Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,972 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? (1770 Views)

FG Dumps N16 Trillion Railway Projects For N2.6trn Lagos-calabar Coastal Road —I / Construction Of Coastal Road From Lagos To Eight States / At Ministerial Screening, Wale Edun Says Naira Fair Value Is N700/$1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by BigIyanga: 5:24pm On Apr 21
Alaigbo:
You need to be ipob to reason this way.

Is 2nd Niger Bridge more important than electricity, so why do the bridge before fixing electricity.

See logic with calcified brain. 2nd Naija bridge is only 1.6km without much compensation cos it went over water… and it landed on dry land in Okoamako/Asaba area… and Obosi and Onitsha area… Now read your post again.. 800km of coastal rd..
why not build coastal hwy from Lagos badagary to Cotonou for the biggest intl trade in Southern Nigeria? Cos its real estate doesnt offer much value to politricians and their cronies 🤷🏿‍♂️
Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Christistruth00: 5:34pm On Apr 21
Goodday90:
Nobody both online and offline have been able to enumerate the importance of the coastal roads and why it is more important than Electricity
Atleast Electricity will bring about a lot of development,why can’t the Government just repair the Existing roads
Anytime these question is asked,some people make
It tribal and try to make us forget about it

Personally I think this is just a white elephant project that they will use to loot trillions

Fine

Don’t use it then

But don’t disturb those that will use it with your wailing

Those that were Wailing over the Buhari 2nd Nigeria Bridge are now taking Photos posing on top
of it as if they were the ones who built it

1 Like

Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Goodday90(m): 5:54pm On Apr 21
Christistruth00:

Fine

Don’t use it then

But don’t disturb those that will use it with your wailing

Those that were Wailing over the Buhari 2nd Nigeria Bridge are now talking Photos posing on top
of it as if they were the ones who built it
so now we can all agree it’s a white Elephant project that may not even be finished anytime soon?
Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by dontiky: 6:05pm On Apr 21
Paraman:
Lol

So you know about the siemens deal, yet you asked me what the government is doing... You're a 🤡.

Now, you're now writing another ignorant comment as if the government is doing nothing to increase the MW we generate.
the guy ask a valid question so if you have answers for it say, many including myself wants to know why coastal whatever is more important than electricity

1 Like

Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by loffyloffy: 6:14pm On Apr 21
plaetton:

You haven't answered my question of better than what ?
What is the comparison considering that there were NO competing bids for the project ?
If the project was of such an economic necessity, I am 100% sure that Nigeria could have found a Chinese or other foreign company that would have given us that project at far far cheaper cost.

The government awarding what is perhaps the most expensive project in recent times to a well-known business partner of the president the highest form of Nepotism and corruption.
Don't you think so ?

Better than the initial proposal for the road. 🛣️

Nobody cares who handles the contract as long as it delivers on its promises and saves the country money. 💰

Hitech has a track record of delivering such complex projects and are willing and able to bear the bulk of the cost, so why should we go to China? #SupportLocalBusinesses or does that only applies to Airpeace?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by BigIyanga: 6:36pm On Apr 21
loffyloffy:

Nobody cares who handles the contract as long as it delivers on its promises and saves the country money. 💰

Hitech has a track record of delivering such complex projects and are willing and able to bear the bulk of the cost, so why should we go to China? #SupportLocalBusinesses or does that only applies to Airpeace?
Can you show me similar projects Hitech has started and accomplished?
Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by plaetton: 6:51pm On Apr 21
loffyloffy:

I think your trying to be clever and a half.
You said cheaper than initial cost.
What was that initial cost and who gave that initial cost?
If there were no other competing bids, how can we ever know if we are getting good value for our money?
In any civilized country, awarding a no-bid contract to a company that has intimate business relationships with the President would be a big a scandal, even criminal.

Also, Hiteck is not a Nigerian indigenous company. It is owed by a Lebanese brothers, unless you're suggesting that Tinubu's relationship with the company makes it an indigenous company.
While we are on this, can you kindly share similar projects they have done anywhere in the past .

Now, kindly answer my question, and let's know where you stand.
Do you agree that this is Nepotism and looks like high corruption?

1 Like

Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Freedomman1960: 7:00pm On Apr 21
Brendaniel:

You are making this road project look like it's not a good thing ....Power problem has been in Nigeria for as long as you were a kid did that stop other projects from been done why did other past Administration
not abadon any other project to face power is Tinubu the 1st president of Nigeria or have you not heard of the steps been take. To improve the power sector should we be the one to tell you this is the kind of thing he likes to Archive the ones that look impossible to you for your information since you are forming Ignorance power jas been decentralised a feat many past government has not been able to reach don't come on the Internet to make it look like nothing is been done if you have a problem with Tinubus dream go and sleep and dream your own stop thinking you are wise than the person that is trying to make a difference

The problem with you guys is you people don't learn and you are not detailed, and comprehension seems to very hard for some of you, I don't know if its deliberate or indeliberate....

My point is whatever they have done, has the power supply improved?

It means they are doing the wrong things. Reason for the question" what have they done?"

If you tell me that you have been working throughout the day to cook and in the end the food is no ready for anyone, then what have you really done or what have you been doing?

It means you may been working round the clock doing the wrong things throughout the day reason why the food is not ready....

Nigerians are tired of just activities, we want results, has the power supply improved after what they have done or not done?

Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Brendaniel: 7:03pm On Apr 21
[quote author=Freedomman1960 post=129560486][/quote]

So because other past governments failed to fix power, then Tinubu is also allowed to fail to fix power?
Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Phantom233: 7:58pm On Apr 21
Goodday90:
same thing I talked about above,instead of answears they turn to tribalism and insults

Still couldn’t tell us the economic value of the road,isn’t there a road already to go to Calabar which is even bad by the way
Don't.mind that imbeciles. They're the real problems of this country. That road 🛣️ s very important because it'll provide a smooth avenue for Tinubu and his gang to loot the country dry, I believe you are aware that each kilometer cost about 4billion and the project is expected to take 8yrs, so you multiply 4billion x700kilometres. That close the 20trillion. And I assure you that project won't be completed in the next Ten years.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by loffyloffy: 8:13pm On Apr 21
plaetton:

I think your trying to be clever and a half.
You said cheaper than initial cost.
What was that initial cost and who gave that initial cost?
If there were no other competing bids, how can we ever know if we are getting good value for our money?
In any civilized country, awarding a no-bid contract to a company that has intimate business relationships with the President would be a big a scandal, even criminal.

Also, Hiteck is not a Nigerian indigenous company. It is owed by a Lebanese brothers, unless you're suggesting that Tinubu's relationship with the company makes it an indigenous company.
While we are on this, can you kindly share similar projects they have done anywhere in the past .

Now, kindly answer my question, and let's know where you stand.
Do you agree that this is Nepotism and looks like high corruption?

All your answers are here..and no it is not nepotism.

Hitech is a Nigerian Company

https://chagourygroup.com/construction/hitech-construction/
Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Goodday90(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21
Phantom233:

Don't.mind that imbeciles. They're the real problems of this country. That road 🛣️ s very important because it'll provide a smooth avenue for Tinubu and his gang to loot the country dry, I believe you are aware that each kilometer cost about 4billion and the project is expected to take 8yrs, so you multiply 4billion x700kilometres. That close the 20trillion. And I assure you that project won't be completed in the next Ten years.
you just summarized everything
It’s one of the projects that they will never finish
Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Danzakidakura(m): 8:50pm On Apr 21
Alaigbo:
You need to be ipob to reason this way.

Is 2nd Niger Bridge more important than electricity, so why do the bridge before fixing electricity.

you must be kpomo brain to think that the guy is IPOB, a confirmed Hausa man who never complained about road and railway to Niger republic over electricity want to condemn our coastal road because it's in the South.
Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Odotech: 4:59am On Apr 22
Brendaniel:

Thank God you said if the government is sincere, so do we have to gamble with 28 trillion to confirm if the government is sincere?

Besides 28 triliion will benefit Nigerians more presently on power than the coastal roads....

28 trillion will serve power to all Nigerians that will be used at the same time everyday, but coastal roads cannot be used by all Nigerians at the same time everyday.

I am not saying the coastal road is bad but in order of priority, which is more important now to an average Nigerian?

OBJ alone spent $16 billion on power with nothing to show for it. Buhari also and GEJ signed billions of dollars on power sector especially that Siemens contract - there is nothing to show for it. Now power has been decentralized so that state and private sector can create what they want. We should not expect further waste of money from federal government along that line but push our state governors to set up their regulatory companies and invite private power companies from abroad since you and I know our politicians are not sincere with the power sector. For now roads and railway especially have not been decentralized to allow private sector participation, so let tinubu work on the road. Road is the only project our politicians can do with up to 50% success rate. Building companies or investing in power historically have always been a waste of public fund. The money has been always looted 100%. But for road atleast 30 - 40% of the money would be spent on the road. There is partial sincerity in road project implementation compared to power sector project with 0% sincerity
Re: Why Is Coastal Road More Important Than Electricity,of What Value is the Road? by Brendaniel: 5:30am On Apr 22
Odotech:

OBJ alone spent $16 billion on power with nothing to show for it. Buhari also and GEJ signed billions of dollars on power sector especially that Siemens contract - there is nothing to show for it. Now power has been decentralized so that state and private sector can create what they want. We should not expect further waste of money from federal government along that line but push our state governors to set up their regulatory companies and invite private power companies from abroad since you and I know our politicians are not sincere with the power sector. For now roads and railway especially have not been decentralized to allow private sector participation, so let tinubu work on the road. Road is the only project our politicians can do with up to 50% success rate. Building companies or investing in power historically have always been a waste of public fund. The money has been always looted 100%. But for road atleast 30 - 40% of the money would be spent on the road. There is partial sincerity in road project implementation compared to power sector project with 0% sincerity

And what makes you think the state government will not do the same thing as the federal government in wasting the money on power?

And if you say they can hand it over to the private sector, last time I checked the federal government also currently has the same option of doing the same thing with the private sector....

And the federal government also has access to more funding to execute theirs than individual states, so what exactly is really the difference here in the state and federal if both are sincere or not sincere?

So Nigerians should sit down and watch the federal government use about 28 trillion for coastal road when they are yet to good power supply to their homes?

As I am talking to you now we have not had light for almost 24 hours and coastal road is what is more important to Tinubu....

Because what you are trying to say is that since all past governments failed to fix power then Tinubu cannot fix it and should not bother himself, then why did he fight to get there if he will not be different from the previous governments?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Africa's Big States: Toward A New Realism / Dont Just Vent About Ribadu: Here Is Your Chance To Act! / Should Bush Be Prosecuted For War Crime?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.