Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,775 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia (311 Views)

Rivers Assembly Is Non-existent to Me, Peace Accord not binding - Fubara / Edu Received Funds For Flight Tickets From Abuja To Non-Existent Kogi Airport / How Buhari Spent N8trn On ‘non-existent’ Petrol Subsidies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by Masterstroke4: 10:45am On Apr 22
Governor Alex Otti has revealed the amount that his predecessor, Okezie Ikpeazu allegedly paid out billions for non-existent projects in Abia state.

Addressing Abia Indigenes at an event in United States which is aimed at encouraging investment in the South-East state, Otti revealed that he invited one of the top audit firms in the world to carry out a forensic audit.

Some of the projects Ikpeazu allegedly paid for include a non-existent airport. Otti further revealed that the billions paid for the non-existent airport was used to clear off pension and salary arrears that have been owed for 10 years.

Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by muykem: 11:13am On Apr 22
I hate this kind of generalisation statement instead of coming up with details and let people from Abia confirm the projects or denial it.

6 Likes

Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by busybrain123(m): 11:18am On Apr 22
angry
Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by Cindypresh(f): 12:06pm On Apr 22
muykem:
I hate this kind of generalisation statement instead of coming up with details and let people from Abia confirm the projects or denial it.

Ask the op for link so you can read the whole article
Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by paramakina202: 12:28pm On Apr 22
muykem:

Is there any airport in Abia state?
Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by aieromon(m): 1:40pm On Apr 22
paramakina202:

Is there any airport in Abia state?

The airport idea was abandoned after consultation with stakeholders.

I was a member of the state executive council when approval was given to spend N10bn to start the Abia airport project and in my capacity as then Commissioner for Information, I announced it to the public.

However thereafter, members of Abia State Traditional Rulers Council led by HRM Eze Joseph Nwabekee (Eze Amara), visited Governor Ikpeazu in his Government House Umuahia residence and advised that since the state was surrounded by at least four airports, the project should be suspended and the resources deployed to fix more roads.

Governor Ikpeazu accepted their recommendation and I also announced same to the public.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/21/john-okiyi-kalu-abia-forensic-audit-and-the-small-man-syndrome/

https://www.nairaland.com/6800200/abia-abandons-airport-project-pictures

1 Like

Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by paramakina202: 1:58pm On Apr 22
aieromon:

The airport idea was abandoned after consultation with stakeholders.

https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/21/john-okiyi-kalu-abia-forensic-audit-and-the-small-man-syndrome/

https://www.nairaland.com/6800200/abia-abandons-airport-project-pictures

The issue at hand is that Ikpeazu paid contractors over 10bln for non existent airport.
That is fraud!
Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by aieromon(m): 2:19pm On Apr 22
paramakina202:

The issue at hand is that Ikpeazu paid contractors over 10bln for non existent airport.
That is fraud!

Former Commissioner has challenged him to publish details of the contractors.

Anybody who believes whatever comes from Governor Otti is doing so at his own peril because time has proved that he is incapable of telling the truth at any point in time. He is a man consumed by hate and bitterness against his predecessor and will do anything to malign him even if it means demarketing Abia State in faraway USA.

As a citizen of Abia State and someone who served in Ikpeazu’s administration, I wish to recommend the following to enable the public get to the truth in this matter:

1. Governor Alex Otti should hand over a copy of the the so-called forensic audit report to Dr Okezie Ikpeazu for his factual response or alternatively publish it verbatim for the former Governor to read and respond to the issues with facts.

2. Publish the list of all contractors that allegedly received money from the Ikpeazu administration, with the amount involved, and did nothing. Such contractors and their accomplices deserve to go to jail if proven to be true. Yet, I know for a fact that many contractors that worked with Ikpeazu administration are still working with Otti or are his personal buddies. Unless Governor Otti is now stealing with them he should have no problem publishing their names and relevant contract details.

3. Governor Alex Otti should accept the setting up of a joint audit team with reputable audit firms nominated by Otti and Ikpeazu to review Abia finances from May 2015 to date. What that means is that the team will look into the finances of the Otti era in addition to that of Ikpeazu and publish the report for the world to see.

Let Otti bring his Ernst & Young or whoever that concludes and publish forensic audit report without response or input from the auditee while Ikpeazu brings a reputable local audit firm for the proposed exercise.

Chief John Okiyi Kalu
(Nwandugbom JOK)
Former Commissioner for Information, Trade & Investment, Abia State

1 Like

Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by yungpowers(m): 2:59pm On Apr 22
The short man is full of bitterness and hatred angry angry towards the past administration. Even if you have issues with him but at least be truthful to Abians for record sake. I remember when Otti denied that Ikpeazu invested Abia's N1.4b in geometrics but was latter found out to be true. 😏

1 Like

Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by chopnaira: 2:59pm On Apr 22
EFCC should go after him then if true.
Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by LagosFirstSon: 3:01pm On Apr 22
Why is okezie still walking a free man ? Pick him up immediately.

Abia state is not Lagos where criminals walk freely
Re: Gov. Otti Reveal Okezie Ikpeazu Paid N107.2bn For Non-existent Projects In Abia by yungpowers(m): 3:08pm On Apr 22
If you read that media response from JOK you will understand that Ikpeazu is open to investigation from EFCC.
Abia people be wary of the midget called Otti. grin grin
Time is a revealer

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages Of Countries With US Military Base / With Asiwaju, The Shame-show Never Stops: US Congressmen Helps Nig Fight Corrupt / Former Speaker, Ghali Na'aba Decamps From PDP To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.