Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Why Don't People Own Banks as a generalize business? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Don't People Own Banks as a generalize business? (97 Views)

CBN Sells Over $300m To Banks As Naira Gains / Oil Companies Resume Dollar Sales To Banks As CBN Eyes Supply / Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Don't People Own Banks as a generalize business? by Peter532: 8:44pm On Apr 16
I see people starting different companies or looking for different companies to invest on.
Like I have 2million, I have 10million.. looking for business to start and they be given suggestions.
But never have I see anyone wake up one morning to say he wants to open a bank.
Including millionaires
Because one can start a bank from his home and even from kiosk. Is it not to save people money and give it to them whenever they request for it and you take your 10naira or 20naira for every withdrawal.... it baffles me not to see people go through this route
I mean what's the thing to it?
Is there no money or profits?
Or is it created for some special individuals like tony elumelu ?
I need to know

Nlfpmod
Re: Why Don't People Own Banks as a generalize business? by matify83: 9:04pm On Apr 16
The capital base to start a bank is beyond what a single individual can cough out.

With the new CBN guidelines, you will require 50B naira to set up a regional bank and 200B Naira for a national bank and if going international ever cross your mind, then be prepared to shell out 500B naira.

Tell me who can cough out such idle amount to be warehoused with CBN before you go about the acquisition of properties and staffing?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't People Own Banks as a generalize business? by sholikay(m): 9:24pm On Apr 16
matify83:
The capital base to start a bank is beyond what a single individual can cough out.

With the new CBN guidelines, you will require 50B naira to set up a regional bank and 200B Naira for a national bank and if going international ever cross your mind, then be prepared to shell out 500B naira.

Tell me who can cough out such idle amount to be warehoused with CBN before you go about the acquisition of properties and staffing?
you answered rightly...the capital required for bank establishment is quite high....
If you want people to patronize your bank,you need to be under cbn regulations...CBN gives interest to every customers savings in bank,it's not the bank that credit you,it's CBN,while the bank takes their own percentage from whatever CBN gives as interest to your savings....that's why banks urges savings account,than current account... I stand to be corrected though..

(1) (Reply)

If You Want Free Money Do This... / Crafting Standout Cvs / Resumes to Capture the Attention of Potential Employers / Anambra CP Retires, Says I will Go Into Full-time Business To Challenge Dangote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.