Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,046 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four (14901 Views)

NERC Fines 11 DISCOs N10.5bn Over Overbilling Of Unmetered Customers / 11 Discos File Application For Electricity Tariff Review / Senate Moves To Unbundle Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four by maasoap(m): 4:25pm On Apr 23
IbeOkehie:

Sorry, the electricity sector was NOT privatized. It was privatized in the same way that fuel subsidy has been abolished, in the same way the naira has been floated. The same way the PIB supposedly reformed the oil & gas sector.

The Federal Government has ALWAYS been in complete control of the electricity sector.

The Federal Government owns 100% of TCN. That's all the evidence needed without going into much detail. I continue to be amazed at the IGNORANCE of Nigerians.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

Even the minister mentioned the word "privatise" multiple times. We were all alive when power sector was privatised.

Why then are banks and AMCON taking over? Care to explain to us? Have you seen banks and AMCON taking over govt corporations? Lol.

If you have said not 100% privatised, you would have made sense. But you said wasn't privatised! Yet, you don't see yourself as being the ignorant one here. According to you, the power minister is ignorant too.

Then again, did you see me mention TCN? Oversabi dey worry you.

Even with the GENCOS and DISCOS, did you read where Oyo state govt was said to have written the NERC that the state wants to exercise her right of the partial ownership? What did that tell you? It clearly showed that running of those companies (GENCOS and DISCOS) had been left for the private sector since 2013 across the nation with exception of IPP.

You deserve that sorry of yours more than anyone if you think power minister, Jonathan and other Nigerians who know that power sector was privatised are ignorants
Re: FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four by Adesina2306(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23
Oloye Adebayo Adelabu is good in all this figures because he is an accountant,

I hope he delivers well in this power sector.

Metering
Availability of power
Re: FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four by IbeOkehie: 5:00pm On Apr 23
maasoap:

Even the minister mentioned the word "privatise" multiple times. We were all alive when power sector was privatised.

The electricity sector was not privatized just like the naira was not floated.

President Tinubu, President Buhari and former Petroleum Minister Tam David West all told us from 2011 to 2015 that "there's nothing like fuel subsidy". The words of Nigerian politicians mean nothing, everyone has to put their mind to the subject matter at hand and reach logical conclusions based on facts.

Privatized sectors are efficient and productive. That Nigeria still has scarcity of mains electricity proves the point.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four by JAWBONE(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23
Paraman:
Tinubu is not Jonathan

You are right. He is worse than Jonathan

1 Like

Re: FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four by Gerrard59(m): 6:27am On Apr 24
maasoap:

Even with the GENCOS and DISCOS, did you read where Oyo state govt was said to have written the NERC that the state wants to exercise her right of the partial ownership? What did that tell you? It clearly showed that running of those companies (GENCOS and DISCOS) had been left for the private sector since 2013 across the nation with exception of IPP.

You deserve that sorry of yours more than anyone if you think power minister, Jonathan and other Nigerians who know that power sector was privatised are ignorants

Mr Ibe is correct. There are three processes in electricity in the country: generation, transmission and distribution. Ednut has explained here that while there has been privatisation in two of those stages, the government still controls one aspect, which I have forgotten. It is that reason private capital is hesitant to invest since final prices are set by the government.

So, yes, it has NOT been FULLY privatised.

3 Likes

Re: FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four by maasoap(m): 11:28am On Apr 24
Gerrard59:

Mr Ibe is correct. There are three processes in electricity in the country: generation, transmission and distribution. Ednut has explained here that while there has been privatisation in two of those stages, the government still controls one aspect, which I have forgotten. It is that reason private capital is hesitant to invest since final prices are set by the government.

So, yes, it has NOT been FULLY privatised.

You didn't read my first post and his senseless comment that was addressed to me when he quoted me. So, I will indulge you to read and quote where I mentioned TCN and where he mentioned "partial privatisation or not fully privatise" before he resorted to insults.

We told them, don't privatise power sector but some Jonathan asslickers said government has no business being in business. Must everything be business? What happened to social responsibility of the government?
Now, power sector was privatised. And even if power is generated by the GENCOS, their sister which is DISCOS are not ready to receiving and distribute it because they don't have money to pay for adequate power being received from the GENCOS grin grin grin. What a messed up situation

IbeOkehie:

Sorry, the electricity sector was NOT privatized. It was privatized in the same way that fuel subsidy has been abolished, in the same way the naira has been floated. The same way the PIB supposedly reformed the oil & gas sector.

The Federal Government has ALWAYS been in complete control of the electricity sector.

The Federal Government owns 100% of TCN. That's all the evidence needed without going into much detail. I continue to be amazed at the IGNORANCE of Nigerians.

Good Luck to Nigeria.
Re: FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four by IbeOkehie: 12:20pm On Apr 24
maasoap:

You didn't read my first post and his senseless comment that was addressed to me when he quoted me.

Ohhh, I see. I apologize for the insult.

My statement on ignorance was about Nigerians in general. I should have put it in a different context where it wouldn't be seen or taken as personal. Lesson taken.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Unbundle 11 Discos, Orders Sale Of Four by maasoap(m): 8:34pm On Apr 24
IbeOkehie:

Ohhh, I see. I apologize for the insult.

My statement on ignorance was about Nigerians in general. I should have put it in a different context where it wouldn't be seen or taken as personal. Lesson taken.

Good Luck to Nigerians.

Peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rival APC Posters Flood Abuja / Tinubu Aide Blasts Yinka Odumakin, Afenifere’s Spokesman / Zamfara Stalemate Will Be Resolved Before Elections – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.