Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:56 PM

Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush (424 Views)

Bandits Kill 5 Police Officers, Four Others In Katsina / Nigerian Army Confirms Murder Of General Hassan Ahmed, to be Buried Today / Army Confirms Joint Operation With Police In Orlu LG, Imo State To Root Out IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by God1blessBiafra: 8:09pm On Apr 21
Army confirms killing of two officers, four soldiers in Niger terrorists ambush

The Nigerian Army has confirmed the killings of two officers and four soldiers during an ambush by terrorists in Niger state.

The army personnel of 1 Division of the Nigerian Army deployed to Allewa and Erena were killed on April 19, while on a fighting patrol to Karaga Village in Shiroro Local Government Area of the state.

Army spokesperson, Maj.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, announced this on Sunday, April 21.

He said: “Troops gallantly fought through the ambush and eliminated several of the terrorists as well as captured some of their equipment.

“Sadly, the troops suffered a temporary setback as 6 personnel comprising 2 officers and 4 soldiers paid the supreme price.

The General Officer Commanding 1 Division and Commander Operation Whirl Punch, Maj Gen Landers Saraso has on behalf of the Chief of Army Staff sympathized with the families of the deceased personnel and promised them that the unfortunate setback will be avenged by the troops.

“He said the troops are currently trailing some of the terrorists who survived and fled after the encounter. He urged the good people of the State to go about their legitimate and lawful activities and reassured them that the Nigerian Army and other security agencies will ensure their protection at all times.”

According to Nwachukwu, the army, in line with its customs and traditions, had contacted the Next of Kins of the fallen heroes, while burial was conducted for the deceased Muslim personnel with the consent and approval of their family members.

He said the Chief of Army Staff was represented at the burial which took place at Minna Military Cantonment Cemetery by the Commander Training and Doctrine Command (TRADOC), Maj Gen Kelvin Aligbe.

Nwachukwu said: “The Deputy Governor, representative of the COAS, GOC, and other senior officers also visited the two wounded soldiers receiving medical attention at the Military Hospital and subsequently paid a condolence visit to the families of the deceased.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/army-confirms-killing-of-two-officers-four-soldiers-in-niger-terrorists-ambush/
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by God1blessBiafra: 8:09pm On Apr 21
First report of the killing https://www.nairaland.com/8067913/gun-men-gun-down-six#129545900

Now confirmed by Army themselves

1 Like

Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by God1blessBiafra: 8:09pm On Apr 21
No The Audacity from DHQ grin grin

No hunger for justice for the dead soldiers from the majority of Yorubas that asked soldiers to level south south communities when similar incident happened their.

I remember their questions to me when I said soldiers should leave innocent people in the community and go only after the culprits.

Their question was"What if one of the soldiers is my brother"

Maybe this 6 soldiers are not someone brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by nedu666: 8:12pm On Apr 21
Again the bandits escape with gunshot wounds. Don't these guys ever get tired of using this line

3 Likes

Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by HenryThegreat1(m): 8:13pm On Apr 21
RIP to them
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by immortalcrown(m): 8:17pm On Apr 21
When will the army invade the community in revenge?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by Offpointng: 8:23pm On Apr 21
Well if I'm sure of anything at all, I know General Lagbaja will not allow this slide
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by Urheadmaster(m): 8:24pm On Apr 21
If it was in the other region, the military squad will be battle ready and await order from their superior tongue
immortalcrown:

1 Like

Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by Gentino(m): 8:31pm On Apr 21
Tales of two regions.

1 Like

Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by God1blessBiafra: 8:31pm On Apr 21
Urheadmaster:
If it was in the other region, the military squad will be battle ready and await order from their superior tongue
You Will see yoruba Muslims in action calling for justice for the Killed soldiers.

1 Like

Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by shagasha: 8:34pm On Apr 21
I'm just wondering... And I'm sure you all know what I'm wondering

1 Like

Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by Ibile77(m): 9:14pm On Apr 21
God help us!!! personally, I think the killing of officers is a sign that Nigeria is degenerating to a stateless society where people are failing to respect the instrumentality of the state.
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by greenermodels: 9:29pm On Apr 21
The north owns this country, the colonial masters made sure of it.
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by delpee(f): 9:59pm On Apr 21
immortalcrown:

It's a different situation. I know that area including Erena. The people are mostly minorities and mainly hard working farmers. There's a big commodity and fish market by River Kaduna close to the Shiroro power station. The bandits are in forests between them and Kaduna but it seems they invade Shiroro LG area from time to time. It's such a large area so the military can be ambushed.

Harassing the villagers without valid information will not be fair. Of course, the military will find out and deal with those involved appropriately.
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by Nyouth: 10:31pm On Apr 21
God1blessBiafra:
No The Audacity from DHQ grin grin

No hunger for justice for the dead soldiers from the majority of Yorubas that asked soldiers to level south south communities when similar incident happened their.

I remember their questions to me when I said soldiers should leave innocent people in the community and go only after the culprits.

Their question was"What if one of the soldiers is my brother"

Maybe this 6 soldiers are not someone brothers.
don't mind them bro
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by immortalcrown(m): 7:16am On Apr 22
delpee:

It's a different situation. I know that area including Erena. The people are mostly minorities and mainly hard working farmers. There's a big commodity and fish market by River Kaduna close to the Shiroro power station. The bandits are in forests between them and Kaduna but it seems they invade Shiroro LG area from time to time. It's such a large area so the military can be ambushed.

Harassing the villagers without valid information will not be fair. Of course, the military will find out and deal with those involved appropriately.
Why was there a python dance?
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by OriOko88(m): 7:28am On Apr 22
undecided
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by Jlow2: 7:45am On Apr 22
Hope they will invade the community and arrest youths and local chiefs like they did in okuoma, one Nigeria indeed
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by God1blessBiafra: 8:51am On Apr 22
immortalcrown:
Why was there a python dance?
Pythons can't dance over there grin grin
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by Iamanoited: 9:17am On Apr 22
THE MILITARY SHOULD LOCATE THE TERRORISTS AND KILL THEM ALL.
REMEMBER THAT FULANI HERDSMEN ARE TERRORISTS AND BUHARI IS BEHIND THEM BY CHRISTIANA AMANPOUR CNN.
Re: Army Confirms Killing Of Two Officers, Four Soldiers In Niger Terrorists Ambush by SalamRushdie: 9:22am On Apr 22
In the last 7 months over 40 soldiers have been killed in Shiroro and again the military keeps mum ...when are they going to raise down Shiriro?

(1) (Reply)

Ogun State Govt Recommends Death Penalty For Corruption / Let There Be Light In 9ja! / Appeal Court Declares Obahai Sole Ruling Family Of Ogwashi-uku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.