Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

No Going Back On Investigation Of Cadet Officer's Death In Hotel Pool -Abia Govt - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / No Going Back On Investigation Of Cadet Officer's Death In Hotel Pool -Abia Govt (116 Views)

Abel Isah, EFCC Cadet, Beaten To Death By Superior Officers / Abia Govt Seals Hotel Over Mysterious Death, Disappearance Of Customers / Emmanuel Aigbokhalode Balogun Drowns In Dome Hotel Pool (UNIABUJA Student) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

No Going Back On Investigation Of Cadet Officer's Death In Hotel Pool -Abia Govt by Metrix147: 7:49pm On Apr 16
Abia State Government has vowed to investigate the death of Emmanuel Onyeomereneche, an Abia-born Cadet Officer, who was found dead in the swimming pool of the Hotel Royal Damgrate, Umuahia recently.

Addressing the people of Okwuta-Ibeku in Umuahia North LGA who came to protest the death of the deceased who is their son, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Security Matters, Navy Commander Macdonald Uba (Rtd.) assured that investigations would be thoroughly carried out to unravel the cause of the death. He said, whoever that was found culpable would surely be brought to book.

Navy Commander Uba, who described the incident as unfortunate said he would bring the matter to the Governor while sympathizing with the immediate family and entire people of Okwuta -Ibeku over the death.

ABN TV had reported that an Air Force Cadet, Mr. Emmanuel Onyeomereneche had lost his life under controversial circumstances in the hotel. In response, his colleagues in the military launched an investigation, arresting the F&B manager of the hotel and others. In the course of investigation, he was tortured to death by the military.

The Special Adviser commended the protesters for not taking laws into their hands. He urged them to remain law-abiding, assuring that the outcome of the investigation would be made known to them.

"It is unfortunate that a cadet officer of the Nigeria Defence Academy was found dead in a swimming pool in Damgrate. We know how much it takes the federal government to train one cadet officer.

"We have listened to your complaints. We will take measures to brief His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Abia State on the matter. Whatever has happened has happened. We leave it to God but proper investigation will be carried out to ensure that if there were perpetrators of this act, it will be unraveled.

"This incident has caused other ripple effects thereafter. We will thoroughly investigate the matter, at the end of the day justice will be served. I know how you feel. I was once a cadet, and I know how it would have been for my village if something like this happened.

"I enjoin you to remain law abiding until we revert the outcome of the investigations, including the death of the manager of the hotel. We will investigate all these things and get back to you."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/no-going-back-on-investigation-of-cadet-officers-death-in-hotel-pool-abia-govt-vows/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Re: No Going Back On Investigation Of Cadet Officer's Death In Hotel Pool -Abia Govt by Thundafireseun: 8:02pm On Apr 16
Re: No Going Back On Investigation Of Cadet Officer's Death In Hotel Pool -Abia Govt by NewDea4: 8:19pm On Apr 16
Metrix147:
Abia State Government has vowed to investigate the death of Emmanuel Onyeomereneche, an Abia-born Cadet Officer, who was found dead in the swimming pool of the Hotel Royal Damgrate, Umuahia recently.

Addressing the people of Okwuta-Ibeku in Umuahia North LGA who came to protest the death of the deceased who is their son, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Security Matters, Navy Commander Macdonald Uba (Rtd.) assured that investigations would be thoroughly carried out to unravel the cause of the death. He said, whoever that was found culpable would surely be brought to book.

Navy Commander Uba, who described the incident as unfortunate said he would bring the matter to the Governor while sympathizing with the immediate family and entire people of Okwuta -Ibeku over the death.

ABN TV had reported that an Air Force Cadet, Mr. Emmanuel Onyeomereneche had lost his life under controversial circumstances in the hotel. In response, his colleagues in the military launched an investigation, arresting the F&B manager of the hotel and others. In the course of investigation, he was tortured to death by the military.

The Special Adviser commended the protesters for not taking laws into their hands. He urged them to remain law-abiding, assuring that the outcome of the investigation would be made known to them.

"It is unfortunate that a cadet officer of the Nigeria Defence Academy was found dead in a swimming pool in Damgrate. We know how much it takes the federal government to train one cadet officer.

"We have listened to your complaints. We will take measures to brief His Excellency, the Executive Governor of Abia State on the matter. Whatever has happened has happened. We leave it to God but proper investigation will be carried out to ensure that if there were perpetrators of this act, it will be unraveled.

"This incident has caused other ripple effects thereafter. We will thoroughly investigate the matter, at the end of the day justice will be served. I know how you feel. I was once a cadet, and I know how it would have been for my village if something like this happened.

"I enjoin you to remain law abiding until we revert the outcome of the investigations, including the death of the manager of the hotel. We will investigate all these things and get back to you."

Source: https://abntv.com.ng/news/no-going-back-on-investigation-of-cadet-officers-death-in-hotel-pool-abia-govt-vows/

Cc; lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun, OAM4J

Hope they are also investigating the hotel manager's death at the hands of Nigerian Army's torture squad

(1) (Reply)

Dss And Accusations Of Disobedience To Court- Peter N. Afunanya / Secure Your Homes With CCTV Cameras.. / Over 87 FCT Residents Killed, 176 Kidnapped Under Tinubu – Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.