Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? (3470 Views)

What Is Wrong With The Nigerian Youth? / Buhari Attending UN Assembly With Nigeria’s Slimmest Delegation In Decades. / Can Nigerian Legion Members Carry Guns? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by guonno: 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2011
What should the Nigerian youth do to help the rapid development of Nigeria? The changes in the arab nations today is as a result of the commitment of the arab youth. The youth comprise 60% of the nigerian population, yet they are most affected.
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by Gboliwe: 1:39am On Nov 19, 2011
Me sha need ideas too
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Nov 19, 2011
I would rather the youths turn in their voting cards . . . . cause I believe they are a big part of the reason why we have what we have today. Majority of them campaigned for what we have today, and probably helped rig this into power.
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by xtianh(m): 9:30am On Nov 19, 2011
@op you said 'in Arab the Arab youth doing thngs with one voice'' but here in Nigeria we hv Yoruba youths, Hausa youths nd Igbo youths.,we are so divided thts why our leaders never seems to pay attention to the youths, rather they use us as thugs during election
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by efisher(m): 12:11pm On Nov 19, 2011
That's a very strong point you made there xtianh.

@ Topic, we need to put on our thinking caps and do something constructive with our lives. This is what I'm doing right now and its a lot of hardwork. We can create employment opportunities in our own little ways. We don't need to wait for the government. Going back to our farms could be a good starting point.
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by zebudaya(m): 6:35pm On Nov 19, 2011
We can start more businesses. It is not easy especially with people telling you to go get your Masters/PHD and work for someone else bla bla bla

We need social entrepreneurs

We need our smart Electrical engineers to figure out how to tackle our power crisis. We have abundant sunshine and yet solar power is not widespread.

There's this widespread and deep desire to loot money, to be corrupt. We need to eradicate that somehow.
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 19, 2011
Somewhat similar question that was asked an elder stateman, Engr. vincent Maduka during a breakfast meeting with him today.

Nigeria has come along way!

Methinks, we can move forward when we put segregation and racism aside, it doesn't matter weather you are from North, South or East. Young people must learn to take the bull by the horn wherever we find ourselves. Stand for the truth, honesty and uprightness in our school, workplace, home etc. For righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to ANY people.

And, before you know it there shall be a gradual replacement of bad eggs with good ones.

When Engr. Maduka opined youths should join the Police force, at first i wanted to laugh at the suggestion, but it's true. . . Cos how would you effectively correct a system you aren't part of? etc maybe, we should let our immediate thoughts and action be guarded by our dream for a better Nigeria.
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 19, 2011
Patriotism
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by benkuzzy(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2011
if the time invested into watching & analysing premier league & the rest is channeld in2 developmnt, nigeria wuld a be better place to be
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by horny4u(f): 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2011
The only problem NIG has is tribalism put there by corrupt but intelligent politician of cos divided we fall united we stand.
If we eradicate tribal wars and replace with love and support for eachother, we will have light , water, security with 5 years, we will achieve so much.
I am not sure Fashola is a Lagosian but i see and use the road and BRT etc so i am not concerned about his hometown but what he delivers, Lots of good leaders in NIG but na to get there, but the time has come, change is here.
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by PHIPEX(m): 10:15pm On Nov 19, 2011
"It begins with you" I love that advert.

Imagine a Nigeria where all of us will be proud of - It begins with you
Imagine a country where the youths are more interested in making thenselves a better people than expecting an Angelic president (though not bad shaa)- it begins with you
Imagine a country that is more interested in what Unite them than seeking for the fastest means to break apart - It begins with you
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by AjanleKoko: 10:54pm On Nov 19, 2011
The youths should do a Tahrir square, and occupy all the state capitals and Abuja.
We don't need a Wael Ghonim, we have more than enough access to social media. And there are lots of opposition that will join. ACN, CPC, and the likes.
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by Horus(m): 10:58pm On Nov 19, 2011
Nigeria need new young leaders in all fields of life. "Only a new seed will yield a new crop".
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by SSaemoenl(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2011
Nigerian YOUTHS Sucks. We are COMFORTABLE with the ill system. No one want to fight back.
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 12:01am On Nov 20, 2011
Horus:

Nigeria need new young leaders in all fields of life. "Only a new seed will yield a new crop".
like me. I will lead this nation to paradise
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by http(m): 8:51am On Nov 20, 2011
Send monies from abroad, since we cannot live in naija peacefully as a citizen, afterall, the monies from abroad hold the economy if there is any economy in Nigeria,
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by ibelab(m): 9:12am On Nov 20, 2011
There ain't anything the youth can do, untill una government start to pay little bit attention on technical schools at least to balance the equation, cos i think we hv very low skilled worker.   it seems like in nigeria, every tom& jerry wanna be  a gratuate  with b sc writing big big grammer 4 nl cheesy , whereby the future lies with cnc machines, manufactureing, production all depends on cnc machines,,  A country without enough technical school should forget about  development,  u can ask de chiness or germans grin grin
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by mikolo80: 11:13am On Nov 20, 2011
form cooperatives and start farming or small scale manufacturing biz then expand gradually and watch our economy take off rapidly even the chinese go begin de think how to sabotage us
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by mikolo80: 11:17am On Nov 20, 2011
also graduates and diaspora shud join political parties and overwhelm the old guard with our numbers and fresh ideas
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by guonno: 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2011
The major problem we have is tribal sentiment, u often see our youths praise our corrupt politicians. I felt dirty when a youth posted a thread saying; ibori n tinubu(two thieves) who is smarter. If i tell u the amount of money ibori looted from delta state alone, u will be sober. Nigeria is a dump ground for car, phone, clothe, shoe, infact everything in nigeria is imported. The cabal we have all talked about are been used by the werstern world to keep Nigeria down. Y can we not protest against the importatiin of our own oil, y is it not the youth that brought about the change in the aviation sector that has been depleting our fund in the favour of Europeans, y have we not protested about general hospitals which is a death trap for most youth, y hve we not protested against our dilapidated education, y have we not said a word about our death trap roads, y have we not protested against the ill treatment from mtn, glo, etisalat, n etc, y have we not done anyting about not being able to acces the internet for free, y hve we not protested against hardship( i bought 4 seeds of tomatoes at N200- thats realy bad because the rice remained white). There are lots of protests to be embarked on, but the question is are we willing to bring about change that would make the future genration proud of us. If u have ever been to the embassy then u will understand what i mean when i say nigerians means nothing to the white man. All hands should be on deck. Student associations should start doing something, also christian association, muslim associations, bgoko haram(peacefull protest), youth NGO, etc. If u dont belong to any body then u better join one because that is the only way we can be effective, we should work in small groups, i had to join a group in my town, awareness is gradually growing. Waiting for a better presido will not work because all men think alike, it depends on us. Let me tell us somthing we dont know, no liberty comes easy, if u want to be free u have to fight for ur freedom. We ve got to do somthing now!
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by ibelab(m): 9:43pm On Nov 20, 2011
^^^^ u are genius to me, just keep the flag flying higher brother, let them keep on blaming de president for everything, can't even move their fetty arsch and do something about the matter at hand, our president can't do much,he still got alot of oppsition, those who doesn't wanna see a better nigeria. i wanna ask, wat de hell is FOI bill 4?, freedom of information bill. i thought it already been signed into law, sooo wtf is our youths waiting 4, complaining is now order of day on nl, no solutions,
Re: How Can Nigerian Youth Help With Nigeria Rapid Development? by BukiBuki(f): 5:58pm On Nov 28, 2011
I was talking with a few of my Nigerian friends and I quickly realized that there are 3 types of people in the nation:
1. Those who seek selfish gain through corrupt actions
2. Those who seek the good of their compatriots with earnest & good actions
3. Those who sit in the middle and say, "Nothing will ever change."

The 3rd type is the most dangerous sect in our country. Which one are you? The solution begins with answering that question. Until we personally decide to be the 2nd type of person, Nigeria will stay stagnant like the minds of the 3rd type of people. We are more than the corrupt sect.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Okotie's & Bode George's Wife Romance Made Me Quit – Revealed / Anambra Gets UK Order For Scent Leaf Export / The Interpretation Of The Laws Of Nigeria Supports Buhari. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.