Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires (10399 Views)

Peter Obi Removal Of Multiple Exchange Rates Excellent Prof Moghalu / Kyari: FG Will Divert ₦457 Billion Petrol Subsidy To Other Sectors / Atiku Vows To End Multiple Exchange Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by oluwaseyi0: 6:45am On Apr 21
vanbonattel:

Dollar has crashed in the APC propaganda room, we expect it to crash in the rest of to county. grin

To be fair to them dollar price has actually crashed on so many platforms, my office products exchange rate has dropped greatly too but normal price of items that went up during the dollar rise have refuse to come down

Or do you mean some section of the country are still getting dollar at 1900

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Jlow2: 6:46am On Apr 21
Same people that meet dollar at 215naira want us to celebrate it at 1200naira, apc are just demons we see everyday.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by helinues: 6:49am On Apr 21
ThatCEO:

Let me tag [b]Helinues and freestuffng [/b]for you. They are the ballers in this regime cool

Is this how you normally start your Sundays?
Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Yankee101: 6:54am On Apr 21
Tinubu was a beneficiary

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Hanndye: 6:58am On Apr 21
Politics too.
Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by vanbonattel: 6:59am On Apr 21
oluwaseyi0:

To be fair to them dollar price has actually crashed on so many platforms, my office products exchange rate has dropped greatly too but normal price of items that went up during the dollar rise have refuse to come down

Or do you mean some section of the country are still getting dollar at 1900

My brother, dollar doesn't have a price now. People buy at different places at different prices. The annoying thing is for government agents to use force and propaganda to distabilze the market instead of quietly working to improve the value of the naira.

This seeming agbero tactics of to government will never build trust in the markets, most people cannot trust a dishonest person to lower costs in the face of an artificial manipulated exchange rate. I better lock up the company and go fishing in my village.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Mrhonesty: 7:00am On Apr 21
No lies there. A friend of mine who exchanged lots of money during 1900 to 1$ was bitter last 2 weeks when a dollar was 1320 on SEND app. I was surprised and I called her an enemy of the nation Nigeria. Someone who calls me everyday before then has never called since then. I called but she declined my call.

vanbonattel:
Oh my grin

We're in for a very long thing in this country. The leaders knows how to ''wash the brains'' of the low brained people in this country. And you know what, many people will believe this pack of lies grin

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by ivandragon: 7:00am On Apr 21
Very silly assertion by the VP.

Why not address the corruption in the system rather than putting the burden on the masses.

Because you are too cowardly to go after a few hundred economic saboteurs, you make 200m people suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by LyfeJennings(m): 7:01am On Apr 21
vanbonattel:
Oh my grin

We're in for a very long thing in this country. The leaders knows how to ''wash the brains'' of the low brained people in this country. And you know what, many people will believe this pack of lies grin

Unfortunately U are not educated enough to know what he said is nothing but the pure truth
Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by 234GT(m): 7:03am On Apr 21
ThatCEO:
When they were removing subsidy, lots of mumu people be like...I don't have a car n don't buy fuel, why should we be subsidizing car owners cheesy

In ur bid to stop subsidy billionaires, you made 200M people much poorer n now pay even more subsidy to the billionaires cheesy

Exactly......poverty affects the brain....people who don't have cars were happy that subsidy was being removed and car owners will suffer.....not knowing that food prices will skyrocket.......A kilo of meat (8 pieces) now is 5k......let's see who will suffer more.....

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by ivandragon: 7:05am On Apr 21
Jlow2:
Same people that meet dollar at 215naira want us to celebrate it at 1200naira, apc are just demons we see everyday.

It is mind-boggling. Someone destroys something and still expects praises.

Between 2011-2014, 18k minimum wage could get you any of these things.

45kg of cooking gas @ 400 per kg
2 50kg of rice (with change) @ 8k per bag
15 bags of cement @ 1200 per bag
200 litres of fuel @ 90 p/l
90 litres of diesel @ 200 p/l

Today, 30k minimum wage for same items.

23kg of cooking gas @ 1,300
@ 70k for bag of rice, you now need 2+ months' salary
3 bags of cement @ 10k per bag
50 litres of fuel at 600 p/l
25 litres of diesel @ 1200 p/l

And some clowns are applauding the government and calling people who understand the regression, enemies of Nigeria when they are the real enemies and destroyers of Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by being(m): 7:08am On Apr 21
oluwaseyi0:
Price of things are still very high

And besides you need to explain the miracle of bringing the dollar from 1900 to 1100 without defending it with foreign reserves, something doesn't seems right from my investment banking point of things

No increase in production, no increase in oil earnings, Dangote refinery is still at infant stage yet
Perhaps the price increase was artificial/manipulated in the first instance... $ was around 1,250 for about a month till January ending.. what made it rise to 1,900?

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by BigYash: 7:16am On Apr 21
coolgb:

As you dey expect Nigerians to buy one litre of fuel for 1200 and dollar to reach 3k by end of april
Shame no still catch you cheesy
Emergency lover of naija
He asked a simple question and you are saying rubbish. Did they stopped paying the subsidy he is talking about?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Iamzik: 7:25am On Apr 21
coolgb:

As you dey expect Nigerians to buy one litre of fuel for 1200 and dollar to reach 3k by end of april
Shame no still catch you cheesy
Emergency lover of naija

He asked a simple question. Is Nigeria still paying subsidy? How much are we paying and to whom?

Elrufai complained about this few days ago that Tinubu government is now paying over 3 times what buhari was paying for subsidy yet we are also buying it for 3 times the former price.

You need to answer the real question and stop reading the mind of the person asking

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Iamzik: 7:31am On Apr 21
Mrhonesty:
No lies there. A friend of mine who exchanged lots of money during 1900 to 1$ was bitter last 2 weeks when a dollar was 1320 on SEND app. I was surprised and I called her an enemy of the nation Nigeria. Someone who calls me everyday before then has never called since then. I called but she declined my call.

That your friend is a classical example of the few who had excess money to buy dollar for speculation. The vast majority of APC/psp/LP supporters do not have that kind of money.

That's why I laugh when I see a poor APC supporter here calling fellow poor LP supporters enemy of Nigeria. It's really funny because the real enemies are those who buy in billions for speculation and I doubt they have time to reply to comments here.

If you are not in the political class you are all victim of speculators

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by abdsamad(m): 8:17am On Apr 21
How much does a senator earn and what is the justification for it. That's what i want to hear about first.
Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by SalamRushdie: 8:18am On Apr 21
They still want to pretend like they are not still paying even more subsidy

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by kay29000(m): 8:22am On Apr 21
socialmediaman:
Shettima is right but there’s no proof that the practice has stopped though

In fact, people suspect the temporary defense of the Naira is a ploy for a privileged few to buy it up, then let it crash to its market value later

If that’s the case, nothing changed!

They are not fully there, but they have tried. I mean this government. What Shettima is talking about is people who made a lot of money from round tripping when the black market exchange rate for dollar was around 750 and cbn rate was 450...that's a 300 margin (under Buhari's government). I know bankers that made a killing from round tripping because of this. Now the margin between cbn rate and black market rate is just 30 naira. This is a great improvement. Think about it for a second.
Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by kay29000(m): 8:27am On Apr 21
Mrhonesty:

They are many selfish people like that in Nigeria. Even though I get paid in dollars from my books on Amazon, I still was happy when the Naira started gaining strength.
Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by 234GT(m): 9:06am On Apr 21
kay29000:

They are not fully there, but they have tried. I mean this government. What Shettima is talking about is people who made a lot of money from round tripping when the black market exchange rate for dollar was around 750 and cbn rate was 450...that's a 300 margin (under Buhari's government). I know bankers that made a killing from round tripping because of this. Now the margin between cbn rate and black market rate is just 30 naira. This is a great improvement. Think about it for a second.

Because some people made money from roundtripping and petrol subsidy, the whole country, including those who did not make any money from roundtripping, have now been thrown into poverty..............and the nation is still unofficially paying more money in subsidies......God will judge this government....

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Zealag(m): 10:31am On Apr 21
By the time this government finish dealing with the people,they won’t know their right from their left again grin
Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Scamburster(m): 10:58am On Apr 21
vanbonattel:
Oh my grin

Because of people in the country are actually below low brained.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by Scamburster(m): 11:11am On Apr 21
BigYash:
He asked a simple question and you are saying rubbish. Did they stopped paying the subsidy he is talking about?
Lol, you think that person doesn't know what he's doing?, he intentionally dodge the question because he would going to be ambush there. Many people were paid to write and defend rubbish and it seems they're monitoring them on how they go about it.

2 Likes

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by BigYash: 11:30am On Apr 21
Scamburster:

Lol, you think that person doesn't know what he's doing?, he intentionally dodge the question because he would going to be ambush there. Many people were paid to write and defend rubbish and it seems they're monitoring them on how they go about it.
I suspect this too.. They are paid to always defend rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by 43Ronin: 12:03pm On Apr 21
Dear shettima we are not stupid. If there were no subsidy, price of petrol will be same with current exchange rate between naira & dollar. Also el-rufai stated that your govt has spent trillions in fuel subsidy more than any other govt. Shey you dey whine

Re: Shettima: Petrol Subsidy, Multiple Exchange Rates Were Producing Billionaires by PHAYOL81: 4:00pm On Apr 21
BeeBeeOoh:

Meanwhile, Shettima said the present administration is making every effort to address challenges in the power sector because it is aware that power is crucial.

https://www.thecable.ng/shettima-petrol-subsidy-multiple-exchange-rates-were-producing-billionaires-overnight/amp/

IFhe's able to solve power and food security, he will stand out as the best president Nigeria has ever had.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yahaya Bello Donates Buses To NDLEA / Sa’id Alkali: Lagos Red Line Rail Will Boost Nigeria's Economy / Describe Gej In Two Words.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.