Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,112 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy (29838 Views)

Akpabio Faces Rejection At Home Over Incessant Outbursts …as Kinsmen Advocate Le / Ozekhome Lists 9 Reasons Why CCT Arrest Order For CJN Onnoghen Is A 'vendetta' / 9 Reasons Why The Suspension Of The CJN Is Constitutional - PoliticsNGR.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by GreaterFuture(m): 1:36pm On Apr 23
Okay...
Which west African or central African countries, that are not visa free to USA, get smooth application processes and high approvals the most to the USA?
This I wanna know
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by Raskimonojendor: 1:37pm On Apr 23
Some of us fit enter America as we like.
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by Sleekfingers: 1:37pm On Apr 23
Wahala for who dey use Nigerian passport
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by NothingDoMe: 1:42pm On Apr 23
CelestineNelson:
When are they going to start their visa lottery?
Still ongoing. Nigeria is exempted because we normally exceed the 50,000 number of immigrants in the five-year requirement.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by Amayabor1: 1:43pm On Apr 23
helinues:
Documents and account statements.

Those 2 are really important

Including family ties back home!
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by JONSYN7154: 1:45pm On Apr 23
allthingsgood:

Story
Sometimes there is no reason. They will just say no to everybody that day.
you are right.

Some days they'll give to 6 people and the rest will be denied.

Other days they'll give to almost everybody except few.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by NothingDoMe: 1:45pm On Apr 23
helinues:

Lol. They hardly look at documents.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by uunwanaobong3: 1:47pm On Apr 23
5 ways of bedding and dating any lady of your choice... I am a retired legend in this area:

1. Be well dressed:
whether you want to dress casually,cooperate or roughly, always do it well. Here there are no rules, the only rule is to do it well.
Even if you don't have money, with this she will be spending on you.

2. Own a car:
Ladies hate discomfort. A car helps you to talk less and pay less. It is very handy in this business.

3. Furnished your bedroom:
whether it is one bedroom apartment, It doesn't matter. Your bedroom is the alter where all the reggae and blues go happen. Even if you forget to furnished your parlor, never forget to furnished your bedroom.

4. Installed Air conditioner(AC) in your bedroom and subscribe your Gotv/Dstv especially for zeeworld and also have a generator to power the AC.
You will realized that you need it.

5. Always take your bath and look clean.
Ladies always love fresh guys

Do these 5 things and thank me later
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by helinues: 1:48pm On Apr 23
NothingDoMe:

That's why reasonable number of visa are being rejected cos most of them can come up with good account balance, but you see the documents, that's where people always get it wrong

1 Like

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by onuman: 1:48pm On Apr 23
The US visa refusniks in the embassies are doing good to Nigerians indirectly, and perhaps unknown to the US visa officers.
As Nigerians from the south move out of Nigeria because of economic difficulties, Islamic fighters from the Sahel region of West Africa move into the south of Nigeria to occupy the vacant position.

Close to a million Nigerians from the south who JAPPAd since the trend started during the 1980s have not returned to Nigeria because the country has remained unfavourable to them to return to. Islamic fighters have since moved down south to occupy the spaces they left.
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by NothingDoMe: 1:52pm On Apr 23
helinues:

That's why reasonable number of visa are being rejected cos most of them can come up with good account balance, but you see the documents, that's where people always get it wrong
US doesn't necessarily look at account balance. You should visit Nairaland travel section. You'll learn a lot. Even read old comments by Visa Officers themselves on Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by ayoolataiwo(m): 1:57pm On Apr 23
Timoleon:

Because times are hard, you are looking for applicable prison in the USA? Goodluck to you o.
its a typo error,I mean PERSON nt prison
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by samtol4(m): 2:00pm On Apr 23
helinues:

The US embassy does not ask for any bank statement while you apply for tourist / visiting visa.More importantly ,they don't even look at most documents .
The main things are :
1. Current situation ( employed or not employed )
2. Home ties
Even if you have bank statement of 20m they can still deny you .

5 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by samtol4(m): 2:02pm On Apr 23
Washington2070:
Proof of Funds and your documents must not have any commas.

I hope you Gerrit it?
For visiting / tourist visa proof of funds not needed .
The main thing is
1. Current situation ( employ in a company or not employ or self employ) . What you are currently doing is paramount
2. Home ties

3 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by samtol4(m): 2:03pm On Apr 23
NothingDoMe:
US doesn't necessarily look at account balance. You should visit Nairaland travel section. You'll learn a lot. Even read old comments by Visa Officers themselves on Nairaland.

100%
Proof of funds / bank statement not needed
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by t2luv1: 2:04pm On Apr 23
Great100000:

https://businessday.ng/news/article/japa-9-reasons-for-visa-rejection-at-the-us-embassy/

Number one thing that people fail at "LOOKING DOWN WHEN A QUESTION IS ASKED" When in an interview with an American first he or she notices is if you're looking straight into their eyes when they are asking you a question. Looking down indicates right away that you are not being truthful. Popular American saying "Look into my eyes goddammit".

4 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by Badgers14: 2:09pm On Apr 23
panpan:
What is disheartening are the non-refundable fees that the applicants pay for a visa refusal.

It is obvious that the United States embassy and consulates are being maintained by visa application fees. As long as the money keeps flowing in, they will continue this mode of operation. Who would reject a "business" of making over N50m each working day?

What can we do?

If a foreign entity snubs you, you may snub them back. Only apply for a US visa if it is very important to you and there is no other option. Boycott the US visa application if possible.

Consider the US visa application as a gamble; only pay the application fees with money that you can afford to lose (in other words, money that you do not need for anything else).

Non-governmental organizations (NGOs), agents and lawyers, who are involved in immigration issues may start a campaign against US visa applications. Let the general public be sensitized against wasting hard-earned money on a foreign entity, especially when there is no positive result.

The new U.S consulate in Eko Atlantic is one of the most expensive consulate the U.S have worldwide.. how do you think they were able to commit that kind of money there?

2 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by airsaylongcome: 2:27pm On Apr 23
CelestineNelson:

We have been ineligible for the DV visa lottery for many years now. Too many Nigerians have japa'd to the US

2 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by airsaylongcome: 2:28pm On Apr 23
Lurdmax10:
But for B1/B2 visa category, no document is checked

Not necessarily true. They do verify statements in your application before the day of the interview

1 Like

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by PulaPower: 2:35pm On Apr 23
NothingDoMe:
Says who?

In fact, yankee visa isn’t really money, nah documents..

You don’t even need any agent to get a USA visa if you sabi documentation. I know this cuz a friend of mine tried it and he’s now in Chicago. He did everything himself on their website..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by SweetDipBenny(m): 2:42pm On Apr 23
I hate US embassy angry They can reject you for no reason, even before your appointment you've already been denied 😒 better find another country and apply from there
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by fkj950ax(m): 2:56pm On Apr 23
Great100000:

-rejection-at-the-us-embassy/

The US Visa doesn’t require Sufficient Documents or Bank Statements. You can’t submit or upload it.

How a whole BD Editorial Team allow this to be published in their name is sad.
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by safariman(m): 3:16pm On Apr 23
Anybody that wants to japa to the US, just have your host start by applying through NVC, St. Albans
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by dotdauda: 3:30pm On Apr 23
Nice write up
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by bobntu: 3:37pm On Apr 23
Why would someone who has not yet been issued a visa be expected to have made definite travel plans?
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by Monaboo(m): 3:40pm On Apr 23
Why can't Nigerians just apply for M.Sc in UK from Nigeria and do the whole course in Nigeria.

Who is going as an International student again to be paying between £15,000 - £21,000 to UK Government?

Something even UK home students can not even pay.

When I tried applying for M.Sc from Nigeria to UK, I was given £2900 for a course of close £15,000.

That means I'm paying just £2,900.

That's is a very huge discount for a UK Masters degree.

It is available for every course even B.Sc.

And I'm doing the course in Nigeria.

I don't need to travel.

I would advise everybody to do same.

Once I finish the UK M.Sc, I will quickly use my UK M.Sc and apply for Fully Funded P.hD program in USA (all expense paid with Tution, Accomodation and Monthly Stipend).

We all know USA gives out Fully Funded Ph.D scholarship like water. Some even come with Stipend sef.

And they can never refuse you visa at the embassy once they see Fully Funded on your letter.

And boom...I'm in USA.

With ease and I won't spend much atall.

That is smart thinking.

Or I use my UK M.Sc to apply for Visa Sponsorship jobs in UK or Middle East Countries (Dubai, UAE, Quatar, Saudi Arabia). Even USA too.

Western countries love UK Degrees.

No go apply for job in Western Countries with with your Nigerian degree o.

Ya eye go tear.

And before u know it, I have Japad easily.

Imagine getting a UK Masters degree without even leaving the comfort of my own home while paying a very cheap amount.

Am I not blessed?

That is smart thinking.

I feel for those that are struggling to Japa or have Japad and are paying close to £19,000 as school fees to UK Government as an International student.

USA is the goal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by Jandminded: 4:10pm On Apr 23
helinues:

Depends on the documents you are presenting

Let's say Education
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by OChimex: 4:14pm On Apr 23
helinues:

Not really. I had a professor friend who lectures at one of the teaching hospitals in the East, and have been traveling to different countries including America for vacations annually denied a visa. 😆🤣

The honest Truth is, America wants to make it hard for anybody to come into their country legally unless they are sure that you will add greatly to the greatness of the US.

The sad reality is that most of the stupid dumb things happening in the US, majority are done by immigrants. Sad truth. Again, their politness and truthfulness, decency civility in their culture are being watered down by most of these mumu immigrants
Wait until trumps comes in again. 😆🤣😂😹

1 Like

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by tiptoe1: 4:26pm On Apr 23
Well you've listed good points but you should also remember that VO's enjoy what is known as ''diplomatic immunity''

They can reject you for reasons like looking too ugly, being too short or tall, or having too much money
shown on your pof which makes the vo feel insecure, and there is nothing you or your govt can do about it. They won't tell the real reason for sure, they'll tell you you're being denied cuz you couldn't prove hometies.

You're still at the mercy of the vo even if your over qualified

2 Likes

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by HenryWilliams(m): 6:59pm On Apr 23
CelestineNelson:

Nigeria can't be eligible for a very long time.
We've met our quota years ago

1 Like

Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by AskNgige2: 7:11pm On Apr 23
ovie8200:

Hehehehehe, it's not happening anytime soon nor in the near future grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin!

Even if they start.. Nigeria won't be among
Re: Japa: 9 Reasons For Visa Rejection At The US Embassy by DeltaBachelor(m): 7:34pm On Apr 23
Informative! To start the process with perfect IELTS scores, contact us below !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Visits Reuben Fasoranti, Afenifere Leader For Condolence / Kogi West: Dino Melaye Speaks On The Conduct Of The Election (Video) / A Former Dictator Is A Better Choice Than A Failed President - THE ECONOMIST

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.