Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,397 members, 7,836,596 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

INTERVIEW: COVID-19 Showed Many Married Wrongly…. Experiencing Divorce One Of My - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / INTERVIEW: COVID-19 Showed Many Married Wrongly…. Experiencing Divorce One Of My (103 Views)

Jennifer Lopez & Ben Affleck Are ‘Headed For A Divorce,’ He ‘Already Moved Out' / Man Who Parked Wrongly Got This On His Car When He Returned (photos) / Naira Marley vows to help people wrongly accused out of jail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

INTERVIEW: COVID-19 Showed Many Married Wrongly…. Experiencing Divorce One Of My by Blessing28s: 6:41pm On Apr 16
Marriage is a beautiful thing, but what happens when things go south? What happens when friends become foes, when they have their backs against each other?

It becomes even more heart-wrenching when a public figure is involved. Having everybody’s nose in your ‘bad’ private business doesn’t do any good.

From Tonto to Rudeboy down to Funke Akindele and JJC Skillz, celebrities haven’t had it easy, let alone a gospel artist who had to deal with the divorce controversy—the rightness and wrongness of it.

In this interview with CRISPNG’s BLESSING CHUKWUNEKE, Nikki Laoye bares it all as she speaks on her divorce, sharing lessons and testimonies of a second chance at love with her friend Snatcha.

CrispNG: Was there a time when you wanted to quit music and how did you cope with the challenges?

Going through a divorce was one of the lowest seasons of my life; it made me think of quitting music.

Nobody ever wants to lose their marriage, but the truth is that my ex-husband, Alexander Oturu and I decided to go our separate ways amicably. However, it was a very sad season for me.

I asked questions like, “Why did this have to happen?” But the truth is that every dark season I’ve ever gone through has been another stepping stone. I feel like it’s been another launching point for me because, in that season, God gave me this new song as he always does in seasons like that. It’s called “Trust You,” which is one of my most recent singles that was released last year.

I remember when I had to start living alone, God gave me the song that says, “Through the fire, through the rain, through whatever, come what may, I’m going to trust you.” I told God, I got nobody else; I have to trust you because you’re the only one that can help me. You’re the only one that can keep me and bless me.

There were a lot of talks going on in the industry and the public eye. I asked God why I had to go through divorce, badmouthing, and ridicule, and He gave me that song to remind me to trust Him and know that all things are working for my good.

That is the thing about God: every season of your life, He is going to use it, both the good, bad, and ugly, and will turn it all around for your good. And that’s what God has done with every down season of my life. He’s been faithful; He’s been true, and above all, He’s just been an amazing father.

What lessons can you share from your marital experience?

We should learn to forgive ourselves because the truth is that a lot of us make decisions without properly thinking about it, especially when it comes to choosing a life partner.

Sometimes we’re not necessarily looking at the big picture of what marriage is supposed to be, who we’re supposed to be with, and all of that. My ex is an amazing person, but the truth is that we’re better off as friends than being married.

Read more: https://crispng.com/interview-covid-19-showed-many-married-wrongly-experiencing-divorce-one-of-my-lowest-moments-nikki-laoye/

(1) (Reply)

Young Dynamic Empire, About, CEO (blue Ghost), Artistes, More!!! / The First Time I Saw A Computer Was At A Tournament-tunde Onakoya / Odumeje’s Funny Video With Flavour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.