Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,389 members, 7,822,802 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction (16452 Views)

Mr Funny React As Bobrisky Files N1billion Lawsuit Against Him / Court Quashes Bill Cosby's Sex Crimes Conviction, Allowing His Release / Davido And Sophia Momodu At Imade's Hair Care Line Launch. Fans Notice Something (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by CrownLands(m): 12:10pm On Apr 23
SIRTee15:

When I heard bobrisky pleaded guilty I was shocked. How can U plead guilty in front of a Nigerian judge- it's like playing russian roulette with your destiny.
Nigerian judges are very mean and do not understand mercy. The only language they understand is money and influence.
Don't ever plead guilty in a Nigerian court except U are privileged with either money or influence.
Play the long game of adjournment by pleading not guilty. Eventually police will get tired of your case and likely throw away your file or better still just settle them and case close.

The judge then went ahead to sentence him/her a "maximum" sentence without option of a fine/warning.
Not minding it's his/her :
(i) first time persecution
(ii) guilty plea.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by GreatOchuks: 12:58pm On Apr 23
grin grin grin Bobrisky don finally suck the right prick for Prison , dem don de give am better advice .

I was schooling someone here that he shot himself in the foot when he pleaded Guilty, he was arguing blindly.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by DMerciful(m): 1:02pm On Apr 23
Pleading guilty isnt the problem, the circumstances of his trial does not merit the harshest punishment
erniok:

Not squashed. The appeal court will order a retrial if his legal team can proof to the court he was not given fair trial but he pleaded guilty in this case.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by DMerciful(m): 1:08pm On Apr 23
That discretion is where the corrupt influence is applied
garfield1:

Oga,it is within the discretion of a judge to punish a guilty offender however he seems fit.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by erniok(m): 1:10pm On Apr 23
DMerciful:
Pleading guilty isnt the problem, the circumstances of his trial does not merit the harshest punishment
There was no trial. Agreed the sentencing was harsh as a first time offender and there should have been an option of fine.

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by garfield1: 1:22pm On Apr 23
DMerciful:
That discretion is where the corrupt influence is applied

No corrupt influence mr.the punishment is either fine or jail term or both and the judge applies which ever he likes.you cannot determine for him
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by DMerciful(m): 1:23pm On Apr 23
Loool. You're not talking to a foreigner bro
garfield1:

No corrupt influence mr.the punishment is either fine or jail term or both and the judge applies which ever he likes.you cannot determine for him
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Sleekfingers: 2:13pm On Apr 23
Bobrisky buttocks matter
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Exousiang01: 3:03pm On Apr 23
TempUser:
He can appeal after spending the six months first. Then we can consider his chair donations and shake the table!

You no get joy.
Hahahahahah

1 Like

Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Exousiang01: 3:06pm On Apr 23
Kajaard:
A little too late for that.

With all your money you could not hire a good lawyer to advise you not to plead GUILTY?

You had to get a charge and bail lawyer. Those ones that carry those old worn out briefcases and wear coat ( not suit).

I heard the EFCC adviced him to plead guilty so as to get a soft landing.
The mumu and his lawyer fell into the cheap trap.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Exousiang01: 3:24pm On Apr 23
FameGlory:
If Bobrisky needs hardcore evidence of other notable celebrities engaged in Naira Abuse, he should reach out to me.

Let him use it to nail others and prove to the court of being partial.

If he also needs hardcore evidence of Politicians engaging in Fraud, he should reach out to me.

Am talking real video evidence.

Sometimes, it's good to know people in low places.

Read the last line again.

If those Celebrities and Politicians don't file for his immediate release ehn, then we have not started.

Sometimes, blackmail is dish served hot.
Dude already pleaded guilty.
In the court of law providing evidence of other people committing the same offence you are being charged for doesn't help your case in anyway, as a matter of fact not just in the court of law, any where at all.

So I am in court for a rape case, was caught on camera with hundreds of witnesses at the venue and I pleaded guilty but, I am now calling other people who have raped others so I will be freed.... Guy your brain dey work so?

Snitching doesn't help his case and its very easy to kill him if he blackmail the wrong people.
Them go end am sharply.
They are people inside that prison that will kill him for a few of less than 2m.
No reason like small Pikin ohhh.
You have no idea what goes on in this world, else this thought would never cross your mind.

Them go fall that guy like chicken
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Exousiang01: 3:32pm On Apr 23
spartachico:
Bobrisky wey dey house dey do time for house ...una think say him dey kirikiri true true because I wonder why we haven't seen him in uniform
Have you gone to visit him and didn't find him in prison.
What do you young people to with your brains.

Because you haven't seen his pictures on uniform then he is not in prison, imagine your idiotic narrative.
How many pictures of prisoners have you seen ?
You think life revolves around social media.

My heart bleeds for this country when I hear young people talk like this.
What exactly are you people doing with your brains?
You are expecting him to be taking pictures and posting, you think this is some reality TV show?
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Exousiang01: 3:34pm On Apr 23
breezeng:
The prosecutor must have tricked him into pleading guilty by promising him a safe landing. In most cases, the lawyer compromises because they work with the prosecutor behind the accused. Unfortunately, the judge had the instructions of the authority to punish him as a coss dresser. Otherwise, he should have been give the option of a fine.

That was exactly what happened.
But his lawyer should have known better.
I can see he has changed his lawyer, the lawyer handling the appeal is different.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Exousiang01: 3:40pm On Apr 23
fxexperts:
Exactly what i have been saying ever since here. they cannot prove anything. those dumb EFCC folks are lucky they are not in a developed climes otherwise they would have been faced with different lawsuit of claims from different individuals claim that would have caused the FG billions every year and in turn they will been forced to shut down. EFCC an organization filled with dull officers who got their appointment through corruption.

First of all why do you think it will be difficult for him to prove he sprayed fake notes, and it will be easy for them to prove that i actually sprayed genuine notes. The burden will rest on them to prove him guilty of spraying genuine note and they cannot do that. it will be so easy for him to get one or two people he sprayed the money on to confirm that they were doing a skit and the agreed to spray dummy notes.
Secondly on counterfeiting they have to prove the intention to defraud using the counterfeit notes, before a case of counterfeiting can be established, i can tell you most of our security agencies are so dull. look at EMefiele today with all the evidence around him the EFCC could not even convict him of anything.
YOU ARE AN FX EXPERT WITH THIS BRAIN?
I hope you are not trading for anybody ohhh
Ahhhhhh.

Your argument is daft and pointless. The penalty for possessing fake notes is 5 years, so why will anybody with a functional brain want to provide evidence that will put him in jail for 5years?
And you think those two people knowing that lying under oath would give them 2 years would actually do that when EFCC has over 100 more people and video evidences
Emefieles case is still in court, his case has not been concluded so when you said the EFCC could not convict him.........

Ohhh sorry how old are you?
This your whole narrative is that of a child
I am just realizing that you know next to nothing about law. Else you would have known that it's a court of law that can convict someone and not the EFCC and seeing that you are insisting that he should have said he sprayed fake notes which would have given him 5 years tells me you are also daft
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Exousiang01: 3:48pm On Apr 23
DMerciful:

You are not getting us....
YOU NEVER PLEAD GUILTY IN A NIGERIAN COURT.
ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE A BOB RISKY.....
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by fxexperts: 3:53pm On Apr 23
Exousiang01:

YOU ARE AN FX EXPERT WITH THIS BRAIN?
I hope you are not trading for anybody ohhh
Ahhhhhh.

Your argument is daft and pointless. The penalty for possessing fake notes is 5 years, so why will anybody with a functional brain want to provide evidence that will put him in jail for 5years?
And you think those two people knowing that lying under oath would give them 2 years would actually do that when EFCC has over 100 more people and video evidences
Emefieles case is still in court, his case has not been concluded so when you said the EFCC could not convict him.........

Ohhh sorry how old are you?
This your whole narrative is that of a child
I am just realizing that you know next to nothing about law. Else you would have known that it's a court of law that can convict someone and not the EFCC and seeing that you are insisting that he should have said he sprayed fake notes which would have given him 5 years tells me you are also daft
If you truly have sense, then tell me why all this actors and movie producers burning and destroying dollar notes and Naira notes have not been arrested and jailed. or a mumu like you thinks your useless Nigerians government have more respect for the useless naira more than the US have for their dollar. if you can answer this simple question then your sense will tell you what I am saying. Also, as for Emefielefe case your useless EFCC held him for months without any evidence, they arrested him and started looking for evidence, even the dumb evidence they claim to have which i know of is just plain dumb and hold no waters.
Tell me one high profile case the useless EFCC people have ever won in Nigeria. if you are not the dumb one here with a dead brain. EWU Gambia.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Neddyogu(m): 4:02pm On Apr 23
Way to go! Six months in prison for what exactly? They should just tell us what they have against the guy.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Jeboy(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23
You guys didn't get the crux of the matter.

EFCC real case against the Bobrisky is count 5 that has to do with money laundering. They saw huge transfers to his account by influential people. He only bargained to plead guilty to spraying naira so the money laundering can be quashed so he can at least enjoy his hundreds of millions.

He cannot plead innocent against EFCC else theu will bring up the money laundering case. He is only appealing against the maximum sentence given to him. He has a bad case.

GreatOchuks:
grin grin grin Bobrisky don finally suck the right prick for Prison , dem don de give am better advice .

I was schooling someone here that he shot himself in the foot when he pleaded Guilty, he was arguing blindly.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Exousiang01: 8:10pm On Apr 23
fxexperts:
If you truly have sense, then tell me why all this actors and movie producers burning and destroying dollar notes and Naira notes have not been arrested and jailed. or a mumu like you thinks your useless Nigerians government have more respect for the useless naira more than the US have for their dollar. if you can answer this simple question then your sense will tell you what I am saying. Also, as for Emefielefe case your useless EFCC held him for months without any evidence, they arrested him and started looking for evidence, even the dumb evidence they claim to have which i know of is just plain dumb and hold no waters.
Tell me one high profile case the useless EFCC people have ever won in Nigeria. if you are not the dumb one here with a dead brain. EWU Gambia.

This guy is a retard.... you are comparing things that happen in movies to reality?
Okay let me ask you " why do actors who kill in movies not get arrested?" You have a dead brain
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Babinski: 8:57pm On Apr 23
fxexperts:
Exactly what i have been saying ever since here. they cannot prove anything. those dumb EFCC folks are lucky they are not in a developed climes otherwise they would have been faced with different lawsuit of claims from different individuals claim that would have caused the FG billions every year and in turn they will been forced to shut down. EFCC an organization filled with dull officers who got their appointment through corruption.

First of all why do you think it will be difficult for him to prove he sprayed fake notes, and it will be easy for them to prove that i actually sprayed genuine notes. The burden will rest on them to prove him guilty of spraying genuine note and they cannot do that. it will be so easy for him to get one or two people he sprayed the money on to confirm that they were doing a skit and the agreed to spray dummy notes.
Secondly on counterfeiting they have to prove the intention to defraud using the counterfeit notes, before a case of counterfeiting can be established, i can tell you most of our security agencies are so dull. look at EMefiele today with all the evidence around him the EFCC could not even convict him of anything.

1. There are several video evidence of Cubana Chief Priest or No risky spraying currency notes at events. So the prosecution has prima facie evidence of the crime they are accusing the defendant of. If there are no videos, then it is a different story.

2. With each video evidence, the burden is now on the defendant to either prove he is not the person in the video or the currency being sprayed is not genuine.

3. Under the Counterfeit Currency (Special Provisions) Act, production or possession of counterfeit currency is punishable without any consideration of intent to defraud.

https://punchng.com/3234-jailed-for-currency-offences-in-three-years-report/
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by GreatOchuks: 9:02pm On Apr 23
Jeboy:
You guys didn't get the crux of the matter.

EFCC real case against the Bobrisky is count 5 that has to do with money laundering. They saw huge transfers to his account by influential people. He only bargained to plead guilty to spraying naira so the money laundering can be quashed so he can at least enjoy his hundreds of millions.

He cannot plead innocent against EFCC else theu will bring up the money laundering case. He is only appealing against the maximum sentence given to him. He has a bad case.

grin grin grin Then he should pray that the Appeal Court do not order a Retrial at the Lower Court ,,, that will be double jeopardy
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by fxexperts: 9:02pm On Apr 23
Exousiang01:

This guy is a retard.... you are comparing things that happen in movies to reality?
Okay let me ask you " why do actors who kill in movies not get arrested?" You have a dead brain
Your brain is truly that of a dead worm if you do not understand what i am trying say. Mumu there is a thing called dummy notes people do use in showbiz and it is not real ones. You cannot establish a case of counterfeiting a currency with first establishing two things. 1. Illegal printing of the fake currency and 2. intent to defraud with the fake notes. Fool go and get education.
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Prettychild(f): 9:05pm On Apr 23
TouchNfollow:

https://www.channelstv.com/2024/04/22/bobrisky-files-notice-of-appeal-challenges-conviction/
The 6 months imprisonment or the option of fine is at the court’s discretion. Sadly before the Appeal will be heard, he may have served his time
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by spartachico(m): 10:44pm On Apr 23
Na your family I pity ... I will reserve my comments than waste time bantering shit with you
Exousiang01:

Have you gone to visit him and didn't find him in prison.
What do you young people to with your brains.

Because you haven't seen his pictures on uniform then he is not in prison, imagine your idiotic narrative.
How many pictures of prisoners have you seen ?
You think life revolves around social media.

My heart bleeds for this country when I hear young people talk like this.
What exactly are you people doing with your brains?
You are expecting him to be taking pictures and posting, you think this is some reality TV show?
Re: Bobrisky Files Notice Of Appeal, Challenges Conviction by Jeboy(m): 9:49am On Apr 24
Hahaha that's why he is threading with caution. In this day Nogeria it's better to take the 6month jail and retain your 100 of millions than getting freedom to start afresh. The guy knows.

GreatOchuks:

grin grin grin Then he should pray that the Appeal Court do not order a Retrial at the Lower Court ,,, that will be double jeopardy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre's Mother Over Marriage Advice / PWAN STARS Signs Deyemi Okanlawon As Ambassador (Pictures) / Patoranking Thanks Fans And Partners As He Concludes 7 Weeks European Tour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.