Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,034 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery (18743 Views)

Two Soldiers Arrested For Stealing Armoured Cables At Dangote Refinery (pic) / Sheikh Goni Aisami: Army Dismisses Two Officers Over murder Of Yobe Cleric / Nigerian Army Dismisses Soldier Who Raped A Girl In Front Of Her Parents In Yobe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by Pickmycall: 9:46pm On Apr 22
CountinBlessins:
Kai what a shameful end to a career angry
Most of them want to hit a jackpot and quit.No be one soldier complain for video say army pay am 50k salary and a pass to go visit him family.When he reach park,transport to and fro na 75k.He Kuku return to bush as the money no reach.
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by Onyedikachi231: 9:46pm On Apr 22
Badmashiii:

Don't say such things.

All human beings are naturally thieves. We do it differently. Also the chance of being caught and the pressure of necessity are sometimes the factors that expose this human nature.

I agree, but thief get levels, every stealing is evil and bad, even the least but there are ones it is better you ain't caught that ain't defensible with any approach, that was what I meant.
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by IbnB: 9:49pm On Apr 22
Dapromzy333:

https://platinumtimes.ng/breaking-nigeria-army-dismisses-two-soldiers-who-stole-from-dangotes-refinery/

Perhaps they wouldn't have needed a criminal side-hustle if you thieving politicians had been decent enough to pay them a living wage...
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by Pickmycall: 9:50pm On Apr 22
Smartor:

Jacob Gani was at Craneburg construction yard Eleko, some months back before he was transfered to the Refinery
You know them?
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by brain54(m): 9:53pm On Apr 22
Fuckyoumod:
the dismissal came very fast... I hope it's not because their names are not Abubarka, Abdul and Adams?
It could be that...

It could also be the person they stole from is a big name!
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by Badmashiii: 9:55pm On Apr 22
Onyedikachi231:

I agree, but thief get levels, every stealing is evil and bad, even the least but there are ones it is better you ain't caught that ain't defensible with any approach, that was what I meant.

We are saying the same thing.

Truly thieves get levels,our politicians are smart thieves same with some business owners. But at the end they are all thieves.

I get your point though. If you have to thief,do it wisely and smartly and also,ensure that the payoff will be massive if it went successfully.

Petty stealing should be a NO NO.
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by NwaliE01: 10:12pm On Apr 22
This ones trial came so quick and they were dismissed publicly as expected.
We should keep this tempo.
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by KayB: 10:44pm On Apr 22
HALLELUJAH HALLELUJAH,
The G.O has lost some seed planters
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by barinedan(m): 10:58pm On Apr 22
Mere dismissal is not enough, they should be severely punished, there are many soldiers involved in illegal activities, these two should be used as scape goats
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by WantsandMore: 11:43pm On Apr 22
The Nigeria intelligence community shouldn't just let this guys go, now that they've been disgraced they can serve as perfect cover to go covert missions, but naija no send ,naso we lose our best scientists after Civil War
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by crossbreedwears(m): 12:52am On Apr 23
I said it in my last comment that they will be dismissed and not go to jail if their commander os a nice person. It was a fair punishment as far as i am concerned
DMerciful:
That's not enough, they need to be prosecuted and jailed like other criminals
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by crossbreedwears(m): 12:54am On Apr 23
Yes oh. The training still remain in tge blood
ignis:

Not true... Once a soldier, always a soldier.
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by DMerciful(m): 2:09am On Apr 23
What does the law say is the punishment for stealing? A country that does not follow its own laws cannot progress. You're looking at what they stole but they could have stolen billions if they believed they'd get away with it.

The law punishes the act, so if you must be lenient with them, you have to apply that leniency to others currently in jail for stealing. Everyone should be given same treatment under the law
crossbreedwears:
I said it in my last comment that they will be dismissed and not go to jail if their commander os a nice person. It was a fair punishment as far as i am concerned
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 4:29am On Apr 23
brain54:
Your journeys ends here...

What a shame. What a pity...

Lost all because of short gains.

Too bad.

They should be rehabilitated so they do not become a menace to society.

That innocent looks unremorseful!
they're dirty soldiers, they're very useful in combat, Nigerian army no get sense at all. does that offense reach Boko Haram integrated into the army? God might have used this dismissed to save them of soon untimely death sef, because of #50k salary. Nonsense.
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by onuman: 5:26am On Apr 23
The soldiers dismissed must have wanted to own Lexus jeep.
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by tiswell(m): 5:28am On Apr 23
They just got a shot at living a little longer than the ones in service that can die anytime like chickens in the hands of bandits.

God works in mysterious ways
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by Teechamps(m): 5:50am On Apr 23
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by Wande22(m): 6:08am On Apr 23
With the rate of theft going on brazenly, UNASHAMEDLY, and CALLOUSLY in that facility, even the Devil himself dey shockingly shocked.

And funny enough, the news of theft happening there is an OPEN SECRET among people living along that corridor. (I had worked at Eleko/Ibeju-Lekki axis before)
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by galadima77(m): 6:57am On Apr 23
triple996:
A disgrace to d army ..
Chai!!!

It's a disgrace to the individuals involved not the Army.
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by SweetDipBenny(m): 7:14am On Apr 23
Very shameful 😞
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by commoditiesnig: 7:30am On Apr 23
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by crossbreedwears(m): 8:59am On Apr 23
I understand your point bro, but sometimes the person who stands as the Judge can be lenient for some reasons. The first punishment took place which is dismissal offense. Even in advance countries, judges also use their discretion.
DMerciful:
What does the law say is the punishment for stealing? A country that does not follow its own laws cannot progress. You're looking at what they stole but they could have stolen billions if they believed they'd get away with it.

The law punishes the act, so if you must be lenient with them, you have to apply that leniency to others currently in jail for stealing. Everyone should be given same treatment under the law
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by crossbreedwears(m): 9:02am On Apr 23
Bro, sometimes these judges add emotions to their judgments and one can only appeal thereafter.
DMerciful:

Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by Ezini(f): 9:45am On Apr 23
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by package7(m): 10:57am On Apr 23
Daddy Jacob And Son Joseph grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by winner37(m): 11:29am On Apr 23
What a wasted life 😱😱😱
Re: Nigeria Army Dismisses Two Soldiers Who Stole From Dangote’s Refinery by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:43pm On Apr 24

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Arrest 50 Bandits In Katsina, Recover 220 Cows / Nursing Mother Of Two Kidnapped From Her Home In Delta. PICS / Adewale Salawu: How Soldiers Tortured Me, Dragged Me On The Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.