Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,453 members, 7,836,804 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback (162 Views)

Barcelona Star, Lionel Messi Overtakes Romario In Global Goalscoring Charts / Cristiano Ronaldo Ranks Third Highest Goalscorers In Football History As Romario / Jesus Needs To Have Plenty Sex To Win World Cup – Brazil Legend, Romario (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback by ManirBK: 2:06pm On Apr 18
Brazil legend Romario, 58, has registered himself as a player for America Football Club in Rio de Janeiro, where he also serves as club president. After his registration was approved on Tuesday, the 1994 World Cup winner is available to play for the club in the second division of the Carioca Championship – the state league of Rio de Janeiro – which begins on May 18. Rio de Janeiro’s football federation confirmed Romario’s registration as a player, adding that he will receive a minimum wage, which will be donated to the club. Romario was unclear over when he intends to play for the club. He said he will not feature in any league games, but insisted he wants to play alongside his son, recent America FC signing Romarinho, who is a striker. He addressed the clubs fans in a post on Instagram, saying: “I’m not going to compete in the championship, but rather play a few games for the team of my heart and make another dream come true, playing alongside my son. What do you think?” Romario played his last official game in November 2009 when he featured for America FC, the beloved club of his father, Edevair. He has served as president of America FC since 2009. Five years later, he was elected senator for Rio de Janeiro. A Vasco da Gama youth product, Romario starred for PSV Eindhoven and Barcelona among other clubs..
https://leadership.ng/brazils-legend-romario-plans-surprise-comeback/
mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala seun nlfpmod honeric01 semid4lyfe mukina2
Re: Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback by ManirBK: 2:07pm On Apr 18
Chineke God o!!!
Re: Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback by brain54(m): 2:13pm On Apr 18
Romario 58...

Tyson 58... What's wrong with all these 58 year olds and making a comeback recently? grin

Anyway if he passes a fitness test he should go ahead.

It's all about the passion and the love for the game!
Re: Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback by thesicilian: 2:35pm On Apr 18
brain54:
Romario 58...

Tyson 58... What's wrong with all these 58 year olds and making a comeback recently? grin

Anyway if he passes a fitness test he should go ahead.

It's all about the passion and the love for the game!
Passion ke?
I'm very sure they are broke or near bankruptcy.
Let them come back and embarrass themselves and their legacies
Re: Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback by brain54(m): 2:43pm On Apr 18
thesicilian:

Passion ke?
I'm very sure they are broke or near bankruptcy.
Let them come back and embarrass themselves and their legacies
Romario is the club president...

Also he is going to be donating his pay (minimum wage) to the club. So I don't think he is doing it for the money. His son also plays for the club so he wants an opportunity to play along side his son. And probably promote the club in the process.

Also Tyson is nowhere around what he made financially from boxing. But he is definitely not broke.

These guys have crested their names and legacy in the anals of history and time... No matter how it pans out their legacy will remain intact!
Re: Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback by thesicilian: 4:23pm On Apr 18
brain54:

Romario is the club president...

Also he is going to be donating his pay (minimum wage) to the club. So I don't think he is doing it for the money. His son also plays for the club so he wants an opportunity to play along side his son. And probably promote the club in the process.

Also Tyson is nowhere around what he made financially from boxing. But he is definitely not broke.

These guys have crested their names and legacy in the anals of history and time... No matter how it pans out their legacy will remain intact!
Then I stand corrected.
Re: Brazil’s Legend Romario 58, Plans Surprise Comeback by GanagiBitrus: 5:08pm On Apr 18
May hand no dey o. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Messi Surpasses Cristiano Ronaldo For Scoring Most Non-penalty Goals In History / . / Nigerian Govt Withdraws $8.4M, N4B Corruption Charges Against Pinnick, Other NFF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.