Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

Erisco Foods: Chioma makes court appearance without a visible baby bump - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Erisco Foods: Chioma makes court appearance without a visible baby bump (208 Views)

Erisco Foods Limited Is In Your Town (Pictures)!!! / Erisco Vs Chioma Okoli: CNN, Dailystar, Reddit, Others Feature Story / Nigerians React As Oyibo People With Igbo Names Review Erisco Products (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Erisco Foods: Chioma makes court appearance without a visible baby bump by Donlineghost(m): 7:39am On Apr 23
The Chioma Egodi Vs Erisco Foods Limited drama has continued to stir reactions online.

A recent post by Egodi's lawyer Inibehe Effion, via his X account on April 18, 2024, featuring a photo of Egodi alongside her lawyer at an Abuja Federal High Court, has once again fueled conversations among netizens largely centered around whether or not Egodi is pregnant as earlier claimed by her husband Chizoba Okoli.

In a Facebook post in January 2024, Okoli claimed that his wife was pregnant following the allegation that police laid siege to her house to re-arrest her.

The video which was then reposted on X By Effiong on January 9, 2024, saw Okoli saying:

"This early morning, the police decided to come to my house to arrest my wife unlawfully without any court warrant, no warrant of arrest.

"My wife is pregnant like I said earlier and I want to state here that if anything happens to my wife or my children and my unborn baby, Eric Umeofia should be held responsible and the IG of police."

https://twitter.com/InibeheEffiong/status/1744745365381726415?t=U-nZ9MaLjNxtD67O88_vvg&s=08

Following the release of the video, many took to social media to condemn Erisco Foods, accusing the company of arresting a pregnant woman.

On March 12, 2024, @PeterObIsComing tweeted: "That Erisco tomato guy said on live TV that he'll rather shutdown Erisco Foods or DIE than let Chioma Egodi, a pregnant woman, go. We'll support him in our own way to achieve his goal of shutting down. Erisco food "e risky o".

@Aimthamachine also tweeted: "This is typical of Eric Nnamdi Umeofia. Because of his connections with the Nigerian Police and the IGP, he is using the police to oppress a customer (Chioma Egodi) whose only offense was posting a review of Erisco tomato puree. And the woman is pregnant too."

However, recent developments, including the absence of a visible baby bump in photos taken in April 2024, challenge Egodi's previous assertions.

This contradiction has further intensified the discussions surrounding Egodi's case and the authenticity of her previous claims.

The saga began in September 2023 when Egodi was arrested following her critical comment about Erisco Foods Limited's product, Nagiko Mix, which she alleged was killing people.

"Help me advise your brother to stop ki***ing (killing) people with his product, yesterday was my first time using and it's pure sugar. Tueh!," Egodi replied to a Facebook user who had advised that she laid her complaint with the company's customer service rather than bring it to social media.

Her remark, accusing the product of killing people, quickly caught the attention of authorities after Erisco Foods Limited filed a complaint with the police.

Despite Egodi's subsequent release, she garnered media attention by claiming she was pregnant during her detention, a claim that sparked sympathy and further controversy.

However, recent developments have contradicted Egodi's assertions. New photos circulating online, depicting Egodi and her lawyer in court on April 18, 2024, reveal that she is neither pregnant nor in detention as previously speculated since January 2024

Re: Erisco Foods: Chioma makes court appearance without a visible baby bump by PlasmaTV: 8:05am On Apr 23
Some pregnancies aren't visible for a long time.
Re: Erisco Foods: Chioma makes court appearance without a visible baby bump by Enitan30: 4:12pm On Apr 23
This appears to be a complex situation with various perspectives. It's important to consider all sides before drawing conclusions. I hope for a fair resolution for everyone involved.
Re: Erisco Foods: Chioma makes court appearance without a visible baby bump by Obierika(m): 5:40pm On Apr 23
Next time she will think twice before she runs her mouth carelessly

(1) (Reply)

FCMB UK Launches Personal, Business Banking Proposition To Deepen Inclusiveness / For A Secured Retirement Life Opt To Invest With SMSF / Naira Weakens Marginally Against Dollar At Parallel Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.