Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:05 PM

Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? (196 Views)

Why Did Pastor Isaac Oyedepo Lose So Much Weight? / Bishop Isaac Idahosa's Car Garage In Pictures / Convoy Of Pastor Isaac Idahosa: Daddy Freeze, Others React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:00am On Apr 18
The context of how Isaac and Rebecca met is found at Genesis 24. The Bible did not specifically mention her age. It generally does not mention women age when they get married but some people say she was 3 year old or so when she married Isaac, is that credible? Consider this

1. Women went to draw water at a certain hour. Women.

2. Abraham servant, Eliezer, had the camels kneel down near the well outside the town; it was toward evening, the time the women go out to draw water (v. 11). Not children. Women. Flesh and blood women.
If she was 3 which she wasn’t, how many 3 year olds carry a heavy clay jar full of water on their shoulder for their flocks up and down to a creek bed?

Gen 24:15 Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder…She went down to the spring, filled her jar and came up again.

A 3 year old child is not going to be able to do this. Not even once.
How many 3 year olds draw water for an entire flock of camels ?

19 After she had given him a drink, she said, “I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.” 20 So she quickly emptied her jar into the trough, ran back to the well to draw more water, and drew enough for all his camels.

Google and you will find that camels can drink around 53 gallons of water in a single refill. There were 10 camels. Can a 3 year old draw 530+ gallons of water (2000 liters) A 3 year old? That is ludicrous.
How many 3 year olds have the mental and vocabulary capacity to see a need, serve and articulate the following?

24 She answered him, “I am the daughter of Bethuel, the son that Milkah bore to Nahor.” 25 And she added, “We have plenty of straw and fodder, as well as room for you to spend the night.”

No 3 year old is going to see the need, articulate that need, take action, put a heavy jar of water on her head or shoulder and carry 2000 liters of water. This is not the speech or actions of a 3 year old.
This kind of stuff isn’t in the Bible, isn’t even logical and is total nonsensical.

We need to know what the Bible says and know the truth when these things are addressed. People quote verses and think it’s a done deal but it isn’t. Read the Bible and see for yourself the truth. And with this issue, if someone ever tells you this argument, just ask how a 3 year old could carry a jar of water on her shoulder and give them enough water to take care of ten camels.

https://gracedfollower.com/how-old-was-rebecca-when-married/
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by StillDtruth: 11:12am On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:
The context of how Isaac and Rebecca met is found at Genesis 24. The Bible did not specifically mention her age. It generally does not mention women age when they get married but some people say she was 3 year old or so when she married Isaac, is that credible? Consider thi

Which some people? Satan dey use you ooo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:16am On Apr 18
StillDtruth:
Which some people? Satan dey use you

Stop chasing me about like say I steal ur sweets
Why not check the forum under religion before you argue blindly cos you were simply asked to drop a reference to something you claim which you couldn't
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by StillDtruth: 11:39am On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:

Stop chasing me about like say I steal ur sweets
Why not check the forum under religion before you argue blindly cos you were simply asked to drop a reference to something you claim which you couldn't

Is it muslims that you call some people? Is it not known that they are mad people.and they talk rubbish a lot of times?

This post just proves that you listen to mad people
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:54am On Apr 18
StillDtruth:

Is it muslims that you call some people? Is it not known that they are mad people.and they talk rubbish a lot of times?

This post just proves that you listen to mad people

Muslims are not mad people
You know where to find mad people
Can you confront a mad person?
Yet, it's sane person you call mad
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Wakolord(m): 12:50pm On Apr 18
since you said they was an argument on this which I have never heard, it's good that you had drop this on the archives of the internet, any day any time this my serve as enlightenment to some who may seek it.
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:24pm On Apr 18
Wakolord:
since you said they was an argument on this which I have never heard, it's good that you had drop this on the archives of the internet, any day any time this my serve as enlightenment to some who may seek it.

Well then
Check the forums
Or Google Rebecca age and see what comes out
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by StillDtruth: 2:38pm On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:

Muslims are not mad people
You know where to find mad people
Can you confront a mad person?
Yet, it's sane person you call mad

Muslims are mad people, that is why non muslims do not easily converse with them off line. But i know that you jws market anybody incuding mad people to open an account with you people.
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:46pm On Apr 18
StillDtruth:

Muslims are mad people, that is why non muslims do not easily converse with them off line. But i know that you jws market anybody incuding mad people to open an account with you people.

Why not approach a Muslim and call him mad cos he's a Muslim
You're just chasing clout and seeking relevance
I only dropped a thread to post something
You have nothing to post
It's better you just read comments
You can learn how to type proper English
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by StillDtruth: 2:57pm On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:

Why not approach a Muslim and call him mad cos he's a Muslim
You're just chasing clout and seeking relevance
I only dropped a thread to post something
You have nothing to post
It's better you just read comments
You can learn how to type proper English

Do people approach a mad man and tell him he is mad? No. We just waka pass and ignore his mad talks.
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Aemmyjah(m): 2:58pm On Apr 18
StillDtruth:

Do people approach a mad man and tell him he is mad? No. We just waka pass and ignore his mad talks.

Same people you associate and do business with
Do you associate or do business with mad people?
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Wakolord(m): 3:17pm On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:

Well then Check the forums Or Google Rebecca age and see what comes out

Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by StillDtruth: 3:21pm On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:

Same people you associate and do business with
Do you associate or do business with mad people?

Do you not see that even those dirty naked and bushy madmen in the streets and market comport themselves so that they do business with people eg buying food or getting favours?

Its called lucid moments!

And everyone removes themselves from them when they start their madness.
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by StillDtruth: 3:24pm On Apr 18
Wakolord:
rebbeccas age was 14

Ok. So we now have 3 and now its 14

Where and how did they arrive at 14?

Aemmyjah, have you seen the madness you have encouraged?
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18
StillDtruth:

Ok. So we now have 3 and now its 14

Where and how did they arrive at 14?

Aemmyjah, have you seen the madness you have encouraged?

Since our first conversation
I've seen you're very unreasonable and full of hate and can't think for yourself but depend on hearsays
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by StillDtruth: 3:39pm On Apr 18
Aemmyjah:

Since our first conversation
I've seen you're very unreasonable and full of hate and can't think for yourself but depend on hearsays

See deflection with the use of off point argument and lie.

The thread clearly shows i reasonably warned.you that this was bad and you were trying to defend it.

And now, what i warmed about has begun to happen and now you have started lying that i was unreasonable and using hearsay, whereas, i even used you to proof the Truth of my stand. And now you have started to lie, does that not prove that you jws are children of Satan, deflecting when cornered exactly like atheists?
Re: Was Rebecca 3 Years Old When She Married Isaac? by Aemmyjah(m): 7:34pm On Apr 18
StillDtruth:

See deflection with the use of off point argument and lie.

The thread clearly shows i reasonably warned.you that this was bad and you were trying to defend it.

And now, what i warmed about has begun to happen and now you have started lying that i was unreasonable and using hearsay, whereas, i even used you to proof the Truth of my stand. And now you have started to lie, does that not prove that you jws are children of Satan, deflecting when cornered exactly like atheists?

Muslims are mad people
Jws are children of Satan

People like you should not be where normal people are
I'm done with you
Enjoy the rest of the month

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Seventh Day / Andrew Wommack’s Devotional For Dec 1, 2017 : Topic - Pilate Violates The Truth / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.