Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,585 members, 7,812,912 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran (2377 Views)

Israel Chickens, Out Cancels Ground Operation To Invade Gaza / Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 11:40pm On Apr 15
Lolz
Dem no born dem well.

Iran just wanted to let them know that they can and will attack Israel in a major force projection using a swarm of drones and missiles.

Cowards are now saying Biden begged them not to respond.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Babangidapikin: 11:44pm On Apr 15
Please don't provoke anyone it's the right thing to do. What I saw on social media wasn't funny, especially as it involves civilians ... If it is a Military thing alone everyone knows what they signed up for, but once civilians, especially children are involve, I get worried... I hope they also call off their hostility in Palestine. I hope we have defense systems sha ..I know most of our neighbors are brothers but the challenge is we might be divided by this world powers ...I just imagine the cost in Infrastructure damage if those 100 missiles from mobile lauchers have succeeded.

3 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 11:46pm On Apr 15
Russia warned Biden that if Israel under whatever guise attacks Iran, they will join in countering it.

They don't call him "Boss Putin" for nothing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by BadMaster: 11:56pm On Apr 15
Babangidapikin:
Please don't provoke anyone it's the right thing to do. What I saw on social media wasn't funny, especially as it involves civilians ... If it is a Military thing alone everyone knows what they signed up for, but once civilians, especially children are involve, I get worried... I hope they also call off their hostility in Palestine. I hope we have defense systems sha ..I know most of our neighbors are brothers but the challenge is we might be divided by this world powers ...I just imagine the cost in Infrastructure damage if those 100 missiles from mobile lauchers have succeeded.
You think Iran is a country you can bully militarily? This is not Iraq or Palestine. Those guys are ready for whatever.

Attached was my position earlier today

13 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Floky215: 12:03am On Apr 16
Fake news as usual...!!

Iran has been calling on the US and her allies to prevail in Israel to drop the planned response attack..!!

The Israeli airforce is now ready and awaiting orders..!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Ance4Liverpool: 12:06am On Apr 16
Iran should pls send one missile to aso rock i want to know if we can capture it as isreal did.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Penguin2: 12:06am On Apr 16
GenSpecifics:
Lolz
Dem no born dem well.

Iran just wanted to let them know that they can and will attack Israel in a major force projection using a swarm of drones and missiles.

Stop posting fake news.

Israel has not called off anything

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Hashabiah: 12:06am On Apr 16
GenSpecifics:
Russia warned Biden that if Israel under whatever guise attacks Iran, they will join in countering it.

They don't call him "Boss Putin" for nothing.
I love Putin. No nonsense man cool

4 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Babangidapikin: 12:07am On Apr 16
BadMaster:

You think Iran is a country you can bully militarily? This is not Iraq or Palestine. Those guys are ready for whatever.

You are right and we don't even know if they have nuclear weapons.. I just hope Israeli would have sense and put a more peaceful government in power in their next election.. I know what they did is to observe and test this powers .. they have tested Russia and Iran ... I guess they would provoke China next

3 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Blaze14k: 12:09am On Apr 16
But they had to strike Palestine very hard. I thought they were well prepared and ready to strike Iran. It shows that Israel is fighting who they can win.

6 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by BadMaster: 12:12am On Apr 16
Babangidapikin:

You are right and we don't even know if they have nuclear weapons.. I just hope Israeli would have sense and put a more peaceful government in power in their next election.. I know what they did is to observe and test this powers .. they have tested Russia and Iran ... I guess they would provoke China next
They advertised this earlier today

4 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Babangidapikin: 12:14am On Apr 16
BadMaster:

Russia hypersonic Missile was undetected by Ukraine defense systems supplied by the U.S ...but war is a game of cards ..the element of surprise is the game changer.. I think 100 missile is enough caution to Israel.

1 Like

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:14am On Apr 16
Penguin2:

Stop posting fake news.

Lolz.

So the Israeli national tabloid is fake news?

Copium.

8 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Tranquillity360: 12:16am On Apr 16
GenSpecifics:
Lolz
Dem no born dem well.

Attack that couldn't kill anyone. grin grin

Do you think Israel will hitting Hamas this hard if Hamas October 7th attack was like that?

If Iran really want to fight Israel they should give them a good reason to fight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:17am On Apr 16
BadMaster:

Hypersonic missiles are invisible to radar detection because they produce a plasma shield around it as it cruises.

This plus its immense speed and manuverability makes it impossible to counter.

America lost the arms race since their MIC was taken over by greedy corrupt kikes who over charge them for useless wunderwaffe.

With Jews you always lose.

3 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:18am On Apr 16
Tranquillity360:
Attack that couldn't kill anyone. grin grin

Do you think Israel will hitting Hamas this hard if Hamas October 7th attack was like that?

If Iran really want to fight Israel they should give them a good reason to fight.

If it didn't kill anyone , why was Satanyahu itching to respond ,?

Uwazurike was right about you guys .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:20am On Apr 16
Meanwhile , Israeli government to shut down outgoing flights claiming because of Passover.

Lolz.

The reality is that their airports are filled with Jews leaving.

This is what differentiates the real sons of the soil from colonial land grabbing settlers.

Jews are not even willing to die for their God promised homeland.

Fake Jews that are faker than our Aba faked version.

Pissrael has expired.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Dream25: 12:23am On Apr 16
Iran, the #1 country Israel fear in the Middle East... Let no one deceive you, even US don't want a war with a power like Iran...

Russia will never allow any country destroy Iran.. 💯

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:23am On Apr 16
Man it must be an absolutely wild thing for the Israeli government. Everytime they or their allied friends destroys a nation, all the Jews get to fly out before war breaks out (see: Ukraine).

Now they're flying out of the Jewish country, leaving it undefended. Wild. I guess the liberalism in israel bred a bunch of very un-zionisitic zionists.

See the lame excuse they are giving for banning outgoing flights from Pissrael.

2 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Babangidapikin: 12:26am On Apr 16
GenSpecifics:

Hypersonic missiles are invisible to radar detection because they produce a plasma shield around it as it cruises.

This plus its immense speed and manuverability makes it impossible to counter.

America lost the arms race since their MIC was taken over by greedy corrupt kikes who over charge them for useless wunderwaffe.

With Jews you always lose.
America have advance weapons that are out of this world.. they have been testing a highly classified shealth aircrafts that not only escape radar detection but also physical detection... Imagine enemy aircrafts in your airspace and you can't see them, and the cloud is clear ... that's invisibility ...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Tranquillity360: 12:26am On Apr 16
GenSpecifics:

If it didn't kill anyone , why was Satanyahu itching to respond ,?

Uwazurike was right about you guys .

Action speaks louder than voice.

I.B.B was really right

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:30am On Apr 16
Floky215:
Fake news as usual...!!

Iran has been calling on the US and her allies to prevail in Israel to drop the planned response attack..!!

The Israeli airforce is now ready and awaiting orders..!!

The only flights out of Pissrael are commercial flights carrying fleeing Jewish rats who are not ready to die for their God promised land 😂.

The situation is so bad that there are hardly any passengers into Israel but a horde of Jews are running away so much so that the Israeli government is set to ban outgoing passenger flights under the pretext of Passover holidays.

They didn't ban outgoing flights when they were celebrating their genocide celebration holiday Purim which is considered their most holy day it is Passover they are now banning flights.

Ol boy, Israel has expired .

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:31am On Apr 16
Tranquillity360:

Action speaks louder than voice.

I.B.B was really right

We know the real cowards who run at the first sight of danger.

Argue with Ojukwu and Kanu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:34am On Apr 16
Ance4Liverpool:
Iran should pls send one missile to aso rock i want to know if we can capture it as isreal did.

Your foolishness since 1966 you are yet to learn from abi

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:36am On Apr 16
Babangidapikin:

America have advance weapons that are out of this world.. they have been testing a highly classified shealth aircrafts that not only escape radar detection but also physical detection... Imagine enemy aircrafts in your airspace and you can't see them, and the cloud is clear ... that's invisibility ...

Wunderwaffe that couldn't save Jewkraine and Pissrael.

This is the kind of shit lies you get when Jews take over your MIC.

1 Like

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by SpatialKing(m): 12:43am On Apr 16
BadMaster:

Oga we are not interested in your tears for ceasefire...

All the nosies Iran have been making they couldn't even lunch strategic offensive on Israel đŸ‡źđŸ‡±...

They were just trowing toothpicks and cucumber đŸ„’

😂😂😂😂😂

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by NaijaCowFarm: 12:44am On Apr 16
Op pls rest!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by GenSpecifics: 12:45am On Apr 16
SpatialKing:

Oga we are not interested in your tears for ceasefire...

All the nosies Iran have been making they couldn't even lunch strategic offensive on Israel đŸ‡źđŸ‡±...

They were just trowing toothpicks and cucumber đŸ„’

😂😂😂😂😂

Copium

2 Likes

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by FreeStuffsNG: 12:58am On Apr 16
Penguin2:

Stop posting fake news.

Just provide your own evidence to counter OP.

Btw, while Israel’s defence was extremely effective, it was also very expensive. Warding off the waves of drones and missiles was likely to have cost around a whopping $1bn, according to the ynet news site.

1 Like

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by HNICEARTH: 1:26am On Apr 16
Fake news!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Chickens Out , Calls Off "Retalaitory" Strike On Iran by Onogiede(m): 1:43am On Apr 16
live news
Live
Retired colonel says this shows 'Iranians clearly sending signal' to the US01:49
LIVE UPDATES
Israel weighs response after Iran fires missile barrage
By Kathleen Magramo, Antoinette Radford, Maureen Chowdhury and Amir Vera, CNN

Updated 2341 GMT (0741 HKT) April 15, 2024
What we're covering
The Israeli war cabinet has reviewed military plans for a potential response against Iran, an official said. The cabinet remains determined to act, but it's not clear if a decision has been made. Israel has vowed to "exact a price" after the unprecedented large-scale drone and missile attack.
US President Joe Biden addressed Iran’s attack for the first time publicly Monday, saying he remains focused on Israel’s security, reaching a Gaza ceasefire and hostage deal and preventing the conflict from spreading.
Iran’s attack on Israel was “legitimate” and “responsible,” Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Nasser Kanaani said Monday. Tehran is not seeking to raise tension but will take “proportionate action” to defend itself, he said.
Meanwhile, Israel was set to take its first steps toward a ground offensive on the Gaza city of Rafah but delayed the campaign after Iran’s attack, Israeli sources told CNN.
Here's how to help humanitarian efforts in Gaza and Israel.
2 hr 7 min ago
15 more bodies recovered from around Gaza's Al-Shifa Hospital as exhumation process continues
From CNN’s Kareem Khadder and Zeena Saifi in Jerusalem

A United Nations team inspects the grounds of Al-Shifa hospital after an Israeli raid on April 8.
A United Nations team inspects the grounds of Al-Shifa hospital after an Israeli raid on April 8. AFP/Getty Images
Fifteen bodies were recovered Monday from around Al-Shifa Hospital following the withdrawal of the Israeli military from the area two weeks ago, Gaza residents and medical crews told CNN.

Health workers and residents in northern Gaza have been searching for what they believe are mass graves and looking for their loved ones after they said Israeli forces killed hundreds of Palestinians and left their bodies to decompose during their two-week siege of the complex.

Hundreds of bodies have been recovered from areas around the hospital complex since the siege ended April 1, a Gaza Civil Defense spokesperson told CNN last week.

Video filmed by CNN Monday shows medical workers, some wearing UN-marked vests walking around the site over mounds of sand, digging up bodies. White body bags can be seen on the side of the excavation site, some marked with text that read “unidentified body” and some with names of people on them.

“Today I bid farewell to my mother who was inside Al-Shifa Hospital during the invasion and attack by the vicious Israeli occupation on this medical complex that has been turned into a big mass of rubble,” Mohammad Al-Khateeb, a resident of Gaza told CNN. “The Israeli military deprived patients, nurses, doctors and the displaced of water, medicine and food."
Al-Khateeb’s mother, Khawala Al-Khateeb, was 75 years old when she was brought to the hospital three days before the Israeli military siege on the complex and surrounding neighborhood of Al-Rimal, and was killed three days after, he said.
CNN has reached out to the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) for comment on these allegations but has not received a response.
Waleed Abu-Laila told CNN he had been searching for his mother since the Israeli siege on the hospital ended on April 1. On Monday, he said he found her body and was only able to identify her "from the specific markings on her feet and hands" from when she had a toe and finger amputated back in November.

Video shows Abu-Laila opening a white body bag, revealing his mother’s decomposed body.

“The hospital was blocked from all sides and there were bodies were scattered all over, squashed on the streets from the tank rails. When I got a call to come check the unidentified bodies, I opened a bag that was marked 'unidentified' and immediately found my mother’s body decomposed,” he said.
Khadr Al-Za’anoun of Wafa, the official Palestinian news agency, contributed to this report.

1 hr 21 min ago
Hamas lowers number of hostages it's willing to release as part of a ceasefire deal, Israeli source says
From CNN’s Jeremy Diamond in Tel Aviv

Hamas has slashed the number of hostages it is willing to release during the first phase of a ceasefire deal by more than half, an Israeli source close to the negotiations said.

In its latest counterproposal, Hamas offered to release fewer than 20 hostages in exchange for a six-week ceasefire, more than halving the number of 40 hostages that has been the basis of negotiations for months now, representing a significant step backward in the talks.

A senior Biden administration official confirmed that Hamas is focused on those 20 for the first phase of a potential ceasefire deal. The official also confirmed Hamas is telling mediators that it only has around 20 remaining hostages who are women or sick, wounded and elderly men.

Hamas also called for the release of more Palestinian prisoners in exchange for fewer hostages, the source said, as well as a higher number of prisoners serving life sentences.

The Israeli source said the latest Hamas counterproposal signals that Yahya Sinwar, the Hamas leader in Gaza, does not want a deal, seeking to exploit fissures between the US and Israel over Israeli military operations in Gaza and domestic pressure on the Israeli government.

Basem Naim, a Hamas spokesperson, said Hamas had proposed “releasing (three) captured Israelis each week,” but said “no one is talking about final numbers.”
Beyond the ratio of Palestinian prisoners, Hamas is continuing to demand assurances about a permanent ceasefire, the withdrawal of Israeli troops from Gaza and unrestricted access for Palestinians to return to northern Gaza.
“I think part of this is Hamas thinks they're winning. Because their definition of success is survival and they've survived so far,” the Biden official said. “The longer the conflict has gone on the more recalcitrant Hamas has become rather than the other way around.”
This post has been updated with remarks from a Biden official.
2 hr 43 min ago
Israeli prime minister says international community must "stand united in resisting this Iranian aggression"
From CNN’s Eugenia Yosef in Haifa and Larry Register in Atlanta

It's imperative the international community "stand united in resisting this Iranian aggression, which threatens world peace," Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said in a Monday statement from his office on X.

Netanyahu added:

“Directly and through its terror proxies Hamas and others, Iran is conducting a full-scale campaign of aggression that threatens not only Israel but the entire Middle East.”
Netanyahu's comments follow an Iranian strike against Israel over the weekend in which more than 300 missiles and drones were launched.

Tehran said the attack was in retaliation for a deadly Israeli attack against a consulate building in the Iranian embassy compound in Damascus.
2 hr 3 min ago
Golden Gate Bridge reopens after protestors against the war in Gaza block traffic
From CNN’s Cindy Von Quednow and Jeffrey Kopp

Protesters are monitored by California Highway Patrol officers on Interstate 880 southbound near the 7th Avenue on ramp in West Oakland, California, on April 15.
Protesters are monitored by California Highway Patrol officers on Interstate 880 southbound near the 7th Avenue on ramp in West Oakland, California, on April 15. Jane Tyska/Digital First Media/East Bay Times/Getty Images
The Golden Gate Bridge has reopened after demonstrators protesting the war in Gaza shut down the busy roadway Monday morning, California Highway Patrol Officer Andrew Barclay told CNN.

Traffic is beginning to flow again as both sides of the bridge reopened, Barclay added.
Earlier in the day, protestors also blocked Interstate 880 in Oakland and the roadway remains impacted, Barclay said. The northbound side of the interstate is almost completely clear, while the southbound side remains closed, the officer detailed. Protests continue on the interstate, aerial and ground video from CNN affiliate KGO showed.
“Arrests have been made, and are continuing to be made,” Barclay said in an email early Monday.
Before the law enforcement response, protesters held signs, including one that read “Stop the world for Gaza.”
I-880 reopened traffic later Monday, California Highway Patrol Officer Art Montiel told CNN. Protesters are still demonstrating on city streets near the interstate, the officer added.
Montiel was not able to say how many people were arrested in the incident.
4 hr 43 min ago
US military assets remain in Middle East as Israel debates response to Iran attack, Pentagon says
From CNN's Haley Britzky
Additional US military assets that had been moved into the Middle East before Iran’s attack on Israel remain in place, Pentagon spokesperson Maj. Gen. Pat Ryder said Monday.
Ryder's comments come as Israel debates possible retaliation to Iran’s attack.
"As (Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin) has said, both publicly and privately, we don't want to see escalation, but we obviously will take necessary measures to protect our forces in the region and as was demonstrated over the weekend, we'll take necessary measures to defend Israel," Ryder said.

4 hr 49 min ago
Iran will not show restraint if "enemy aggression" crosses red lines, military adviser says
From CNN Staff
Iraj Masjedi speaks at the Rafidain Forum in Baghdad, Iraq, in August 2021.
Iraj Masjedi speaks at the Rafidain Forum in Baghdad, Iraq, in August 2021. Haydar Karaalp/Anadolu Agency/Getty Images
Iran will not show restraint when its red lines are crossed, the top advisor to the Iran Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) Quds Force commander, Iraj Masjedi, said on Monday, according to Iranian state news agency IRNA.
"The Islamic Republic does not seek war but will not show restraint in the face of enemy aggression against its red lines either,” Masjedi said.
Masjedi said while the United States urged Iran to exercise restraint, “at the same time, it supported the Israeli regime's actions."
Iran will not hesitate to give a "stormy and unified response” to any acts of aggression, Iranian Army Chief Commander Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi said during a Monday message commemorating National Army Day in Iran.
Iran’s retaliatory attacks against Israel this past weekend, dubbed Operation True Promise, were conducted in cooperation with the IRGC’s Aerospace Division, the Army, and the Defense Ministry, Mousavi said. Iran has recently conducted many joint military drills to enhance its national security, he said.
"The recent strike showed that (Israel's) air defense systems and the Iron Dome are by no means a deterrent against Iranian missiles," Masjedi said.
Some context: Almost all the ballistic missiles and drones Iran launched at Israel in an unprecedented attack late Saturday were intercepted and failed to meet their mark, according to Israeli and American officials, highlighting the formidable, and multi-layered missile defense deployed by the two allied partners.
Most of the more than 300 Iranian munitions, the majority of which are believed to have been launched from inside of Iran’s territory during a five-hour attack, were intercepted before they got to Israel, more than 1,100 miles (1,770 kilometers) from their launch points.
3 hr 30 min ago
White House says Biden will not accept a standalone funding bill for aid to Israel
From CNN's Donald Judd
Joe Biden listens in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, on April 15.
Joe Biden listens in the Oval Office of the White House in Washington, DC, on April 15. Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images
The White House reiterated on Monday that President Joe Biden “will not accept a standalone” funding bill for aid to Israel.
Some House Republicans have suggested that lawmakers seek to pass additional funding in the wake of Iran’s attacks.
“What we want to see is that bipartisan national security supplemental that passed overwhelmingly, 70-29 in the Senate, and we believe if the (House Speaker Mike Johnson) were to put that on the floor, it would pass overwhelmingly. And so that's what we want to see,” White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre told CNN.
The House has so far declined to take a vote on the Senate-passed legislation — which includes funding for Israel as well as Ukraine and Taiwan — with many House conservatives opposed to sending additional aid to Ukraine and wanting stricter US southern border policies included in any aid package.
4 hr 46 min ago
Iran strike "will be met with a response," Israel’s army chief tells soldiers
From CNN’s Jeremy Diamond, Zahid Mahmood and Niamh Kennedy
IDF chief of staff Herzi Halevi attends a ceremony in Tel Aviv, in January 2023.
IDF chief of staff Herzi Halevi attends a ceremony in Tel Aviv, in January 2023. Gil Cohen-Magen/AFP/Getty Images
Israel Defense Forces (IDF) chief of staff Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi said on Monday that Iran’s attack on Israel "will be met with a response.”
"Iran wanted to harm the strategic capabilities of the State of Israel, this is something that did not happen in the past," Halevi said while addressing troops at Nevatim airbase, which was hit in the strike.
"We were prepared in the 'Iron Shield' operation, this preparation brought Iran to also meet air superiority, which you expressed (manifested) very well," he said.
Halevi said that Israel had intelligence of Iran’s strike since last Monday, adding that Israel is "very strong and knows how to deal with it on its own."
IDF spokesperson Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari doubled down on the chief of staff's message during a media briefing.
Responding to a question regarding a possible Israeli response, Hagari stressed that the Israeli military will have to do "all that is necessary" to defend Israel.
"And we will do that at the time we choose," he added.
5 hr 19 min ago
Analysis: Oil prices could shoot skyward if Iran-Israel conflict escalates further
Analysis by CNN's Anna Cooban
Iran’s unprecedented attack on Israel over the weekend has ratcheted up tensions in the oil-rich Middle East yet again, threatening to send fuel prices skyward if the conflict escalates and disrupts global supplies.
Tehran launched scores of missiles toward Israel late Saturday in retaliation for a suspected Israeli strike on an Iranian diplomatic complex in Syria on April 1. Israel’s military said that “99%” of the more than 300 projectiles were intercepted.
Oil prices spiked Friday to levels not seen since October in anticipation of just such an escalation but on Monday were subdued. Brent, the global benchmark, was trading down 0.9%; West Texas Intermediate futures, the US benchmark, were down 0.8% by 9.25 am ET as markets wait to see how Israel will respond.
Members of Israel’s war cabinet were locked in heated debate over the nature of its response, with military and diplomatic options both being considered, two Israeli officials familiar with the deliberations told CNN.
The deepening conflict raises “the risk of increased volatility in oil markets and (provides) a fresh reminder of the importance of oil security,” the Paris-based International Energy Agency, which monitors oil markets on behalf of developed economies, said in a note Monday.
Read more about the risk to international oil prices
5 hr 25 min ago
Eyewitnesses recount airstrike that destroyed a residential block in Gaza's Al-Maghazi refugee camp
From Mohammad Al-Sawalhi in Gaza, CNN’s Kareem Khadder and Zeena Saifi in Jerusalem and Avery Schmitz in Atlanta
A boy stands by rubble around a heavily damaged building at the Al-Maghazi refugee camp in Gaza, on April 15.
A boy stands by rubble around a heavily damaged building at the Al-Maghazi refugee camp in Gaza, on April 15. AFP/Getty Images
An entire block of residential buildings in central Gaza's Al-Maghazi refugee camp was destroyed following a strike around 2:00 a.m. local time on Monday, according to eyewitnesses and footage filmed for CNN.
Residents said some of them received a call from the Israeli military — warning them to evacuate only a few minutes before the airstrike hit.
Video of the aftermath shot by a CNN stringer shows the entire block destroyed with debris and rubble strewn along the ground. Pieces of furniture and people’s belongings can be seen underneath the buildings. Dozens of people, including men, women and children are seen sitting on sofas covered in dust, and others walking on top of the rubble, trying to retrieve whatever is left of their belongings.
One resident named Khalil Shishniyeh told CNN his neighbor banged on his door at 1:30 a.m. local time on Monday to tell him to evacuate because an Israeli airstrike was going to target his house. Eight displaced families were living in that building, he said.
Another young man said he evacuated his house in five minutes and didn't get very far before the house was struck.
“We didn’t take anything with us. My grandmother was on a wheelchair, I don’t know how we managed to get her out on the street," he said.
An elderly woman said she was sleeping with her children when her neighbor came "knocking on the door like a madman."
"He told us the Israeli forces said they were going to strike our house. We ran out like mad people, and we took nothing with us 
 if it had just been 10 minutes later, I swear our house would’ve fallen on top of us, and you’d have to remove us in body parts,” she said.
CNN has reached out to the Israel Defense Forces for comment.
5 hr 30 min ago
US official declines to say if Biden urged Netanyahu to exercise restraint after Iran strike
From CNN's Donald Judd
National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby speaks at the White House in Washington DC on April 15.
National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby speaks at the White House in Washington DC on April 15. Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images
A top US national security official on Monday wouldn’t say if President Joe Biden urged Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to exercise restraint in Israel’s response to Iran’s attack over the weekend.

“All I'll say is that the president, from the beginning of this conflict on October 7th, has been steadfast and consistent,” National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby said. “We don't want to see a war with Iran, we don't want to see a broader regional conflict, we will do what we have to do to defend Israel.”
CNN reported over the weekend that Biden urged Netanyahu in a call to consider Saturday a win because the US assessed Iran’s attacks had been largely unsuccessful and demonstrated Israel’s superior military capability, while also making clear that the United States will not participate in any offensive operations against Iran in response, according to a senior administration official.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

China - Off To Work? Chain Your Child To A Post / George Soros Paid Al-Gore Millions To Lie About Global Warming / Kyiv Totally Surrounded, All Escape Routes Have Blocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.