Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity (1802 Views)

Thievery: Here Is Similarity Between Peter Obi And Yahaya Bello / Indeed Igbo Amaka! / Similarity Between Osun State Nigeria And Texas State USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by year2013: 11:11pm On Apr 21
malali:
Igbo people famzing jewish people........LOL

Jewish people have never opened their mouth to acknowledge Igbo people.

Our language is the same !
Our dance is the same !
They wear Isi-agu too !
They greet Igbo kwenu, Jew Kwenu !

Maintain your identity, it makes you look desperate.
Claiming people who have no business or want to identify with you !

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by Rickmann: 8:37pm On Apr 22
johnog4sure:

Genesis is not english?
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by DOptical: 9:29pm On Apr 22
predictor1:
grin

He's silly.

wore(English). Wo(Yoruba) both means to wear or pur on clothes.

Hole(English). Iho(Yoruba) both mean the same thing.
Does this mean Yoruba and English people are related?

Yoruba sef with their languages. 😂

"Ruin" in English which is similar to "Run" in Yoruba. It means the same thing 😂

"Yawn" in English is similar to Yoruba's "Yan". It means the same thing.

"Simmer down" is similar to Yoruba's "Simi" or "Simi Edo". Means the same thing too😂

There are also similarities with the Hebrew languages. That's mystery. For example:

Aye (Hayah/Ehyeh) means to exist or life

Aanu (Hannah) means Mercy/favour.

Orun (Arun) means height.

Lale (Laylah) means Night.

Binu (Benas) means anger.

Melo (Melo) means fullness.

Iwa (Iwa) means strong character/righteousness.

Eyinju (Ayin) means Eyes.

Oluwa (Eloah/Elowah) means Lord.

Ara (Raahm) means thunder.

Ori (Rosh) means head.

Ibere (Barasheet) means beginning.

Aba (Abah) - father.

Baale (Baale of Judah).

There are also similarities with the old ancient kemit Egyptian language such as

Wu (Rise) - Wu (Rise)
Ere (Python) - Ere (Python)
Sueq (a fool) - Suegbe (a fool)
Ta (sell) - Ta (sell or offer)
Enru (fear) - Eru (fear)
Kun or gun (brave) - Ekun (brave)
Ma or mi (to breathe) - Mi (to breathe)
Budo (dwelling place) - Budo (dwelling place)
Khu (to kill) - ku (die)
Hika (evil) - Ika (evil)
Edjo (cobra) - ejo (snakes)
AK (male) - Ako (male)
Do (river) - Odo (river)
Po (many) - Po (many)

I have got two theories which is either the Yoruba are ancient people or could be Hebrews who left Egypt at the time when the Hebrews were still in Egypt considering the Yoruba have got the same names for God as the Hebrews. Recall Moses also left Egypt and would have stayed where he was if not for the fact that he was asked to go lead out the other Isrealites/Hebrews. So either that or the Yoruba are ancient people doing their things.

2 Likes

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by johnog4sure: 9:30pm On Apr 22
Rickmann:

And who said it is.
Can't u read
I asked a question, I want to learn
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by Rickmann: 9:36pm On Apr 22
johnog4sure:

Genesis is not english?

Ok sorry pls.
No it's not.
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by johnog4sure: 9:47pm On Apr 22
Rickmann:

Ok sorry pls.
No it's not.
What language is the word 'Genesis'?
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by Melchizzedek: 10:07pm On Apr 22
Tellmeastory:
Hebrew = Igbo

The Hebrew word for "son" is ben; plural is bānim.

In Hebrew you say ‘Josh Ben Kasper’ to mean ‘Josh, son of Kasper’

In Igbo the same is done, usually in the village where everyone knows each other.

So if you are referring to a guy in your village named Kelechi Okafor, you would say ‘Kelechi BEH Okafor’, meaning “Kelechi Of The House Of Okafor”,

And then the PLURAL of the Hebrew word, Ben, as stated above, is ‘bānim’.

In Igbo that of course translates to the same word, BANYIN.. meaning “Our common home”.

It’s incredible.

is that all?

2 Likes

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by helinues: 10:14pm On Apr 22
I don laugh tired on this thread

3 Likes

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by aswani(m): 11:37pm On Apr 22
helinues:
I don laugh tired on this thread

You no laugh reach me. Walahi di thread just dey sweet my belle as I dey read am again and again.

All di Obidients wey I suppose face for oda threads dey do anyhow as I tanda for dis wan.

The sad thing is, some will actually believe what they read here and go and chest beat over it with their real life friends.

2 Likes

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by Balogunodua(m): 12:19am On Apr 23
Raskimonojendor:

Na only ada you see. grin grin

I am sure if I google to fact check everyone of those words, they are lies. The first 4 words I put to test failed bigly.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by DOptical: 12:53am On Apr 23
DOptical:

"Ruin" in English which is similar to "Run" in Yoruba. It means the same thing 😂

"Simmer down" is similar to Yoruba's "Simi" or "Simi Edo". Means the same thing too😂

There are also similarities with the Hebrew languages. That's mystery. For example:

Ori (Rosh) means head.

Aba (Abah) - father.

Baale (Baale of Judah).

There are also similarities with the old ancient kemit Egyptian language such as

Wu (Rise) - Wu (Rise)
Enru (fear) - Eru (fear)
Khu (to kill) - ku (die)
Hika (evil) - Ika (evil)
AK (male) - Ako (male)
Do (river) - Odo (river)
Po (many) - Po (many)

I have got two theories which is either the Yoruba are ancient people or could be Hebrews who left Egypt at the time when the Hebrews were still in Egypt considering the Yoruba have got the same names for God as the Hebrews. Recall Moses also left Egypt and would have stayed where he was if not for the fact that he was asked to go lead out the other Isrealites/Hebrews. So either that or the Yoruba are ancient people doing their things.

Speaking of the old ancient kemit Coptic Egyptian language, I need to say what the Arab did in Egypt is annoying till now.
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by DOptical: 6:40pm On Apr 23
DOptical:

Ori (Rosh) means head.

Aba (Abah) - father.

Baale (Baale of Judah).

Wu (Rise) - Wu (Rise)
Enru (fear) - Eru (fear)
Khu (to kill) - ku (die)
Hika (evil) - Ika (evil)
AK (male) - Ako (male)
Do (river) - Odo (river)
Po (many) - Po (many)

Speaking of the Hebrew names for God which are similar to the Yoruba names for God.

Yoruba : Hebrew

Oluwa : Eloah/Elowah.
Olorun (Olohun) : Elohim.
Eledumare : El'Mareh.
Ìyè (Eriwoyah) : Yahweh.

Also the Hebrew belief in a messiah to be born of a virgin woman. The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah born of Virgin woman since they already crucified Jesus 😂 While Yoruba had their own Ela, the Word born of a virgin woman, Oyigi. Meanwhile, Elah is also the Hebrew name for God. Ifa also refers to the Messiah as Jewesun, the Lamb. In addition, Ifa also talks about how the Messiah spent 3 nights and 3 days in the grave before reemerging.

All these are really mysterious tbh shocked

Well, if the Yoruba are Hebrews, I can understand why same events happening in Judea was also happening in Yorubaland because the Hebrews were promised of the messiah. Either that or the Yoruba could be ancient people 😂
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by DOptical: 12:06am On Apr 26
DOptical:

Speaking of the Hebrew names for God which are similar to the Yoruba names for God.

Yoruba : Hebrew

Oluwa : Eloah/Elowah.
Olorun (Olohun) : Elohim.
Eledumare : El'Mareh.
Ìyè (Eriwoyah) : Yahweh.

Also the Hebrew belief in a messiah to be born of a virgin woman. The Jews are still waiting for their Messiah born of Virgin woman since they already crucified Jesus 😂 While Yoruba had their own Ela, the Word born of a virgin woman, Oyigi. Meanwhile, Elah is also the Hebrew name for God. Ifa also refers to the Messiah as Jewesun, the Lamb. In addition, Ifa also talks about how the Messiah spent 3 nights and 3 days in the grave before reemerging.

All these are really mysterious tbh shocked

Well, if the Yoruba are Hebrews, I can understand why same events happening in Judea was also happening in Yorubaland because the Hebrews were promised of the messiah. Either that or the Yoruba could be ancient people 😂

In addition, let me add that the Jewesun name translate into "let the leaf sleep" which should mean serenity. Well , that was Jesus' character tbh, apart from his powerful nature. Ifa is quite mysterious tbh, considering the mention of the Messiah by a virgin woman and also the name Jewesun mentioned as the Lamb by Ifa. This is similar to Jesus (Yeshua) which Christianity uses today. Funnily, Yoruba also tend to pronunce Y as J sometimes. For example, "it shall be" in Yoruba is "Yoowa" which is "Ye ki o wa" in full expatiation. However, it's also pronounced as "Je ki o wa" in Yoruba. So Yoruba uses J for Y at times. Just as J is often used for Y when it comes to the Hebrew. For example, Yehudah is also called Judah!

All these are mysterious though. Whichever ways, Yoruba could also be ancient people doing their things anyway.
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by Reflect7: 12:20am On Apr 26
DOptical:

Ifa also refers to the Messiah as Jewesun, the Lamb. In addition, Ifa also talks about how the Messiah spent 3 nights and 3 days in the grave before reemerging.

Is this a certified pre-colonial belief, or was Ifa influenced by latter-day christianity?
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by DOptical: 12:28am On Apr 26
Reflect7:

Is this a certified pre-colonial belief, or was Ifa influenced by latter-day christianity?

Ifa predates Christianity. Meanwhile, Ifa also talks about the Messiah which is the Word born of a virgin woman. As I said, if Yoruba are Hebrews, I understand why same events which happened in Judea also happened in Yoruba land however it could also be that the Yoruba are ancient people doing their thing 😂
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by Sctests: 3:24am On Apr 26
Why are yoruba muslims the most desperate people who downplays Isreal-Igbo connection?

The feel more concerned and I daresay mortified than anyone else in the about the Isreal-Igbo connection, but are the biggest travellers to Arabia from Southern Nigeria. Tell them yorubas are originally from Mecca, they will throw an Owambe party in a heartbeat to celebrate. grin

What is their fear about Isreal-Igbo linkage? grin
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by hammer567: 3:42am On Apr 26
seun, nlfpmods,

plls let us explore this idea on fp this weekend, if nothing for entertainment it will bring and the hear what others think.
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by ebufa: 3:45am On Apr 26
[quote author=year2013 post=129564086][/quote]

Igbo lineage is Hebraic ........as opposed to Jewish! Stop mixing the two together! That you are a Jew does not mean you are Hebrew sir!
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by aswani(m): 6:23am On Apr 26
Sctests:
Why are yoruba muslims the most desperate people who downplays Isreal-Igbo connection?

The feel more concerned and I daresay mortified than anyone else in the about the Isreal-Igbo connection, but are the biggest travellers to Arabia from Southern Nigeria. Tell them yorubas are originally from Mecca, they will throw an Owambe party in a heartbeat to celebrate. grin

What is their fear about Isreal-Igbo linkage? grin

How do you know they are Yoruba Muslims?

Going by this thread, it's Ndigbo that are absolutely panning the hyping of any tenuous link as they, like the rest of humanity, think this attache by force is sad and pathetic considering what a proud and great tribe full of intelligent people (minus the Obidients of course grin) Ndigbo are.

Okay maybe one or two Obidients get sense but dem no reach 10 for all of dem.

1 Like

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by Sctests: 7:38am On Apr 26
aswani:

How do you know they are Yoruba Muslims?

Going by this thread, it's Ndigbo that are absolutely panning the hyping of any tenuous link as they, like the rest of humanity, think this attache by force is sad and pathetic considering what a proud and great tribe full of intelligent people (minus the Obidients of course grin) Ndigbo are.

Okay maybe one or two Obidients get sense but dem no reach 10 for all of dem.

An agbado muslim don open mouth... Bulabans do not have the brain-power to determine who is intelligent or not. You've been getting scammed like buffoons since 2015.. grin
Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by swagana: 8:05am On Apr 26
ebufa:
Ada refers to first daughter in Hebrew

Ada refers to the first daughter in Igbo.........though it can aslo refer to all daughters as well...Adaobi,Adaeze,Adaora...etc

Fake fake fake. There is nothing like that

1 Like

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by obailala(m): 8:09am On Apr 26
Tellmeastory:
Hebrew = Igbo

The Hebrew word for "son" is ben; plural is bānim.

In Hebrew you say ‘Josh Ben Kasper’ to mean ‘Josh, son of Kasper’

In Igbo the same is done, usually in the village where everyone knows each other.

So if you are referring to a guy in your village named Kelechi Okafor, you would say ‘Kelechi BEH Okafor’, meaning “Kelechi Of The House Of Okafor”,

And then the PLURAL of the Hebrew word, Ben, as stated above, is ‘bānim’.

In Igbo that of course translates to the same word, BANYIN.. meaning “Our common home”.

It’s incredible.

Igbo is Igbo! Hebrew is Hebrew!!

Can we stop all this 'attachee by fire by force' already; it's just ridiculous and speaks less of us as a people.

In my view, it reeks of inferiority complex when a person or group, repeatedly tries to 'famz' or 'claim relationship' with another person or a more popular group, most especially when the other group never acknowledges this acclaimed connection. I see absolutely no necessity, no relevance and no benefits in this Igbo = Jew concept; it only brings ridicule.

2 Likes

Re: Hebrew Is Indeed IGBO. Amazing Language Similarity by omohayek: 8:13am On Apr 26
Sctests:

An agbado muslim don open mouth... Bulabans do not have the brain-power to determine who is intelligent or not. You've been getting scammed like buffoons since 2015.. grin
This entire thread can be treated like an IQ test, one on which you and all the other advocates of this nonsensical claim have performed woefully. Given that every human language has tens of thousands of words, any two languages will have some words which sound alike purely by coincidence!

If you and your ilk weren't so stupid, you could have done a simple Google or Wikipedia search, which would have informed you that Igbo is a Niger-Congo language, while Hebrew is a Semitic language, which is part of the Afro-Asiatic superfamily. Guess which other major Nigerian language is Afro-Asiatic? Hausa!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hausa_language

Yes, Hausas - who your religiously bigoted remarks betray disdain for - have a far stronger claim to relation with the Hebrews than you Igbos ever will, but they don't feel the need to push the issue because they don't suffer from the intense inferiority complex that drives you to associate yourself with Israel on the flimsiest of bases, even though anyone who has studied linguistics can clearly see the strong resemblance between Igbo, Edo and the Yoruba you seem to hate so much.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volta%E2%80%93Niger_languages

If Igbo and Hebrew are related on the basis of a few far-fetched resemblances (most of which have already been shown to be lies), it will be interesting to see you explain away the hundreds of genuinely similar or identical words in Igbo and Yoruba.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-similar-words-in-the-Igbo-and-Yoruba-Languages

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obasanjo And Babangida Playing The Ayo Game: / Another Tragedy Hit Rev.king / Efcc Begins Extradition Process Against El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.