Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,647 members, 7,813,174 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:12 AM

Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding (12043 Views)

Husband-wife Fight Diverts Bangkok-bound Lufthansa Flight To Delhi / Man Mourns Girlfriend Who Died In An Accident 11 Days After Arriving Nigeria / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by poiu44: 4:34am On Apr 17
Iñterèsting
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by CrossRhodes: 5:41am On Apr 17
eilas:
We should wake up each morning thanking God for our name environment in Nigeria
But we also have flooding yearly

1 Like

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by CrossRhodes: 5:42am On Apr 17
Max24:
If nah Nigeria now , some haters will start blaming Tinubu as if he is God of weather.
We blame their response to the issue...
Follow up on how Dubai leaders will respond to this issue to save lives.

That's the difference.

1 Like

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by CrossRhodes: 5:45am On Apr 17
Racoon:
shocked Ololo! This is crazy mehn! Hope lives are not lost sha? Meanwhile, Nigeria is so benevolently spared of these natural disasters by mother nature.
Give me earthquake and kill all evil politicians and lawmakers
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by virginchaser(m): 5:45am On Apr 17
nedu666:

You want to compare dubai to where exactly in Nigeria

God giving natural weather and artificially regulated weather ain't the same bro.
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by poiu44: 5:47am On Apr 17
P
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Max24: 5:51am On Apr 17
CrossRhodes:

We blame their response to the issue...
Follow up on how Dubai leaders will respond to this issue to save lives.

That's the difference.
I said haters. Are you one ?

3 Likes

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by virginchaser(m): 5:55am On Apr 17
nedu666:

You really don't get it. I have gone there several times with families and friends on holidays and i can confirm how beautiful, organised a place it is but nature at the moment is not smiling at them.
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by poiu44: 6:14am On Apr 17
H
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Pio44: 6:22am On Apr 17
flokii:

Nigeria is the sweetest place to live on earth.. no earthquakes, no volcanoes, no hurricanes, just usual dry and rainy season. It's something to be thankful for abeg.
I know one day Africa will unite and the continent will witness collective progress.
big lie, flooding is everywhere including the far north
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Jerryhare: 6:57am On Apr 17
Shey rain don dey fall for Dubai
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by shaybebaby(f): 7:03am On Apr 17
Climate change. Everywhere is experiencing more extreme weather events.

I worry for the planet our kids will inherit.
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by ebuka1511(m): 7:03am On Apr 17
Exousiang01:
The UAE really bleeped with nature.
You dont Bleep with nature.
From the Palm Island to BurjArab.
They have been fucking nature in the ass

You are right bro, cloud seeding gone wrong.

1 Like

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Tranquility2345: 7:12am On Apr 17
ryloy:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newshub.co.nz/home/travel/2024/04/dubai-international-airport-diverts-arriving-flights-due-to-storm-flooding.amp.html

So wetin go come happen to first class passengers like us wey limo suppose pick from door of the plane? 🤔

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Tranquility2345: 7:13am On Apr 17
poiu44:
H

See this hopeless space booker. Upon all, na page 2 you still enter. Yamayama fall on that your bald head there angry
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by blingxx(m): 7:14am On Apr 17
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by marlow1962(m): 7:36am On Apr 17
Max24:
If nah Nigeria now , some haters will start blaming Tinubu as if he is God of weather.
You're just being dumb bro, nobody is blame Lagos messiah for anything. Flooding is universal, wether developed or extremely underdeveloped countries, but the ability, effectiveness and time to curb those disaster is what really makes a country develop. Your almighty country still dy battle with potholes and 2hrs unstable electricity.
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by safetyInspector(m): 7:47am On Apr 17
You guys should get sense small. It was expected, they saw it coming. In Qatar they even shutdown Schools and Banks because of the rain yesterday. After yesterday's rain, it will not likely rain again until Oct/Nov of this year. Most of the middle East Countries do not invest in drainage system because it rains few days in a year. You can't compare them to Nigeria that have over 6months of raining season and yet refused to invest in adequate drainage system.
Max24:
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by safetyInspector(m): 7:51am On Apr 17
If you only know how many times it rains in UAE. The likes of UAE, Saudi, Qatar etc doesn't invest in drainage system that much because they do not have up to 10 days of rain in a year. In Nigeria we have every reason of investing in a good drainage system because it rains more than 100 days in a year.
virginchaser:
People that daily bad mouth their fatherland and praise countries that doesn't appreciate them. How thou are?

1 Like

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Max24: 7:59am On Apr 17
marlow1962:

You're just being dumb bro, nobody is blame Lagos messiah for anything. Flooding is universal, wether developed or extremely underdeveloped countries, but the ability, effectiveness and time to curb those disaster is what really makes a country develop. Your almighty country still dy battle with potholes and 2hrs unstable electricity.
I don't think you are current with the obidient movement. They believe Obi is the best thing after sliced bread. Anything Obi is perfect and anything Tinubu is deformed even when they see evidence to the contrary. Didn't you see them on this forum asking for coup in Nigeria after the Niger coup? Just because their kinsman lost election . I know why I said what I said.

2 Likes

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Tealcrestmedia(m): 8:10am On Apr 17
Climate wise, Nigeria is quite blessed. Though UAE keeps manipulating their weather with cloud seeding, hope that's not the cause of this?
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by farouk2much(m): 8:19am On Apr 17
Nigeria is the most useless country........ No... No..... We Nigerians have the most stupids.... Leaders on earth.....
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Offpoint1: 8:26am On Apr 17
eilas:
We should wake up each morning thanking God for our name environment in Nigeria
They're responsible for their woes, they cloud engineered their weather few weeks ago and that's the aftermath
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by Niccoloimhotep: 8:26am On Apr 17
flokii:

Nigeria is the sweetest place to live on earth.. no earthquakes, no volcanoes, no hurricanes, just usual dry and rainy season. It's something to be thankful for abeg.
I know one day Africa will unite and the continent will witness collective progress.
I guess you’ve never been to south Africa
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by spencekat(m): 8:26am On Apr 17
4KNGOATS:
Many sins being committed everyday within this city by so called foreign tourists. I think God is warning this nation to desist yet.
Story
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by sunnyprof: 8:30am On Apr 17
nedu666:

Just Thank God for Nigeria abeg!
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by eedhrisademola(m): 8:34am On Apr 17
Max24:

OSHEY, gOD OF WONDERS!

1 Like

Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by yewit37486: 8:54am On Apr 17
Max24:

I don't think you are current with the obidient movement. They believe Obi is the best thing after sliced bread. Anything Obi is perfect and anything Tinubu is deformed even when they see evidence to the contrary. Didn't you see them on this forum asking for coup in Nigeria after the Niger coup? Just because their kinsman lost election . I know why I said what I said.

Why are you derailing the thread?! This is about Dubai and weather, yet somehow you have turned this to political back and forth, haba. Let's try small na.
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by djseanjohn77: 9:18am On Apr 17
jmoore:
That's a record rainfall.

The clowns dropping ridiculous comments, UAE is better than Nigeria.

The rainfall in Nigeria doesn't have to break record before your roads gets flooded.

That thing called record rainfall is not up to 0.5% what falls in Nigeria. Since it is new to them, and they did not plan their cities around surviving or mitigating flood. Even Burj Khalifa does not have proper sewage system planned into it, sewage tanker has to remove sewage daily otherwise the whole place will be stinking and overflowing.
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by MICHEALADEX(m): 9:33am On Apr 17
flokii:

Haw about erosion and gully in anambra
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by BuyMeBanger: 9:34am On Apr 17
I bet it were only flights from Nigeria that were diverted wink, assuming there are direct flights to Dubai wink.
Re: Dubai International Airport Diverts Arriving Flights Due To Storm, flooding by kmaster007: 9:36am On Apr 17
If to say nah Nigeria this stuff hppn enemies of the country go down dey run there mouth now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bad Roads: North-East Governors To Float Commercial Airline / How To Send Money To Nigeria Using Monica.ng, A Guide. / RRS Rescues Drunk Man Hit By A Tanker In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.