Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors (8933 Views)

Amidst Paucity Of Funds, Nigerian Govt Proceeds With ₦42 Billion NASS Renovation / NDDC Paid ‘scholarship Grants’ To MD, Directors – Senate Report / Nigeria’s $9 Billion Debt To P&ID: Everything You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by AmazingGenius: 10:32am On Apr 22
The Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria, AMCON, has initiated bankruptcy proceedings against the Chairman of Milan Industries Limited, Milan Nigeria Ltd and Milan Beverages Ltd, Rajesh Valecha and four other directors of the companies over their alleged inability to repay a N42billion debt.

The other directors, named in five petitions, now pending before two judges of the Federal High Court in Lagos, are: Ramesh Valechha, Vikram Valechha, Odunlami Bayo and Akin Femiwa Akinsola.

In the petitions filed by its lawyer, Kunle Ogunba, SAN, AMCON stated that the debt, which now stands at N41,511,758,031.14 arose from several loan facilities obtained from Skye Bank (now Polaris Bank) between 2010 and 2012 by Milan Industries Ltd and Milan Nigeria Ltd, for which the directors are now liable.

Stating that it has since acquired the debt from the bank, AMCON added that the debtor companies applied majority of the loan facilities to the construction of a 361-room hotel facility at 52 Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, formally known as Intercontinental Hotel (now Lagos Continental Hotel).

AMCON is praying the court for among others, an order appointing a trustee against the estate, funds, investment, shares or other interest of the directors, “principally as they may be vested, constituted or evinced in Milan Industries Limited, Milan Nigeria Limited, and Milan Beverages Limited which interest is held either directly or through the said Milan Industries Limited and/or in any other company within and outside Nigeria.

AMCON is equally seeking consequential order empowering it to sell the directors’ properties (be it landed or chattels) where – ever situate and/or found including but not limited to his shares principally in Milan Industries Limited, Milan Nigeria Limited, and Milan Beverages Limited which interest is held directly or through the said Milan Industries Limited either by private treaty or by public auction which occasion shall be published in two widely read and circulated national daily newspapers in Nigeria.

Also, AMCON wants an order granting it leave to appropriate or otherwise utilize the investments, shares or other interests of the directors in the companies and in any other company/corporate entity in Nigeria or outside Nigeria in partial or full satisfaction of the debt due, as the case may be.

On March 21 Justice Daniel Osiagor granted AMCON leave to effect substituted service of relevant court documents, including the petitions on Ramesh Valechha and Vikram Valechha. Similar orders for substituted service were earlier made in the petitions against the other three directors.

While Justice Osiagor is hearing three of the petitions (filed against Ramesh Valechha, Vikram Valechha and Akin Femiwa Akinsola), Justice Yelim Bogoro is handling two (filed against Rajesh Valecha and Odunlami Bayo).

Both judges had, in earlier rulings, issued ex-parte injunctions restraining the directors from tampering with their assets and ordering banks to provide information about their financial standing.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/04/alleged-n42b-debt-amcon-moves-against-firms-md-directors/

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by mhktaryan: 11:57am On Apr 22
Debts everywhere
Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by INTEGRITYA1(m): 11:57am On Apr 22
That's good
Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by NwaNimo1(m): 11:57am On Apr 22
Indians.......economic saboteurs.

5 Likes

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by mytime24(f): 11:57am On Apr 22
Every debt now na billions and trillions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by tradepunter: 11:58am On Apr 22
Ok
Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by crystalpapers(m): 11:59am On Apr 22
This debtors too will be forming big men of the society.

Anybody wey no know where him mates dey make am go think say village people dey do am, but if you come know you no go wan do am.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by famouscargo4u: 12:00pm On Apr 22
What if heirs holding owing 25b?
Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by Connected1: 12:02pm On Apr 22
crystalpapers:
This debtors too will be forming big men of the society.

Anybody wey no know where him mates dey make am go think say village people dey do am, but if you come know you no go wan do am.
I swear bro.

People are in massive debts but still living lavish, once you make a name or get good assets, taking loans will be a piece of cake.

I don't envy anyone though because bankruptcy usually comes calling at some point.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by Tonytonex(m): 12:04pm On Apr 22
Everybody is running into debt.

A Person that doesn't have money is Richer than the person that is indebted.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by Tonytonex(m): 12:06pm On Apr 22
Connected1:

I swear bro.

People are in massive debts but still living lavish, once you make a name or get good assets, taking loans will be a piece of cake.

I don't envy anyone though because bankruptcy usually comes calling at some point.
honestly. Most of them are Owing a huge sum of money.

2 Likes

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by RichesRiseQueen: 12:31pm On Apr 22
when will they understand money is just a set of numbers, these debts will be around forever because they don't exist.

Learn how money works.

Check my signature
Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by SalamRushdie: 12:42pm On Apr 22
The Indian bank ponzi scheme

1 Like

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by Musty112: 12:51pm On Apr 22
Banks don't fail...na human dy fail am

1 Like

Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by crystalpapers(m): 3:47pm On Apr 22
Connected1:

I swear bro.

Yeah. You are correct my brother.
Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by Menclothing1: 9:43pm On Apr 22
Most billionaires are borrowing
Re: ₦‎42 Billion Debt: AMCON Moves Against Firm’s MD, Directors by Kizzygentle: 9:53pm On Apr 22
U all should stop consoling yourselves with how people owe and all.. Why is it always 1 in a thousand that AMCON always go after.. If u have access to such loan and do the needful which I believe shouldn't be a problem because wirh such loan, there is no way u won't be able to set up yourself and also pay back as agreed. Imagine I collect loan 1billion and I'm suppose to be paying 10m monthly, I would definitely keep 100m down for payment in 10months. U want to tell me that 900m will not be able to invest what 1bilion will invest with the same profit and still get flexing money normally.. You all should not decieve yourselves jor.. Without loan, u go broke pass bottle self.. Dey play .. Me I dey find loan like this. Better one sha...

(1) (Reply)

Should The World Help Break Up Nigeria In Order To Save It? / House Of Representatives Threatens Warrant On Shell’s Md / Place Obasanjo On A Security Surveillance - NCYY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.