Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria (1062 Views)

Zakari Mijinyawa Confirms Escape Of Nadeem Anjarwalla, Binance Executive / Binance Executive, Nadeem Anjarwalla Escapes From Custody In Nigeria / Nigerian Prisoners Who Escaped From Jail Dehumanized By Ghanaian Authorities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Paraman: 5:51am On Apr 22
The Kenya Police Service has arrested fleeing Binance executive, Nadeem Anjarwalla, as the International Criminal Police Organisation moves to extradite him to Nigeria within the week.

Government sources familiar with the case who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak on the matter confirmed the development to our correspondent on Sunday night.

One of the sources said, “Binance executive, Nadeem Anjarwalla, has been arrested by the Kenya Police Service, and he would be extradited to Nigeria this week by INTERPOL.”

Another source noted, “As we had said before that Anjarwalla would be extradited, he has been arrested in Kenya, and he’ll be extradited to Nigeria this week.”

The PUNCH had exclusively reported that the Federal Government had traced Anjarwalla to Kenya, following his escape from lawful custody in Nigeria.

Following the development, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, the International Criminal Police, the Nigeria Police Force, and the Kenyan Police Service have deepened talks to quicken Anjarwalla’s extradition.

In the earlier report, Saturday PUNCH reported that Anjarwalla, whose cover has now been blown, went into hiding immediately after he landed in Kenya.

“We have found him. We know where he is; he is in Kenya, and we’re working with the authorities to bring him back to Nigeria.

“All hands are on the deck, the government and all the security agencies are working hard in conjunction with the Kenyan authorities and INTERPOL, to ensure his return to Nigeria to face the charges brought against him,” the report had quoted a source as saying.

Meanwhile, the EFCC Chairman, Ola Olukoyede, had in the March edition of its bulletin titled, “EFCC Alert,” onfirmed that the commission was working in conjunction with the International Criminal Police Organisation, the United States’ Federal Bureau of Investigation, the governments of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, and Kenya to extradite Anjarwalla.

Olukoyed said, “The takeover of the prosecution of Binance chiefs by the commission is no less a strong message in the direction of EFCC’s resolve to hedge in distortions and disruptions in the country’s forex market.

“Tax evasion, currency speculation, and money laundering to the tune of $35,400,000 and are at the foundation of the Commission’s five counts against Binance Holdings Limited, Tigran Gambaryan and Nadeem Anjarwalla, the company’s chief executives.

“While Gambaryan is currently in the Commission’s net, the process of extraditing the fleeing Anjarwalla is revving in full swing. Involved in partnership with the EFCC to nick Anjarwalla in flight are the International Criminal Police Organisation, the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation, the governments of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, and Kenya as the clock winds down to his arraignment in absentia alongside the company and Gambaryan.”

https://punchng.com/kenyan-police-arrest-binance-executive-who-escaped-from-nigeria/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by helinues: 5:56am On Apr 22
I dey gbadun this Nigeria and Kenya collabos in terms of security.

Obasanjo is actually very close to Kenya government

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by chopnaira: 5:56am On Apr 22
Like Nnamdi Kanu, he would be bundled to Nigeria. Kenya has been helping big brother Nigeria alot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Oxb90: 6:02am On Apr 22
I thought the man would even run as far as Australia. Na Kenya im see to run to?
Did he not ask questions?

6 Likes

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by jkpbestseries: 6:04am On Apr 22
I dont know why Nigerians will pray for bad things to happen to Nigeria just because their candidate didnt win

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by jahsharon: 6:07am On Apr 22
A new Sheriff is in town, his name is Emilokan Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban Omo Alhaja Abibatu Mogaji

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by jahsharon: 6:07am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Chasing wind

Mumu country that doesn’t export a dime is busy blaming crypto companies for their woos

Foreign reserve go soon finish and una go blame IMF

You go cry tire

I knew that the loss of three consecutive Presidential elections made Zombients to develop psychiatric disorders and mental instability, but I didn't know that millions of them have slipped into depression and suicide

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by jahsharon: 6:10am On Apr 22
jkpbestseries:
I dont know why Nigerians will pray for bad things to happen to Nigeria just because their candidate didnt win

It's a form of mental disorders arising from generational inherited curse

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by jahsharon: 6:11am On Apr 22
Oxb90:
I thought the man would even run as far as Australia. Na Kenya im see to run to?

No dey leak secrets nah. Mazi Simon Ekpa too is planning to run to Kenya

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by superCleanworks(m): 6:12am On Apr 22
I really feel for that guy. Nobody wants to be in his shoes at all as a company staff. If he had known,... if only he had known. 😁

I hope the binance company is really paying this guy for all this occupational hazard and plenty wahala.

Till now our dear government has not told us who helped the guy to escape so that the general public can take note and blacklist such a fellow from employment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Kingdavid579(m): 6:14am On Apr 22
We Don hear
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Nukilia: 6:15am On Apr 22
Kenya Kenya grin

I reserve my comment.

Fleeing Binance executive might be in prison while we watch another economic crisis due to foreign reserve depletion.

grin grin
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by managemoney(m): 6:31am On Apr 22
Fine one, my Kenyan brothers
Meanwhile, if you are in need of a job in any location across Nigeria, checkout all job vacancies across Nigeria using the link in my signature 👇

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by delzbaba(m): 7:07am On Apr 22
Good one.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Mindlog: 7:10am On Apr 22
helinues:
I dey gbadun this Nigeria and Kenya collabos in terms of security.

Obasanjo is actually very close to Kenya government

Obasanjo is close to Raila, not Ruto who heads Kenyan government.
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Urheadmaster(m): 7:11am On Apr 22
When confusion is involved, that's how it goes.

Nnamudi kanu was arrested in Kenya and brought back to the zoo while his colleague is chilling in Finland tongue
Oxb90:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by helinues: 7:12am On Apr 22
Mindlog:

Obasanjo is close to Raila, not Ruto who heads Kenyan government.

Let me repeat again, Obasanjo is close to Kenya government irrespective of who the president is. Uhuru was frequent in Nigeria when he was the president

Obasanjo deliberately lured Raila into AU chair position so that the nonsense Mandamano can stop

7 Likes

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Ravenna: 7:19am On Apr 22
Hand don meet anjarwalla

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by coolgb(m): 7:23am On Apr 22
Wailers will soon be here as usual

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by jmoore(m): 7:24am On Apr 22
Propaganda Babablu!

That guy can never be extradited to Nigeria.
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by helinues: 7:26am On Apr 22
coolgb:
Wailers will soon be are here as usual

Fixed for you

grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by maasoap(m): 7:31am On Apr 22
AqualinaXYZ:
Chasing wind

Mumu country that doesn’t export a dime is busy blaming crypto companies for their woos

Foreign reserve go soon finish and una go blame IMF

You are sad that one of you who tried to escape justice has been caught again and he's about to be brought back to face justice, I get it. I understand your wailing reason. Damn criminals!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by maasoap(m): 7:33am On Apr 22
Oxb90:

I think it is not easy for him. He is likely to be a wanted in many countries
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by WeddingParol: 7:34am On Apr 22
Enemies of Nigeria will now resume their wailing 😩

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Seefinish: 7:38am On Apr 22
Kenya again?
The same Kenya that arrested Nnamdi Kalu?
Putin should take note and avoid Kenya
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Musty112: 8:02am On Apr 22
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Musty112: 8:02am On Apr 22
This is interesting
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by nairavsdollars(f): 8:03am On Apr 22
The same Kenya where dey arrested Nnamdi Kanu na Him the dundee run go
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Peakdesign23(m): 8:04am On Apr 22
Kenya 🇰🇪 what is wrong?
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by Yankee101: 8:32am On Apr 22
Kenya is really Nigeria’s ally
Re: Kenyan Police Arrest Binance Executive Who Escaped From Nigeria by 1000Capacity: 8:41am On Apr 22
jahsharon:
A new Sheriff is in town, his name is Emilokan Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Jagaban Omo Alhaja Abibatu Mogaji

grin grin
You understand what I wanted to say

(1) (2) (Reply)

2007 Election Dates / Obasanjo Orders Audit Of $15b Foreign Debt Payments / In Nigeria,Many People In Public Office Are Mentally Ill,says New Efcc Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.