last year. But this year, I want to give it a shot again, this time around, I will supervise closely and not just put money in anyone's hand

3 Likes

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by Redomi(m): 2:04pm On Apr 15
I'm done with 3 plots of cassava intercrop with maize, currently in 1 acre of okro, remain 1 plot to finish. I'm moving to another 1 acre of cassava soon

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by Natbrowny: 5:26pm On Apr 15
Emeskhalifa:
I felt discouraged and did not do farming last year. But this year, I want to give it a shot again, this time around, I will supervise closely and not just put money in anyone's hand

Great idea

1 Like

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by MemoryTips(m): 12:20pm On Apr 16
Working on one acre of corn inter croped with cassava. Planting season is almost over in my location. I started late.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by Redman44(m): 12:45pm On Apr 16
Emeskhalifa:

It is better to monitor your farm yourself. You don't plant crops via someone else. It always ends badly. Cheers.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by ibroopeyemi(m): 4:16pm On Apr 16
Start with 2acres of land for casava and maize,

2 Likes

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by Skyborn: 9:35pm On Apr 16
Anybody with access to land for lease around ifo ogun state should pls notify.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 10:16am On Apr 17
MemoryTips:
Working on one acre of corn inter croped with cassava. Planting season is almost over in my location. I started late.
except for corn. Cassava can be planted even till late November

2 Likes

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by AmbFmk: 5:28pm On Apr 17
I'm currently working on, tomatoes, okro, maize, ewedu, efo and planting. mixed farming on my two plots of land.

2 Likes

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by Leadtee: 9:36pm On Apr 17
How do I get off takers for Tomato and onions

2 Likes

Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by CodeTemplar: 10:21am On Apr 19
Emeskhalifa:
it is best to supervise directly and never trust people blindly.
Re: First Time Farmers, What Are You Planting? by Adeniyiademola(m): 1:27pm On Apr 19
I'm in need of one acre of farmland for lease in edo state. I'm staying around Upper Sakponba.

(1) (Reply)

Human Services Again Along That Continuum / Still On Sale Good Rabbits / Bags Of Irish Potato 4 12000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.