Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. (183 Views)

Why Do JEHOVAH WITNESSES Hate Jesus So Much? / I Have Accepted Jesus", Pastor Ephraim Ononye Converts A Native Doctor To Chris / Jesus So Powerful, So Useless: The Name Above All Names On Useless List (2) (3) (4)

I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by mercygrey177(f): 10:13am On Apr 18
Ever pondered, “I’ve accepted Jesus, what’s next?” Do you wrestle with the pressure of getting everything right in your spiritual journey?

If so, you’re not alone. I’ve struggled with this too, hence why I’m writing this. I believe we all know what to do, but struggle to maintain consistency with it. If you find yourself stumbling in the race set before you by God, or if you’re uncertain about the next steps, then this is for you.

We often feel the weight of needing to navigate the Christian race flawlessly because our decision to follow Christ initiates a race with challenges and temptations. Thus, it’s crucial to understand what comes after accepting Jesus as our lord and savior and learn how to walk in the newfound freedom and closeness with Christ.

Recently, I stumbled upon a compelling conversion story on social media, and I was struck by the positive responses it gathered. However, while salvation narratives are important for inspiring others, the ultimate focus should be on genuine salvation. Many of us, myself included struggle in our spiritual growth, leading to a stagnation where even after being saved, we remain spiritual infants instead of striving to grow. Eph 4:14

We are familiar with the requirement to confess with our mouths that Jesus is lord, see Romans 10:9-10. But what follows after this confession? How do we achieve True Salvation?

Daily Bible Study:
God’s word illuminates our path, helping us discern between good and evil depending on how much of it we immerse ourselves in.

While daily bible study sounds so straightforward and simple, committing to it can be challenging. Now that we have recognized that we sometimes don’t commit to this because of social distraction, we can also fix it by setting up bible study goals. Simple goals that can grow with time. These goals can be 2 verses daily, reading in-depth these verses. Daily Bible study is as important as your daily requirement of food and water for your survival. The world is a cradle of falsehood, lies, deceit, and misconceptions. Yet in the midst of the falsehood, the truth is made available in the Bible. Feed the word of God to your soul.

Obedience to the word of God.
Your obedience to the word of God is the only evidence that identifies you with Christ Jesus that you are a proud follower of his. Obedience also verifies faith. Genuine faith leads to obedient actions.

Build a prayer life

Prayer is simply talking to your father in Heaven. He loves you and saved you and now he is eager to listen to your prayers. Therefore talk to God without hesitation. Philippians 4 vs 6 "Do not be anxious about anything..." gives us a clear understanding why prayer is important. The verse urges us to not fret over uncertain outcomes. To be anxious means to worried, nervous and unease. Through prayer, we embrace daily life of peace, hope, contentment, confidence, nurturing faith and trust in God. Prayer makes us, it's who you are.

Join a believing church
Vigilance is an evitable value in lookin for a church. selecting a fellowship center can be challenging due to the presence of deceptive ministries disguised as genuine ones. The bible revealed in Matthew 24 vs 24 "for false Messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive..." Be vigilant! Seek and join a Bible-and-Holy-Spirit believing church. Incase you are lost as to which one to choose, pray asking God for help and guidance

Share the Good news...
Share the Good news of Christ to others. Don't be selfish, you can't enjoy this life of peace alone , invite others to come to the light too and enjoy the benefit of his grace.

Finally, the growing never stops, there's no end to knowing God, just as there's no end to acquiring knowledge. There's a depth of knowing God that goes far beyond just getting saved, we need to go deeper, the more we go deeper, the more he reveals himself to us. That way the hunger for God is sustained.

Check out my blog for more...
https://blog-by-nehita..com/2023/08/consequences-of-fear-story-time.html
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:29am On Apr 18
It's impossible to accept what you haven't heard in it's full details so someone telling you he has accepted Jesus without knowing what Jesus taught is deluded not converted! undecided

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by mercygrey177(f): 10:47am On Apr 18
MaxInDHouse:
It's impossible to accept what you haven't heard in it's full details so someone telling you he has accepted Jesus without knowing what Jesus taught is deluded not converted! undecided

Read the whole thing sir
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:54am On Apr 18
mercygrey177:

Read the whole thing sir

No logical reasoning saying you accept Jesus it's his teachings you must accept not just his name!
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by mercygrey177(f): 12:20pm On Apr 18
so your issue is with the title?
MaxInDHouse:

No logical reasoning saying you accept Jesus it's his teachings you must accept not just his name!
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:20pm On Apr 18
mercygrey177:
YES!
The first century disciples didn't tell people to accept Jesus it's only Jews who knew God's purpose but doesn't understand what Jesus is going to fulfill in God's purpose as the Christ that Peter explained they have to accept Jesus based on the fact that he has fulfilled what the scriptures foretold right there in their midst about the Christ but walking up to someone who doesn't even know anything about God's purpose for the earth then telling him to accept Jesus is baseless!
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by mercygrey177(f): 3:36pm On Apr 18
MaxInDHouse:

YES!
The first century disciples didn't tell people to accept Jesus it's only Jews who knew God's purpose but doesn't understand what Jesus is going to fulfill in God's purpose as the Christ that Peter explained they have to accept Jesus based on the fact that he has fulfilled what the scriptures foretold right there in their midst about the Christ but walking up to someone who doesn't even know anything about God's purpose for the earth then telling him to accept Jesus is baseless!

My context there is Accepting Jesus as your lord and savoir. My dear going up to people and telling them to accept Jesus is valid, cause Jesus is the only way. u should read john 1 the (Goodnews trnaslation) u will understand

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by Kobojunkie: 3:45pm On Apr 18
mercygrey177:
■ My context there is Accepting Jesus as your lord and savoir. My dear going up to people and telling them to accept Jesus is valid, cause Jesus is the only way. u should read john 1 the (Goodnews trnaslation) u will understand
It took the disciples approximately 3 years to "accept" Jesus Christ even then Judas was lost along the way. So, what does walking up to a person and telling them to " accept" Jesus means when you truly consider the original set apart from the religious gobbledegook of today? undecided

*** Before you come back talking of how daily bible study and all those churchian rituals are it, be sure to recall that absolutely none of what you practice today connect back to Jesus Christ and His teachings and commandments.
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:02pm On Apr 18
mercygrey177:

My context there is Accepting Jesus as your lord and savoir. My dear going up to people and telling them to accept Jesus is valid, cause Jesus is the only way. u should read john 1 the (Goodnews trnaslation) u will understand
First of all your audience need to know who is Jesus, not through your stories of supernatural events but what this man taught his contemporaries which makes him the world's most wonderful counselor of all time {Isaiah 9:6} it's when your listener finds pleasure and joy in the TEACHINGS of Jesus that he or she will now ask you what he or she needs to do next {Act 2:37} then is the right time to say:
Accept this teacher (Jesus) as your owner/repurchaser/master/king/Lord so that henceforth you will live your life in harmony with his teachings as one of his disciples!
With that your audience will know that failure to live his life in harmony with the teaching of the one he or she professed as lord is mockery! Matthew 15:8-9
Today billions out there has been misinformed with this approach of accept Jesus when they don't even know what it really means!
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by Emusan(m): 4:23pm On Apr 18
mercygrey177:

You're on point.

The most important thing is to go and preach the Gospel and you can start with any conversations and everyone must accept Jesus Christ and their Lord and Saviour like the Apostles do and teach.

Those who don't accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Saviour are the ones who will find problem with your point.

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by achorladey: 5:47pm On Apr 18
MaxInDHouse:

Since your mental instability peddling brains don't know what is in the name of Jesus and knowing what it means grin grin grin grin.

It's impossible to accept what you haven't heard in it's full details

Madness and insanities peddling as usual. 1+ 1 = 2 that's addition under basic operation in mathematics. It is not until I get to teach you word problems on addition before you accept what addition means under basic operation in mathematics. Lying and manipulating brains as usual grin grin grin grin

so someone telling you he has accepted Jesus without knowing what Jesus taught is deluded not converted

See how you manipulate her words.... accept Jesus without knowing. Where in the main account of her post did you see that madness and insanities peddling of yours?

mercygrey177 stated.....

Ever pondered, “I’ve accepted Jesus, what’s next?” Do you wrestle with the pressure of getting everything right in your spiritual journey?

You should know what she meant here but you must manipulate her words to suit your madness and insanities peddling agenda. You don't accept 1+1 =2 without someone first letting you know about it. Chai. 1+ 1 = 2 won't jump into your head and you accept like that grin grin grin

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by achorladey: 5:57pm On Apr 18
MaxInDHouse:

Your religious organization stated....

If you want someone to get to know you, what might you do? Would you not tell the person your name? Does God have a name?

Your madness and insanities peddling brains can see where it is stated that first is to know the name. grin grin grin grin

Manipulators and liars will do your thing as usual.

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by achorladey: 6:00pm On Apr 18
mercygrey177:

He wants to manipulate and lie about your words in order to deceive people that he is associated with a Christian denominations which is the best among all others grin grin grin grin

That's the same person that will tell you that you being a Christian means you choose a name that is cursed and BASTARDISED by Jehovah and your life is in peril and you need to think twice being called a Christian grin grin grin

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:38pm On Apr 18
When true believers are talking about the deeper things sometimes it's better to humbly learn otherwise you won't know the reason why most people claiming they believe the teacher finds it extremely difficult to do what the teacher commanded his disciples! Matthew 28:19-20 smiley
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by achorladey: 8:52pm On Apr 18
MaxInDHouse:
When true believers are talking about the deeper things sometimes it's better to humbly learn otherwise you won't know the reason why most people claiming they believe the teacher finds it extremely difficult to do what the teacher commanded his disciples! Matthew 28:19-20 smiley

Your cover of mental instability peddling blown open grin grin grin

When true believers are talking about the deeper things

Go and discuss it with your fellow members who stole Christian like thieves and later abandoned it and accept another name as Jehovah’s witnesses grin grin

sometimes it's better to humbly learn otherwise

That your mock humility peddling that you have. grin grin

you won't know the reason why most people claiming they believe the teacher finds it extremely difficult to do what the teacher commanded his disciples

Because doing what the teacher commands has to do with.......

Neutral to politics

Neutral to war

Both are not scriptural grin grin grin grin

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by mercygrey177(f): 9:45am On Apr 19
achorladey:

He wants to manipulate and lie about your words in order to deceive people that he is associated with a Christian denominations which is the best among all others grin grin grin grin

That's the same person that will tell you that you being a Christian means you choose a name that is cursed and BASTARDISED by Jehovah and your life is in peril and you need to think twice being called a Christian grin grin grin

Thank you. I see what's he's trying to do. because from what I have gathered I don't think he knows or believes in Jesus cause if he does, he would understand the context of my post

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:10am On Apr 19
mercygrey177:

Thank you. I see what's he's trying to do. because from what I have gathered I don't think he knows or believes in Jesus cause if he does, he would understand the context of my post

And he believes right? smiley
Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by achorladey: 10:31am On Apr 19
MaxInDHouse:

And he believes right? smiley

Your lies and manipulations no work na question to seek consolation for your mental instability peddlings.

When two or three are gathered in my name still dey give your madness and insanities peddling brains worry.

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by Emusan(m): 10:34am On Apr 19
achorladey:

@color part - from the horse mouth "Whoever thinks he belongs to Christ under the old group name (Christian which is CURSED AND BASTARDISED) should think twice"

What he's basically saying is that, once you claim to be a Christian or have any association with the name Christian then YOU DON'T BELONG TO JESUS CHRIST.

But guess who is going backyard trying to claim THEY ARE THE TRUE CHRISTIAN cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by achorladey: 10:45am On Apr 19
Emusan:

@color part - from the horse mouth "Whoever thinks he belongs to Christ under the old group name (Christian which is CURSED AND BASTARDISED) should think twice"

What he basically saying is that, once you claim to be a Christian or have any association with the name Christian then YOU DON'T BELONG TO JESUS CHRIST.

But guess who is going backyard trying to claim THEY ARE THE TRUE CHRISTIAN cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

na to look at us and say we are not mentally stable. Here he is trying to lie and manipulate the topic to suit his others claim to be christian. Looool! Others always claim claim claim. They are never christians in his mental instability peddling brains.

Re: I've Accepted Jesus, So What's Next. by Iamanoited: 5:21pm On Apr 19
Start Hoping for SUCCESSES IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVORS IJN.

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/07/18 / Starting Today On Fresh 105.9 Fm / Become Excellent By Adding More Value To Your Life

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69