Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,940 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri (526 Views)

Peter Obi Achievement In Anambra / Video Of Soludo Using Peter Obi's Achievement During Anambra Governorship Debate / Peter Obi’s Achievement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Paraman: 5:44pm On Apr 21
A former presidential aide, Reno Omokri, has contrasted the leadership of former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, with that of the Chairman of Eti-Osa Local Government Area in Lagos State, asserting the latter’s administration as superior.

Obi served as the Anambra State Governor from June 2007 to March 2014.

“The Chairman of Eti-Osa Local Government Area in Lagos State has more achievements in governance than Peter Obi,” Omokri said in an interview on the ‘Mic On Podcast’ programme hosted by a Channels Television’s journalist, Seun Okinbaloye, late Saturday.

“I know for a fact that the Eti-Osa Local Government Chairman has built at least, to my knowledge, three schools,” Omokri affirmed.

The social media influencer also challenged the Obidients – adherents of Obi, to mention a school built by the latter in his eight years as governor of the Southeastern state.

He noted that while Obi was the Anambra State Governor, he didn’t start, complete and inaugurate a school.

Omokri said, “I am giving a challenge. I will give any (Obidient) $10,000 if they can name one school that Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned while he was governor,” debunking views that Obi was better than former Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso and President Bola Tinubu in terms of infrastructural developments.

Upon Obi’s end of tenure as the state governor in 2014, he joined the Peoples Democratic Party to run as a running mate to the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in the 2019 presidential election.

The election was later lost to former President Muhammadu Buhari under the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Omokri, a former aide to erstwhile President Goodluck Jonathan, recalled how he encouraged Obi to tread “the best path” for his presidential ambition.

“…Peter Obi cannot deny that I was the one who recommended him to Waziri Atiku Abubakar. Waziri Atiku Abubakar asked me to help him to choose a running mate.

“I called former President Jonathan, I discussed with him. Former President Jonathan told me, ‘Look, it must be Peter Obi’ and then I told former President Jonathan that I can’t just give this man only one name and so we padded the list with some other people’s names and then we put Peter Obi’s name and made it so rosy.

“And, Waziri Atiku Abubakar chose Peter Obi,” the social media influencer stated, adding that “Peter Obi was the best person at that time.”

However, Omokri lamented that despite his efforts, Obi didn’t heed his advice.

He said, “I told Peter Obi that the best path to the presidency for him is to run as Waziri Atiku Abubakar’s running mate and then be loyal to him.

“And then, when Waziri finishes his tenure, naturally the baton will change from the present to him. He didn’t listen to me.”

The former presidential aide noted that Obi wasn’t posited to win the 2023 election but rather, he (Obi) would “split the Peoples Democratic Party votes and make it possible for Bola Tinubu to win.

“If you contest, you are not going to win. The only thing that you’re going to achieve in contesting is that you are going to split the People’s Democratic Party votes and make it possible for Bola Tinubu to win,” Omokri added.

“In terms of education, Peter Obi is the least educationally qualified among the others. In terms of achievement while in office, he doesn’t come close to any of Tinubu and Atiku at all.

“At the end of the day, if you hold the presidential election 10 times, Peter Obi is still not going to win,” Omokri added.

Obi contested for the presidency in the 2023 election as the Labour Party’s candidate. Both he and Abubakar eventually lost to Tinubu.

Omokri also dismissed reports that he wasn’t supposed to make comments bordering on the nation’s economic challenges, saying that he doesn’t live in the country.

While reacting to this, he said, “I’m an employer of labour in Nigeria,” saying that his critics should visit the Corporate Affairs Commission to verify.

https://punchng.com/obis-achievement-as-gov-not-better-than-lagos-lg-chair-omokri/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by orohbiro(f): 5:45pm On Apr 21
A
Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by vowiski(m): 5:46pm On Apr 21
B
Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by sdeli: 5:46pm On Apr 21
Wetin obi do did Reno
Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Richtaiwo: 5:58pm On Apr 21
sdeli:
Wetin obi do did Reno
For speaking the truth?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Raskimonojendor: 6:01pm On Apr 21
Omokri said, “I am giving a challenge. I will give any (Obidient) $10,000 if they can name one school that Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned while he was governor,” debunking views that Obi was better than former Kano State Governor, Rabiu Kwankwaso and President Bola Tinubu in terms of infrastructural developments.
No lies.

One poster like that will start posting pictures of repainted school, additions of blocks to an existing school, or an institution that changed from a polytechnic to a university, as school projects Peter Obi started, completed, and commissioned.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by rinzaugustine: 6:01pm On Apr 21
The usual failures that said tinubu will favor them still crying about Peter Obi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Richtaiwo: 6:02pm On Apr 21
Omokri said, “I am giving a challenge. I will give any (Obidient) $10,000 if they can name one school that Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned while he was governor,”

That's a 10 million Naira challenge. I know, headless mob will rather start talking about Reno than simply taking up the challenge. For a man who was trumpeted to be the only saviour of Nigeria based on his stewardship in Anambra for 8 years, this challenge shouldn't be anything close to difficult.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Richtaiwo: 6:06pm On Apr 21
rinzaugustine:
The usual failures that said tinubu will favor them still crying about Peter Obi
Without any financial inducement, it shouldn't be difficult for any ipobidients to prove to us Reno is lying. Not withstanding, Reno is offering over 10 million Naira to any ipobidients who can name one school that Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned while he was governor Don't forget, Peter Obi is the only one to save Nigeria. So based on his records, let's see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by rinzaugustine: 6:07pm On Apr 21
Richtaiwo:

Without any financial inducement, it shouldn't be difficult for ant ipobidients to prove to us Reno is lying. Not withstanding, Reno is offering over 10 million Naira to any ipobidients to name one school that Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned while he was governor

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Richtaiwo: 6:09pm On Apr 21
rinzaugustine:
Is this the proof that Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned one school while he was a governor?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by sirchim(m): 6:11pm On Apr 21
Rino omOKRO, aka Mai gaimu! If you like cry from now to 2027, THIEFNIBU can't fit give you any appointment.

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Lizzysamuel(f): 6:11pm On Apr 21
Richtaiwo:

Is this the proof that Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned one school while he was a governor?

You're still lamenting on this thread despite the schooling I gave you few days ago?

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Richtaiwo: 6:15pm On Apr 21
sirchim:
Rino omOKRO, aka Mai gaimu! If you like cry from now to 2027, THIEFNIBU can't fit give you any appointment.
Reno is challenging ipobidients, can you take up the challenge and stop talking about Reno himself? He said ipobidients should name just one school Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned when he was a governor for 8 years? This shouldn't have come with financial inducement, yet, Reno is offering over 10 million Naira to any ipobidients who can take up this challenge.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by jmoore(m): 6:18pm On Apr 21
You only build school if there is a deficit in schools.

Anambra is not lacking in schools. What Obi did was to improve on existing school infrastructure.

Reno Omonkey is exhibiting first class foolishness.

The foolish Reno Omonkey is boasting that he recommended Obi to Atiku as running mate but he claimed he called Goodluck Jonathan, who gave the name of Peter Obi. So it was Jonathan that recommended Obi, not Reno Omonkey.

“If you contest, you are not going to win. The only thing that you’re going to achieve in contesting is that you are going to split the People’s Democratic Party votes and make it possible for Bola Tinubu to win,” Omokri added.
See mumu comment from Reno Omonkey. Did Atiku win? No! Atiku split the vote of Peter Obi too.

He said, “I told Peter Obi that the best path to the presidency for him is to run as Waziri Atiku Abubakar’s running mate and then be loyal to him.

“And then, when Waziri finishes his tenure, naturally the baton will change from the present to him. He didn’t listen to me.”
Obi won't listen to a man with foolish brain like Reno Omonkey. Buhari has taken 8 years of northern Nigeria, it was turn for the south. Loyal fire your stinking brain.

“At the end of the day, if you hold the presidential election 10 times, Peter Obi is still not going to win,” Omokri added.

Mumu Omonkey, how many times have Atiku contested for president? 6 times!!

2 Likes

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by rinzaugustine: 6:19pm On Apr 21
Richtaiwo:

me waste my time on Agbado lol go and borrow 20k and travel to Awka and meet your fellow Yoruba Muslims they will show you whatever you want because I don’t have time for kids like you online

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by AfonjaConehead: 6:22pm On Apr 21
I am really really ashamed so much of these yoruba people!!! Se won fi obi sepe nla nla fun gbo gbo yin?
Won fi anything Igbo obi sepe fun awon gbogbo yin!?!

Just look at all these people on here everyday with this dirty stinky tribalism!!!!!

Can't you people ever bring up something useful?
Haaa! Ogah ooo

Of all the presidential aspirants,it's only Obi who continues to live rent free in their heads...

Obi doesn't need to do any opposition, people are doing it for him for free 😁🤣🤣🤣

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by DMerciful(m): 6:24pm On Apr 21
Why are you guys obsessed with Obi
Paraman:
A former presidential aide, Reno Omokri, has contrasted the leadership of former Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, with that of the Chairman of Eti-Osa Local Government Area in Lagos State, asserting the latter’s administration as superior.

Obi served as the Anambra State Governor from June 2007 to March 2014.

“The Chairman of Eti-Osa Local Government Area in Lagos State has more achievements in governance than Peter Obi,” Omokri said in an interview on the ‘Mic On Podcast’ programme hosted by a Channels Television’s journalist, Seun Okinbaloye, late Saturday.

“I know for a fact that the Eti-Osa Local Government Chairman has built at least, to my knowledge, three schools,” Omokri affirmed.

The social media influencer also challenged the Obidients – adherents of Obi, to mention a school built by the latter in his eight years as governor of the Southeastern state.

He noted that while Obi was the Anambra State Governor, he didn’t start, complete and inaugurate a school.

Upon Obi’s end of tenure as the state governor in 2014, he joined the Peoples Democratic Party to run as a running mate to the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, in the 2019 presidential election.

The election was later lost to former President Muhammadu Buhari under the ruling All Progressives Congress.

Omokri, a former aide to erstwhile President Goodluck Jonathan, recalled how he encouraged Obi to tread “the best path” for his presidential ambition.

“…Peter Obi cannot deny that I was the one who recommended him to Waziri Atiku Abubakar. Waziri Atiku Abubakar asked me to help him to choose a running mate.

“I called former President Jonathan, I discussed with him. Former President Jonathan told me, ‘Look, it must be Peter Obi’ and then I told former President Jonathan that I can’t just give this man only one name and so we padded the list with some other people’s names and then we put Peter Obi’s name and made it so rosy.

“And, Waziri Atiku Abubakar chose Peter Obi,” the social media influencer stated, adding that “Peter Obi was the best person at that time.”

However, Omokri lamented that despite his efforts, Obi didn’t heed his advice.

The former presidential aide noted that Obi wasn’t posited to win the 2023 election but rather, he (Obi) would “split the Peoples Democratic Party votes and make it possible for Bola Tinubu to win.

“In terms of education, Peter Obi is the least educationally qualified among the others. In terms of achievement while in office, he doesn’t come close to any of Tinubu and Atiku at all.

Obi contested for the presidency in the 2023 election as the Labour Party’s candidate. Both he and Abubakar eventually lost to Tinubu.

Omokri also dismissed reports that he wasn’t supposed to make comments bordering on the nation’s economic challenges, saying that he doesn’t live in the country.

While reacting to this, he said, “I’m an employer of labour in Nigeria,” saying that his critics should visit the Corporate Affairs Commission to verify.

https://punchng.com/obis-achievement-as-gov-not-better-than-lagos-lg-chair-omokri/?utm_source=telegram&utm_medium=social

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Goodvibes007: 6:25pm On Apr 21
32hours hours later. No taker (s).

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by favor914: 6:25pm On Apr 21
AfonjaConehead:
I am really really ashamed so much of these yoruba people!!! Se won fi obi sepe nla nla fun gbo gbo yin?
Won fi anything Igbo obi sepe fun awon gbogbo yin!?!

Just look at all these people on here everyday with this dirty stinky tribalism!!!!!

Can't you people ever bring up something useful?
Haaa! Ogah ooo

Of all the presidential aspirants,it's only Obi who continues to live rent free in their heads...

Obi doesn't need to do any opposition, people are doing it for him for free 😁🤣🤣🤣
Borehole driller, The Apga Judas himself.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by AfonjaConehead: 6:26pm On Apr 21
Richtaiwo a deeply concerned self appointed afôønjeas minister of Igbo affairs needs answers 😁😁😁:

Reno is challenging ipobidients, can you take up the challenge and stop talking about Reno himself? He said ipobidients should name just one school Peter Obi started, completed and commissioned when he was a governor for 8 years? This shouldn't have come with financial inducement, yet, Reno is offering over 10 million Naira to any ipobidients who can take up this challenge.

2 Likes

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by AfonjaConehead: 6:28pm On Apr 21
favor914:
Borehole driller.
Richtaiwo:

Raskimonojendor:

No lies.

One poster like that will start posting pictures of repainted school, additions of blocks to an existing school, or an institution that changed from a polytechnic to a university, as school projects Peter Obi started, completed, and commissioned.

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by AfonjaConehead: 6:29pm On Apr 21
favor914:
Borehole driller, The Apga Judas himself.

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by favor914: 6:32pm On Apr 21
[quote author=AfonjaConehead post=129559974][/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Hyperchi(m): 6:33pm On Apr 21
Obi only improve what he meet, by given the property to missions to handle and supporting them yearly, so if u go internet u will see churches building not state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by favor914: 6:34pm On Apr 21
[quote author=AfonjaConehead post=129559947][/quote]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by AfonjaConehead: 6:34pm On Apr 21

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by favor914: 6:39pm On Apr 21
[quote author=AfonjaConehead post=129560076][/quote] I’m in severe pain because Reno told you That Gringory Obi’s Achievement As Governor Is Not Better Than The LG Chairman of Eti Osa?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by AfonjaConehead: 7:26pm On Apr 21
favor914 GIRINGORY grin:
I’m in severe pain because Reno told you That Gringory Obi’s Achievement As Governor Is Not Better Than The LG Chairman of Eti Osa?
Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by AcadaWriter: 9:11pm On Apr 21
32hours hours later. No taker (s).

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by fredoooooo: 9:34pm On Apr 21
Obi and his obituarists grin
Go and verify didn't win election for Obi, go and verify will not win election for Obi
You better go and look for what to campaign with na only school dem ask una no get. If campaign start una go look for Obi boxers and pant..
Las las una head go straight cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obi’s Achievement As Gov Not Better Than Lagos LG Chair – Omokri by Tochitee(m): 11:14pm On Apr 21
Let's be frank,every Ibo person knowns that obi perform woeful during his tenure,they just thought obi is their only chance to presidency!Anyway, the earlier you Igbos realised that you can't fraud your way to presidency,the better for you. You can only fool yourselves. Obi kor Mikel niii.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ekiti State To Start Electricity Distribution May 1st / Epitomy Of Nigeria's Problems / Another Medical Doctor Abducted In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.