Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR (329 Views)

Man Sets His Own Car Ablaze To Celebrate Nnamdi Kanu's Discharge (Video) / Police Dares Nigerians To Embark On #RevolutionNow March / President Buhari To Embark On 10-Day Medical Leave To London - Jackson Ude (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 4:21pm On Apr 21
Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-Hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New Guinness World Record

Polycarp Sola -Abakaliki

An Ebonyi State man, Engr. Celestine Onele, has said that he is all set to embark on a 120-hour marathon of clothes ironing to set a new Guiness World Record.

The current holder of the title, Mr. Garrick Sanders, who set the record in Bristol, the United Kingdom, in 2016, performed a 100-hour ironing marathon to obtain the title.

In a press conference held in Abakaliki, the state capital, Engr. Onele confirmed that the marathon ironing would commence on Monday, April 22, 2024, at the Real Exclusive Palace Bar.

"Even though I'm an engineer, I love being inspired to do different things, to put my name on the map. At a point, I said, Let me try to put my name in the Guiness book of records.

"After rigorous research, sometimes last year I finally submitted my application to Guinness World, and we all know that the application takes a whole lot of processes.

"By the grace of God, after 18 weeks of waiting, I got a message that my attempt to break the Guiness World Record has been approved," Onele confirmed.

Engr. Onele is going to be ironing T-shirts, Polos, Pillow Cases, and handkerchiefs. He called on the members of the public to support him by bringing clothes for ironing to the venue, as well as appealing to well-spirited individuals to support him morally and financially.

Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by NwaNimo1(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21
What have Nigerians been reduced to?

Hope he has a reliable gen and iron plus surplus fuel.....

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by Sheuns(m): 4:22pm On Apr 21
I hope you’ll sit down to do this.
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 4:23pm On Apr 21
More Evidence

Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by ItisWell22(f): 4:25pm On Apr 21
Hope he has plans for uninterrupted power supply, as well as very functional cooling system; otherwise heat exhaustion may not be far from happening?

Then I would advise he uses something like the Philips iron of old, light weight and effective; not some heavyweight iron that can make the whole experience really exhausting with body aches.

Success in his pursuit… 🙏

GanagiBitrus:

I am contemplating GWR 80hr Playing Ludo or Whot marathon. smiley

We will support you, all the way from NL academy. 😌
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by GanagiBitrus: 4:25pm On Apr 21
I am contemplating GWR 80hr Playing Ludo or Whot marathon. 🤔

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by ayoolataiwo(m): 4:26pm On Apr 21
U try,at least,record na record.These says GWR will experience unimaginable trials and attempts

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by NwaNimo1(m): 4:26pm On Apr 21
Him dey cash out in advance sef.....

....see press conference!

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by article1: 4:38pm On Apr 21
Engr. Onele is going to be ironing T-shirts, Polos, Pillow Cases, and handkerchiefs. He called on the members of the public to support him by bringing clothes for ironing to the venue, as well as appealing to well-spirited individuals to support him morally and financially. Hope you have also appealed to NEPA to provide you with 24hours power supply or make available a standby generator and sufficient fuel to help you achieve your aim?
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 4:41pm On Apr 21
According to him, there will be a standby Gen to support him
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 4:42pm On Apr 21
NwaNimo1:
Him dey cash out in advance sef.....

....see press conference!

Come support am
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 4:42pm On Apr 21
ayoolataiwo:
U try,at least,record na record.These says GWR will experience unimaginable trials and attempts
Certainly
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 4:43pm On Apr 21
GanagiBitrus:
NL go support u na small thing
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by NwaNimo1(m): 4:43pm On Apr 21
polycarp65:

Come support am

My cloth dey dere?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 4:44pm On Apr 21
article1:
Engr. Onele is going to be ironing T-shirts, Polos, Pillow Cases, and handkerchiefs. He called on the members of the public to support him by bringing clothes for ironing to the venue, as well as appealing to well-spirited individuals to support him morally and financially. Hope you have also appealed to NEPA to provide you with 24hours power supply or make available a standby generator and sufficient fuel to help you achieve your aim?

That's why well spirited individuals have to come in because NEPA ...don Tek light
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 4:45pm On Apr 21
NwaNimo1:

My cloth dey dere?

If u dey Abakaliki abeg bring your clothes come mek e no go off materials to iron
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by Ebubu: 4:59pm On Apr 21
E go dey sup for Abakaliki🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥☄️

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by GanagiBitrus: 5:23pm On Apr 21
polycarp65:

NL go support u na small thing
👍
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 5:32pm On Apr 21
Ebubu:
E go dey sup for Abakaliki🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥☄️
💯
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:44pm On Apr 21
GanagiBitrus:

I’m thinking of fvcking for straight 7 days non stop. I will submit my application soon. grin grin grin
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by polycarp65: 6:06pm On Apr 21
MyVILLAGEpeople:

I’m thinking of fvcking for straight 7 days non stop. I will submit my application soon. grin grin grin

Odogwu I hope you have two life
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by Bulldozer90: 7:51pm On Apr 21
Signs of serious unemployment.
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by AcadaWriter: 8:11pm On Apr 21
I hope you’ll sit down to do this.
Re: Ebonyi Man Sets To Embark On A 120-hour Marathon Ironing To Set A New GWR by DMerciful(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21
Nigerians just keep disgracing themselves

(1) (Reply)

Imo: Ex Governor, Okorocha – Family Avoid Country Home 5 Years After End Of Tenu / Essay Competition!!! / Not Buhari Nor Goodluck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.