Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Shocking Day: Missed Interviews, Terrible Day Of My Life. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Shocking Day: Missed Interviews, Terrible Day Of My Life. (132 Views)

Lady Sacked On Her First Day Of Work After Asking Her Boss This / Costly mistakes i Discovered In 250 CVs:Why They Were Not Invited 4 Interviews / Why I Was Invited For Eight (8) Interviews In Eight (8) Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shocking Day: Missed Interviews, Terrible Day Of My Life. by paranoidfellow: 4:37pm On Apr 20
Today happens to be a terrible day in my life. I am inclined to share, instead of bottling it up. Come to think of it, I was all joyous and was feeling like the luckiest man alive yesterday. I secured two job interviews: one for a sales associate and the other for a 100% remote job that pays $300 a month. Everything seemed to be going well.

Fast forward to today...

I currently work as a field officer for a small company. My work duties involve going to agent locations to drive sales, and I make use of GPS video location to show the company that I truly make my visitations. Working on Saturday, I rushed back home for the interview I believed was scheduled for 10 am. After setting things up at exactly 9:50 am to join the Google Meet, I made the greatest mistake of assumption. The interview was scheduled for 9:40 am, and I missed it. No one would accept my invitation.

I rushed back to my current work to visit my route plan for the day. The first agent I visited was not around. Upon making the video of the agent location using the GPS Video camera, two thugs noticed me and accosted me aggressively. They became physical with me and wouldn't listen to any of my appeals that I was only doing my job. They demanded why I was videotaping them, collected my phone forcefully, and upon seeing the GPS video camera app, they became more aggressive and hit me with a stone on my head. I was bleeding a lot, which made them leave me alone. I was rushed to a clinic where my head wound was stitched up. I called the management, and they responded promptly. They paid for my hospital bills.

The second interview was scheduled for 2:30 pm. I already made through the assessment so I'm confident about my chances. I needed to be home, and I got home from the clinic way ahead of time. Since it's a remote job, the hr requested I could only join with a webcam through my laptop or desktop. I had everything set up since 2:00 pm. Three minutes to 2:30 pm, I joined with the link again, and my laptop webcam wouldn't open again. I decided to restart my laptop. I rejoined exactly back at 2:33 pm, and as usual, no one was available anymore to accept my request to join.

It's really a sad day. I have cried my eyes out. I thought I had eventually gotten a well-deserved break from things being hard for me yesterday, only to find out today I'm still stuck in hardshipwith no hope in sight.

I'm in physical pain and also in emotional pain. It's not easy, honestly, and what hurts more is that I have no control. Just powerless. Why am I sharing this? I feel alone.

Things are not well.
Re: Shocking Day: Missed Interviews, Terrible Day Of My Life. by Stephen0mozzy: 5:25pm On Apr 20
Just take it easy man, some times things just line up in ways that are beyond our control and unpleasant things happen, other times, great things happen.

.....you got noticed and earned the two interviews, things will fall in place again and you'll get more opportunities.

Till then, chin up, cheer up, and move.
Re: Shocking Day: Missed Interviews, Terrible Day Of My Life. by Herkim(m): 8:31am On Apr 21
Bros kindly take heart it's part of life experience.

You are not alone in this kind of scenario, I also missed an interview last week due to faulty phone . You could imagine interview mail was sent to me less than 12hrs to the interview.

I believe God Almighty is in control of our destiny

(1) (Reply)

Moon's Glow Is Open For Business: Get Your Skin Glowing Again / Training Training Training!!! / External Events Threatening Your Source Of Income? Adopt These 3 Approaches Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.