Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online (25382 Views)

Last Pictures Of Queen Elizabeth II Before Her Death / 3 Dead & 500 Injured As Storms Wash SCORPIONS & Snakes Into Egyptian Streets(Pix / Trump's Administration Is "Irresponsible" - Joe Biden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by wahaladondey: 8:15am On Apr 21
I go still go chill for Dubai grin
Meanwhile any graphic design needs you have can be satisfied by me, quote me.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by 2Radii: 8:17am On Apr 21
Lomprico2:

Does Nigerian government provide it's citizens what Dubai government provides for theirs?
Oloriburuku
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by yewit37486: 8:20am On Apr 21
Emeskhalifa:
Obviously they don't want other countries to see that bad things happen in their country.

It is only in Nigeria that you will see a Nigerian goes online badmouthing his country before foreigners, making his country a laughing stock. I wonder where patriotism is

No country is perfect but Nigerians think it is only Nigeria that is bad.

Well said.
Tribalism is also one of the main issues, you see people pasting unflattering pictures about the other tribe's areas not realizing they are contributing to damaging the image of the country. The Nigerian passport has no tribe so we are ALL seen as Nigerians at the end of the day by outsiders. People should desist from this.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by PepeXKermit: 8:44am On Apr 21
Igile:
Everything is highly regulated in Dubai

That is why there is some form of sanity there.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by AmuOtu: 8:51am On Apr 21
helinues:

Why not relocate to Dubai bayi

grin
Do you want to work in Dubai?
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by codemaniacs: 8:51am On Apr 21
yewit37486:

Well said.
Tribalism is also one of the main issues, you see people pasting unflattering pictures about the other tribe's areas not realizing they are contributing to damaging the image of the country. The Nigerian passport has no tribe so we are ALL seen as Nigerians at the end of the day by outsiders. People should desist from this.

the name on the passport gives away the ethnicity of the person..

so there is tribe on the passport.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by yewit37486: 9:07am On Apr 21
codemaniacs:

the name on the passport gives away the ethnicity of the person..

so there is tribe on the passport.

You don't get my point.
The foreign person at border control checking your passport has no clue what your tribe is neither are they interested in knowing, all they see is your NIGERIAN passport. Same with when you're interviewing for foreign opportunities, all they see is you're Nigerian.

So at the end of the day, we are simply doing a disservice to ourselves by rubbishing different parts of the country under the guise of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by OsusuBishop(m): 9:13am On Apr 21
The political class do it more.

Lifestone:
NIGERIA should enact and enforce such law. Some people derive pleasure in been derogatory towards Nigeria
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by eepeepook: 9:26am On Apr 21
Tourism is their bread and butter. I fully support this.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Basic123: 9:29am On Apr 21
Emeskhalifa:
Obviously they don't want other countries to see that bad things happen in their country.

It is only in Nigeria that you will see a Nigerian goes online badmouthing his country before foreigners, making his country a laughing stock. I wonder where patriotism is

Some stupid Nigerians especially NEDMEDIA,SYMPHONI and many blogs being run by biafran Nigerians have channels dedicated for that

1 Like

Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Afamed: 9:45am On Apr 21
Toor

Even almighty US house of Rep has just barned the use of Titkot in US, thereafter sending it to Senate for final legislative process.

Saner climes and freedom of speech in the mud
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Afamed: 9:51am On Apr 21
eepeepook:
Tourism is their bread and butter. I fully support this.

It's more of being Patriotic.

Here in Nigeria, you would have all gone to post video if similar incident happens
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by bigwig071(m): 9:52am On Apr 21
Muslims and hiding the truth are just the same honestly
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by donproject2(m): 9:53am On Apr 21
Igile:
Everything is highly regulated in Dubai

Everything is highly regulated elsewhere but Nigeria. But if it is Nigerian government sounding this warning, many people will critisize the FG.

1 Like

Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Max24: 9:55am On Apr 21
DSS should start to arrest people calling our president bad names especially those obidients. Those calling him druggie and so on are tarnishing Nigerias image unless they can prove it through the courts.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Ashirioluwa: 10:10am On Apr 21
socialmediaman:
Is this legal?

If their citizens are not complaining, why should we?
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Haaland21: 10:16am On Apr 21
Emeskhalifa:

Be specific....it is the sore losers.
Kanu and Ekpa followers....
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Haaland21: 10:26am On Apr 21
Gbogbowa:
if we Obidient are from Dubai we will understand with the government because our vote was not stollen,budget not padded,public money not stolen, minimum wage very good and good infrastructure and good security of lives and job so we would not drag the government for one or two failure.But in Nigeria you see your leaders stealing your future blind and still be lying to you

Your votes cannot make anybody president in Nigeria.
Nobody can become President in Nigeria without massive votes especially from the SW, NW, and NE.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:29am On Apr 21
Inosky:

Does the country has good image before. Your politicians impoverishing the citizens, stealing billions of taxpayers' money and rigging elections, with massive killings everywhere.

All these are not obtainable in Dubai, okay. They care for their citizens, make their lives better. Good political atmosphere for all. Get that into your skull.

Like I said no country is perfect, but it is only in Nigeria that Nigerians think it is only Nigeria that is bad. Such a pitiful mentality
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by NGArmyTerrorist: 10:36am On Apr 21
They finally made it rain in Dubai, man made rainfall!
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by MrSly(m): 10:56am On Apr 21
KingKO22:
Only Nigeria can endure the disastrous nature of online slaughtering of its reputation by its enemies within bcs they lost election and they want every sector of the country to burn down

Imagine if Pandora Obituary and his IPOBidients followers are from Dubai and they start attacking the country bcs they lost election

God punish all the evil people who wants to destroy our country bcs their fraudster Lord lost election

Deluded fellow. White is always black for you as long as it favours your tribe. You are one of the major problems of Nigeria, Bigot.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Sleekfingers: 11:00am On Apr 21
Social media also need to be regulated in Nigeria. Because there are lots of ill-bred children posting thrash . . Desmond Elliot said it.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by AerialMapper: 11:03am On Apr 21
We will soon see this one and copy as a country!

We will not copy their good leadership or rapid development o!
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Scamburster(m): 11:43am On Apr 21
Lomprico2:

Does Nigerian government provide it's citizens what Dubai government provides for theirs?
Lol, you dey reply to those subhumans we share the same nationality with?
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by prophetfire: 11:44am On Apr 21
DeLaRue:

But if the Nigerian government made that same statement, people like you will be up in arms and claim the Nigerian government is evil and authoritarian. Some will even demand that the military should take over.

Arise TV will run programs upon programs over at least 2 weeks bringing a long array of publicity-hungry 'experts' to denounce the government and proclaim we are under the most anti democratic government since 1872.

However, if a foreign government (especially if they have a lighter skin than you) make such statement, you will praise that foreign government as you did in your statement.

Inferiority complex.
Nigeria government doesn't take care of her citizens, so they shouldn't stress anyone and they don't provide any amenities or uplift the living standards of the people.
Ordinary fuel, electricity and health they can't provide.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Scamburster(m): 11:46am On Apr 21
nairalanda1:

Kai, election wey happen centuries ago, you are still crying about it, when the man has moved on?

Plus, your side did the same for Buhari and tinubu. (remember when it became popular to call people's dogs Buhari, and then the conspiracy theories about his death and replacement by a clone? Or tinubu the drugdealer, and sick man?)

Oga, this is democracy. I don't like old men like GEJ, Buhari and tinubu being abused. Or Obasanjo or even Yaradua self. We can criticise, but we suppose respect elders. But under a democracy, things like this are an occupational hazard.

Anyway, I no send your parties or politicians. You people should start running for government and changing things. PDPAPC and obi are not the answer. Go and run for office and chase out this APC at the ballot box.
And you end up calling that your nightmare?
Honestly God have already and will still bless that man.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Scamburster(m): 11:50am On Apr 21
Gbogbowa:
if we Obidient are from Dubai we will understand with the government because our vote was not stollen,budget not padded,public money not stolen, minimum wage very good and good infrastructure and good security of lives and job so we would not drag the government for one or two failure.But in Nigeria you see your leaders stealing your future blind and still be lying to you
Lol, anyway thanks for reply to that irrational being,
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by nairalanda1(m): 11:53am On Apr 21
Scamburster:

And you end up calling that your nightmare?
Honestly God have already and will still bless that man.

Apc and pdp and even lp ain't my cup of tea. Yeye parties
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by RodgersAkpafu: 11:55am On Apr 21
Jonjam269:
Obirodent miscreants would have been in gallows if they were in Dubia.
Or APC rats 🐀 with the way they were running Nigeria image down in 2014
Goatt
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Scamburster(m): 12:05pm On Apr 21
nairalanda1:

Apc and pdp and even lp ain't my cup of tea. Yeye parties
I'm not talking about parties here, who party help.
I am talking about that man you were indirectly demeaning for long, or you think people with high iq are not frequent here but on a low key.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by Inosky(m): 12:16pm On Apr 21
Emeskhalifa:

Like I said no country is perfect, but it is only in Nigeria that Nigerians think it is only Nigeria that is bad. Such a pitiful mentality

"No country is perfect", I believe but what has Nigeria gotten to an average level before, before you start defending rotten system that cuts across all boards in the country??!!!

Election process trust= 0
Poverty= 109 out of 125 countries & 133million plus multi-dimensional poverty out of 200 million population.
Education= 20 millions+ out of school children
Inflation =33%
Minimum wage=N30k
Forgery = Your N0 1 citizen is a case study
Governance= very low, no positive effects.
Corruption = 99% plus
Hunger = 99%

I'm not a praise singer like you paid online lots, Oga.
Well, keep spreading propaganda, at least you can be paid at month-end.
Re: Dubai: It Is Illegal To Post 'Irresponsible' Pictures Of Storms Online by antiMuhamad: 12:36pm On Apr 21
socialmediaman:
Is this legal?
Well they have suffered the consequences.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jens Stoltenberg: Russia Is Using Cluster Bombs In Ukraine / Garissa University College In Kenya Attacked By Gunmen (photo) / Nigeria Urges Israel & Palestine To See Reason & De-Escalate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.