Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Allah Is Great - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Allah Is Great (819 Views)

Go Easy On Yourself (may Allah Have Mercy On You) / Yes Allah Is Exposing Them One After The Other Because...Allah Is Great / The Story Of Prophet Musa And Khidr : Indeed Allah Is All Knowing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Allah Is Great by aloyemeka4: 1:06am On Nov 19, 2011
Great news for our Allah has mandated his disciples to shut them Christians down. "fight and slay the unbelievers wherever you find them?" (Surah 9:5).

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-806776.0.html#msg9587955
Re: Allah Is Great by Sweetnecta: 1:30am On Nov 19, 2011
^The Christians were the people living in Makka in the time of the prophet [as].
This was what Aloy@emeka said in his op.

oka re. Kaka ko son lara iya aaje e, gbogbo omo ni iwo fi nbi . . . .
Re: Allah Is Great by LagosShia: 2:41am On Nov 19, 2011
[size=18pt]Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"? [/size]
By Huda, About.com Guide

Question: Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an that condone "killing the infidel"?
Answer: The Qur'an commands Muslims to stick up for themselves in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an enemy army attacks, then Muslims are to fight against that army until they stop their aggression. All of the verses that speak about fighting/war in the Qur'an are in this context.
There are some specific verses that are very often "snipped" out of context, either by critics of Islam discussing "jihadism," or by misguided Muslims themselves who wish to justify their aggressive tactics.

"Slay Them" - If They Attack You First
For example, one verse (in its snipped version) reads: "slay them wherever you catch them" (Qur'an 2:191). But who is this referring to? Who are "they" that this verse discusses? The preceding and following verses give the correct context:
"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors. And slay them wherever you catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter, But if they cease, God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression" (2:190-193).
It is clear from the context that these verses are discussing a defensive war, when a Muslim community is attacked without reason, oppressed and prevented from practicing their faith. In these circumstances, permission is given to fight back -- but even then Muslims are instructed not to transgress limits, and to cease fighting as soon as the attacker gives up. Even in these circumstances, Muslim are only to fight directly against those who are attacking them, not innocent bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They Break Treaties
A similar verse can be found in chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its snipped, out of context version could read: "fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)." Again, the preceding and following verses give the context.
This verse was revealed during a historical period when the small Muslim community had entered into treaties with neighboring tribes (Jewish, Christian, and pagan). Several of the pagan tribes had violated the terms of their treaty, secretly aiding an enemy attack against the Muslim community. The verse directly before this one instructs the Muslims to continue to honor treaties with anyone who has not since betrayed them, because fulfilling agreements is considered a righteous action. Then the verse continues, that those who have violated the terms of the treaty have declared war, so fight them, (as quoted above).

Directly after this permission to fight, the same verse continues, "but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them, for God is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful." The subsequent verses instruct the Muslims to grant asylum to any member of the pagan tribe/army who asks for it, and again reminds that "as long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God loves the righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of context misses the whole point of the message of the Qur'an. Nowhere in the Qur'an can be found support for indiscriminate slaughter, the killing of non-combatants, or murder of innocent persons in 'payback' for another people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this subject can be summed up in the following verses (Qur'an 60:7-cool:
"It may be that God will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For God has power (over all things), and God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for God loves those who are just."

http://islam.about.com/od/terrorism/f/terrorism_verse.htm
Re: Allah Is Great by kelz88(f): 2:54am On Nov 19, 2011
The bible is just as bad. In the old testament God commanded the killing of so many people that went against his will.

"And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, " (Deuteronomy 13: 5)

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;" (Deuteronomy 13: 6)

"Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people." (Deuteronomy 13:8-9)

"Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword." (Deuteronomy 13:15)

We need to stop bashing Islam cos at the end of the day no one really knows the real truth.

Love your neighbour as yourself, do all you can do help others, and all that ish. We have no right to pick and criticise other religious beliefs.

Why can't we all get along?!
Re: Allah Is Great by aloyemeka4: 3:41am On Nov 19, 2011
kelz88:

Why can't we all get along?!

Ask them o. Any small ish, dem go carry machete begin pursue Christians because Surah tell them so. Who be this Surah mallam sef?
Re: Allah Is Great by LagosShia: 4:31am On Nov 19, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Ask them o. Any small ish, dem go carry machete begin pursue Christians because Surah tell them so. Who be this Surah mallam sef?

green snake in the green grass!
Re: Allah Is Great by LagosShia: 4:32am On Nov 19, 2011
Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

1 Samuel 6:19
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

Matthew 10:34
"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”
Re: Allah Is Great by aloyemeka4: 11:51pm On Nov 19, 2011
LagosShia:

green snake in the green grass!

Naaa, I am a sheep among wolves. You see as Down-Lawal is cursing me out everywhere and mentioning my name in vain?. Lets not talk about Sweet-Bin-Necta and how he is trying so hard to cover up all the atrocities muslims do unto women. He is doing all these things simply to store up more women for the enjoyment of his flesh.If they are allowed to know the truth, they will demand to be let off his shackles and that spells female/wive-draught for him. I will not let Islamists rest until their women are set free. "For you shall know the truth and only the truth shall set you free"(jn 8 vs 32)
Re: Allah Is Great by LagosShia: 10:56am On Nov 20, 2011
aloy@emeka:

Naaa, I am a sheep among wolves. You see as Down-Lawal is cursing me out everywhere and mentioning my name in vain?. Lets not talk about Sweet-Bin-Necta and how he is trying so hard to cover up all the atrocities muslims do unto women. He is doing all these things simply to store up more women for the enjoyment of his flesh.If they are allowed to know the truth, they will demand to be let off his shackles and that spells female/wive-draught for him. I will not let Islamists rest until their women are set free. "For you shall know the truth and only the truth shall set you free"(jn 8 vs 32)

you got a chance to win and tell us how women are in "shackles" here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-802409.0.html
Re: Allah Is Great by aloyemeka4: 2:26am On Nov 21, 2011
I know it freaks you out that muslim women are beginning to receive education and are beginning to ask questions on why your Muhammad decided to compare them with cattle.
Re: Allah Is Great by Sweetnecta: 10:43am On Nov 21, 2011
^They have always been educated. Pakistan and Bangladesh had women presidents/Prime Ministers.

How do you think distance learning has its upbringing, except that Muslim women students receive their lectures via watching TV.

In most mosques in the west, the women see the lecturers and hear it through watching the Tube. You are so backward in thoughts.
Re: Allah Is Great by aloyemeka1: 12:36am On Nov 23, 2011
Bhutto who was assassinated because Pakistani muslims never wanted a woman to lead them because it is against the teachings of Allah. In Nigeria, many states in the muslim north have released statement barring women from contesting for governorship. So a very educated Northern Nigerian woman can NEVER become a governor in her state no matter her leadership abilities. Even the not so North Kwara barred women from running for governorship lest they unleash Boko haram on the behinds of the voters. Even though there are techniCALLy more Christians than muslims in Kwara, the Christians are constantly being harassed into allowing muslims to have their way and they oblige for the interest of peace.
Re: Allah Is Great by manny4life(m): 12:46am On Nov 23, 2011
LagosShia:

Numbers 31:17-18
Now kill all the boys (in Midian). And kill every woman who has slept with a man, 18but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

Judges 21:10-12
10So the assembly sent twelve thousand fighting men with instructions to go to Jabesh Gilead and put to the sword those living there, including the women and children. 11“This is what you are to do,” they said. “Kill every male and every woman who is not a virgin.” 12They found among the people living in Jabesh Gilead four hundred young women who had never slept with a man, and they took them to the camp at Shiloh in Canaan.

And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: [/b]and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

[b]Luke 19:27

"But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me."

Luke 12:49
"I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!

2 Peter 2:12
"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed."

John 2:15
[Jesus] made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Psalms 137:8-9
O Babylon, you will be destroyed. Happy is the one who pays you back for what you have done to us.Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks!

Psalms 139:19-22:
"Surely thou wilt slay the wicked, O God: Depart from me therefore, ye bloodthirsty men. For they speak against thee wickedly, And thine enemies take (thy name) in vain. Do not I hate them, O Jehovah, that hate thee? And am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee? I hate them with perfect hatred: They are become mine enemies."

Luke 22:36,38
[Jesus] said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one, " The disciples said, "See, Lord, here are two swords." "That is enough," he replied.

Matthew 10:35
35 For I have come to turn “‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—

Luke 12:50-53
50 But I have a baptsm to undergo, and what constraint I am under until it is completed! 51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division. 52 From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”

I would have had time to reply a lot of these, but I assume u lack understanding, you quote from one verse and do not look at the other, so there's no need explaining things you know nothing about. Although, if you're willing to pen your mind, I will explain each and every of these verses you put up there. As for the bold portion, I hope you understand that's it's not the literal meaning, then again, I bid unto you understanding.
Re: Allah Is Great by LagosShia: 1:12am On Nov 23, 2011
manny4life:

I would have had time to reply a lot of these, but I assume u lack understanding, you quote from one verse and do not look at the other, so there's no need explaining things you know nothing about. Although, if you're willing to pen your mind, I will explain each and every of these verses you put up there. As for the bold portion, I hope you understand that's it's not the literal meaning, then again, I bid unto you understanding.

try your luck or suit yourself.

not literal meaning?when has turning a son against his father become "figurative"?and how?
Re: Allah Is Great by LagosShia: 1:15am On Nov 23, 2011
aloy/emeka:

Bhutto who was assassinated because Pakistani muslims never wanted a woman to lead them because it is against the teachings of Allah. In Nigeria, many states in the muslim north have released statement barring women from contesting for governorship. So a very educated Northern Nigerian woman can NEVER become a governor in her state no matter her leadership abilities. Even the not so North Kwara barred women from running for governorship lest they unleash Boko haram on the behinds of the voters. Even though there are techniCALLy more Christians than muslims in Kwara, the Christians are constantly being harassed into allowing muslims to have their way and they oblige for the interest of peace.

you're a pervert.do you know why? in Iran,one of the vice presidents is female.in the indonesia,the president is woman.in the same pakistan you're talking about.Benazir was Prime Minister.so how come she was PM?

talking about her assasination,she could have being killed for being Shia than for being a woman.

also the people who killed her,would have done likewise if she was a man because in their view she was a stumbling block to their plans and cause.

islam does not "degrade" women.it only ensures that modesty and chastity are protected.if modesty and chastity are ensured,and the woman is protected from abuse,there is nothing that can challenge any woman.try to know the difference between muslims and Islam.
Re: Allah Is Great by aloyemeka1: 1:32am On Nov 23, 2011
LagosShia:

you're a pervert.do you know why? in Iran,one of the vice presidents is female.in the indonesia,the president is woman.in the same pakistan you're talking about.Benazir was Prime Minister.so how come she was PM?

talking about her assasination,she could have being killed for being Shia than for being a woman.

also the people who killed her,would have done likewise if she was a man because in their view she was a stumbling block to their plans and cause.

islam does not "degrade" women.it only ensures that modesty and chastity are protected.if modesty and chastity are ensured,and the woman is protected from abuse,there is nothing that can challenge any woman.try to know the difference between muslims and Islam.

How does my opinion make me perverted?. So if islam gives women equal chances like men[you wish], why did so many Northern Nigerian states issue statements on the issue of women running for governor?. Why did kwara muslims specifically ban women from running for governorship. Indonesia you mentioned is not a sharia controlled state and pop culture found its way there just like its making waves in UAE now, so expecting them to adhere to the teachings of Muhammad is like asking AloyEmeka to bow down to your Allah. They are nothing but keferis.
Re: Allah Is Great by manny4life(m): 1:46am On Nov 23, 2011
LagosShia:

try your luck or suit yourself.

not literal meaning?when has turning a son against his father become "figurative"?and how?

Here is one of my responses from prior thread

Mathew 10 : 34 - 39
“Do not think that I came to bring peace on Earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I came to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; and a man’s enemies will be the members of his household. He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; and he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow Me is not worthy of Me. He who has found his life will lose it, and he who has lost his life for My sake will find it.”

Dude, this chapter just shows how further hat you just don't get it. The sword that our Lord Jesus Christ talk about is the Word of God (see Hebrew 4 vs 12, for the word of God is quick and powerful and sharper than two edged sword. Isaiah 49:2, for he has made my mouth like a sharp sword, still talking about the word of God). Jesus Christ is the WORD, and the Word, is GOD. He said he did not come to earth to bring peace, read the two verses up (32 and 33) where it says about confession of your sins and following God and whoever denies him, he will deny before his father. He said that when you confess him, that you will have your own trials, (a burden every christian carries). The peace he talks about is those who do NOT accept the word, and the SWORD is the word of GOD.He even went on to say can two work together except they agree? That's why he said he who loves his father, mother, sister more than he does our Lord Jesus is NOT worth of him. So please seek understanding before you type these things
Re: Allah Is Great by manny4life(m): 1:55am On Nov 23, 2011
And he smote the men of Bethshemesh, because they had looked into the ark of the LORD, even he smote of the people fifty thousand and threescore and ten men: and the people lamented, because the LORD had smitten many of the people with a great slaughter.

Dude, my advice "DON'T READ BIBLE EXCERPTS, BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND IT".

Why were the people looking inti the Ark of God? The Israelite had made an idol of the Ark. They had tried to harness God's power, to use it for their own purpose (victory in battles), we all know how GOD disliked idol worship, and our God CANNOT be controlled by humans. To protect the Israelite from his powers, he WARNED THEM, NOT TO LOOK, at the sacred sanctuary objects in the Most Holy Place or they will die (Numbers 4:18-20), GOD carried out his PROMISED JUDGEMENT. Even the bible is very clear about disobedience and disrespect for GOD; he said he's a loving God but a consuming fire, he's no respecter of any human. Had they NOT disobeyed GOD in their promises they had with him as well as their unholy quest for God's infinite power, perhaps, GOD wouldn't had smitten them
Re: Allah Is Great by manny4life(m): 2:06am On Nov 23, 2011
Luke 19:27

Before you continue to write things you know nothing about, Mathew 13:10-13 should help "the purpose of parables". This is the Parable of the Sower, ye shall reap what ye have sown, Mark 4:25 and Luke 8:18 explains the parable more further. One more note, read verses above #27 to see how the parables relate. God has given us gifts to use in his Kingdom, he expects us not to be greedy and want us to use it to grow his kingdom, in fact, that parable is an important chapter and verse for you.

As for the rest of Luke 12:49-53, my advice read the upper verses; the faithful servants and the evil servants. This chapter was stressing about "watching and waiting" about Jesus coming. The division he talked about is a test of faith; if you read the upper chapters, there will be trials, just like our Lord Jesus hrist went though his own trials and tribulations, however, this test is a preparedness to separate the good from the bad
Re: Allah Is Great by manny4life(m): 2:17am On Nov 23, 2011
Although I have three more chapters to explain for you, I'm done with this, if you have something else to refute, let me know.

(1) (Reply)

Advice Please! / Is Crescent Moon Symbol Of Islam? / Quran And Science By Dr Zakr Naik

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.