Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? (5198 Views)

Scientists Now Extend Human Life On Earth By Cryogenically Freezing The Brain / The Important Of Honey, Bitter Kola, Wonderful And Bitter Leave In Human Life. / What Are The Nigerian Foods That Kill The Bad Bacteria In The Stomach And Teeth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by angelllla(f): 10:18am On Nov 18, 2011
A friend's brother had an accident and was rushed to LASUTH, only to be told that they had no beds,then his family had to take him all the way to OAUTH where of, course, he eventually died. It is so sad how we toy with human existence in this country. I am ashamed of a government that considers removal of oil subsidy and conferment of honours at the forefront of its agenda when the medical system rots daily.

This family has been thrown into so much pain now because we do not have adequate health facilities and our leaders are there pretending like all is well.

With the current state of education in this country, we can only imagine the quality of doctors we produce. This is rather very unfortunate after over 50 years of independence. I was once hospitalized,only for the two young doctors, who probably graduated yesterday, to start debating about what exactly could be wrong with me, right in my presence. I thought, are these the people I am depending on to get well?

Just when will the Nigerian government place value on human life? It is so sad!
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by buzor(m): 12:35pm On Nov 18, 2011
how did this made the homepage. like anything can now males the homepage.
@op i feel your pain and frustrations but let us hope and pray that things will eventually get better
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by Hilundi: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2011
Good One,and very very sad.I once had Malaria symptoms and i went to the hospital very early in the morning.I was not attended to until evening and along the 'lane' i got exhausted and fainted,and thank God i didn't die! That is Nigeria for you,and my condolence goes to the family.Only God can save us from this mess,
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by babaowo: 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2011
its when nigerians come together as ONE to begin shout enough is enough!!!!!!!! REVOLUTION is what nigerian need.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by chamber2(m): 12:48pm On Nov 18, 2011
buzor:

@op i feel your pain and frustrations but let us hope and pray that things will eventually get better

An example of the insensitive nature of Nigerians.No wonder human life have no value in Nigeria.

@op, It's not about the govt alone, we as a people have no regard for others and their predicaments. Imagine telling an accident victim that we have no beds and therefore cannot admit you without minding that he may die for not being attended to earlier.

A friend of mine was mistakenly shot by a group of cult boys when i was in school and was rushed to the hospital, the first thing the the useless and clueless nurses asked was;where is your hospital card and police report? Good a thing he didn't die. And these are supposed to be professionals, medical doctors who probably spent many useless years in school studying nothing. Life saving is the main thrust of every medical personnel but in our country the reverse becomes the case.

The same attitude is displayed when they get to positions of authority, they will hardly care about how their fellow citizens feel and live. It's really pathetic.

Sorry for this unfortunate but avoidable incident.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by obowunmi(m): 1:16pm On Nov 18, 2011
I keep hearing revolution, revolution, Aren't Boko Horam boys conducting a revolution ? Also, who will lead Nigeria after this so-called revolution ? Who are the new and fresh leaders in the pipeline ? Name 'em.

I agree with the post above mine. Nigeria's problem is also that of its heartless people.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2011
sad
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by tunyus(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2011
NEXT WORLD sad sad sad
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by nineville(m): 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2011
buzor:

you are very foolish for that statement. you speak before thinking. should the other way round.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2011
@OP, when you and those around you start valuing human life. . . . hope that helps? Your Nigerian Government is a mirror of the Nigeria people. So whatever the people allow, will be allowed by the Government. Not until you, and the majority decide you are tired of the old ways will things change.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2011
This is a very good question. I don't think the Nigerian govt even have answers. The truth that the leaders are still bent on following the old system approach to issues  in Nigeria the circle of poor methods of addressing them will linger. Not until the youths with better contemporary intellects are placed in high positions to look into these matters things will always remain the way they are.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by Osama10(m): 2:44pm On Nov 18, 2011
Naija.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by AZeD1(m): 2:57pm On Nov 18, 2011
buzor:

@op i feel your pain and frustrations but let us[b] hope and pray [/b]that things will eventually get better
for how long?
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by ndigbo: 3:07pm On Nov 18, 2011
buzor:

With the above bolded, Nigeria and Nigerians have a very long way to go!
The one and only way, i think we can get ourselves out of this mess is for us all taking a stand and say NO to these Thieves who call themselves leaders! Cus the hardship Nigeria and Nigerians face, knows no Religion nor Region. So why don't we unite against our common Enemy (Politicians) and give them a run for thier lives!
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by Kapardanie(m): 3:30pm On Nov 18, 2011
, its when Nigeria became an arm free nation where every one has a gun!
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by ronkebp(f): 3:45pm On Nov 18, 2011
The federal government would not do what the state government should do.

The governors are sitting doing nothing in their offices waiting for miracles to occur, they travel to different nations and have not seen anything positive to implement, except, sending their kids to study abroad. Our government is a big joke, and only when they stop thinking about themselves but the NATION that things would start to take a positive shape.

What annoys me most, is the trailers that park on lagos-ibadan express-way, so many lives have been lost in car accidents from having a head-on collision with a parked trailer, the State governors do not have the common sense to create a 'lot' from the land between ibadan/ogun/ and lagos state for these trailers.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by emmatok(m): 4:19pm On Nov 18, 2011
buzor:

STOOPID!!!

What is your business with what made homepage.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by emmatok(m): 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2011
angelllla:

A friend's brother had an accident and was rushed to LASUTH, only to be told that they had no beds,then his family had to take him all the way to OAUTH where of, course, he eventually died. It is so sad how we toy with human existence in this country. I am ashamed of a government that considers removal of oil subsidy and conferment of honours at the forefront of its agenda when the medical system rots daily.

This family has been thrown into so much pain now because we do not have adequate health facilities and our leaders are there pretending like all is well.

With the current state of education in this country, we can only imagine the quality of doctors we produce. This is rather very unfortunate after over 50 years of independence. I was once hospitalized,only for the two young doctors, who probably graduated yesterday, to start debating about what exactly could be wrong with me, right in my presence. I thought, are these the people I am depending on to get well?

Just when will the Nigerian government place value on human life? It is so sad!

@OP

Do you mean his family took him from Lagos to Ile-Ife  just to get a bed?

SO SAD.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by brainpulse: 4:22pm On Nov 18, 2011
The day we have a thinking and visionary Government (state & federal) that is day we start moving forward.
I cry for a nation that loses great gems and human resources because some few can embezzle and afford to travel abroad to receive small medical checkup.

example Atiku travelled abroad just because of a strain on his leg, when he was the VP and he wasnt a shame.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by brainpulse: 4:24pm On Nov 18, 2011
buzor:

This is just an example of how some few brainless and insentitive government officials think
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2011
brainpulse:

The day we have a thinking and visionary Government (state & federal) that is day we start moving forward.
I cry for a nation that loses great gems and human resources because some few can embezzle and afford to travel abroad to receive small medical checkup.

example Atiku travelled abroad just because of a strain on his leg, when he was the VP and he wasnt a shame.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2011
@ OP,
let them start to appreciate animal's life first before taking human's. If this can be done, i bet you human life will be so precious to them all.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by kelz88(f): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2011
As long as we have the same type of people in power things will never change.

They can afford to fly their sick families abroad for treatment so they don't really care about the ordinary man.

We need a miracle.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 9:33pm On Nov 18, 2011
God help us all
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by InkedNerd(f): 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2011
Sadly, the manner which a government conducts itself is at times a reflection of it's people.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by Skii(m): 9:47pm On Nov 18, 2011
buzor:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

L for k is understandable they are adjacent keys, but what is s afterwards got to do? and d and k are on opposite ends of the keyboard!!

failed product of Nigerian education system ( grin grin friday night mischief wink)

OP sorry for your loss sad
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by philipinho: 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2011
Who is your name and What do you think you are?
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by ajileko: 12:12am On Nov 19, 2011
This is a shame and corruption at worse. LASUTH is not a free hospital as they make you believe. You just have to settle somebody. There is always a bed but at the right price.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by zumbigbo(m): 1:36am On Nov 19, 2011
When we begin to value each other!

http://allafrica.com/stories/201111170540.html
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by jerikoyan(m): 3:42am On Nov 19, 2011
DAMOLA ADESANYA may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace.and for ur corrupt leaders who refuse to repair our roads,fund our hospital:may they be partakers of ur parent sorrow.
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by ayex0001: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2011
Get free downloading codes, how to generate recharge card nombas, how to hack and crack, how to be a real programmer in minutes, secrets and the legit ways of making online all on
www . naijatechzone . com
Re: When Will The Nigerian Govenrment Value Human Life? by reindeer: 5:15pm On Nov 19, 2011
Kobojunkie:

@OP, when you and those around you start valuing human life. . . . hope that helps? Your Nigerian Government is a mirror of the Nigeria people. So whatever the people allow, will be allowed by the Government. Not until you, and the majority decide you are tired of the old ways will things change.

Good one! Nigerians generally do not value life until something like this happens.
Its not the govt's fault someone hangs from the Molue door, that the okada man hates helmets, that people will rather consume all kinds of concoctions rather than see a doctor, that people will blame health workers when they go on strike for a better sector.
People only realise things like this after a painful loss and it ends up being very transient.
The society we all dream of will only come to life when people first change themselves and their reasoning, then speak and act our againt the current lot in power.
Till that happens?i'm sorry you'd have to live with the current rotten life-debasing system.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! What Drug Should Someone Take For A Severe Stomach Pain? / Men Should Suck Women’s Breasts To Prevent Breast Cancer – Expert / my throat is getting worse. Doctors In The House please Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.