Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards (6155 Views)

Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? / What Is The Full Meaning Of Glo? / What Is The Full Meaning Of Glo? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by cj1080(m): 3:51pm On Nov 19, 2011
imagine buying a recharge card and being told that its a wrong pin code. You call their customer care and ur told u got to wait 12hours before u can reload or call.
Thats wat i just went thru, said to pass the info out on what i heard from their customer care.
The recharge cards with the serial numbers begining with 891 or 781 can't be loaded. I asked then why produce them if the can't be loaded, they say its an error on their part.
In essence we as the users don't need to know that there are bogus cards produced by glo,so we should just buy them and then find out ourselves that their cards have issues. Pure dumb.
So if anyone has experienced the same, or not. Pass the word.

Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Gboliwe: 4:33pm On Nov 19, 2011
It also happened to me. Bought a N200 card last week and it said I had dialed the wrong pin. I have called them more than 10 times to report and they keep asking me to be patient that it'l recharge soon.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by LordReed(m): 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2011
Why not just return the card to the seller instead of giving yourself hassles?

It happened to me too and I had the card returned to the vendor who replaced it with a functioning one, no story.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Gboliwe: 8:30pm On Nov 19, 2011
I felt pity or compassion (dont know which it was) for the woman who had a crying baby strapped to her back. Its her means of livelihood and I also know the fault wasnt from her and believed I could fix it with the customer care
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Konnektions146(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2011
Lord_Reed:

It happened to me too and I had the card returned to the vendor who replaced it with a functioning one, no story.

chikina!!!
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by splitnaija(m): 6:58pm On Nov 22, 2011
Gboliwe:

I felt pity or compassion (dont know which it was) for the woman who had a crying baby strapped to her back. Its her means of livelihood and I also know the fault wasnt from her and believed I could fix it with the customer care

good, this is how to be a good citizen. at least people reading this now know there are bogus glo cards out there and will be more careful. and if more publicity is generated on this issue to the extent that glo customers start avoiding glo cards as an interim measure, i'm sure glo as a firm will rise up to her responsibilty to humbly withdraw such cards from circulkation with an apology to the public for all inconveniences caused.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2011
Lord_Reed:

And the seller will refund ur money just like, u never jam, go and buy and return it to the seller and lets see if u get ur money back
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Evans5050: 7:18pm On Nov 22, 2011
If it is a SEALED card the seller has no issue

just call customer care.

and customer care is a bit frustrating.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by OmoTier1(m): 7:25pm On Nov 22, 2011
@OP and others!

I am not a spokes person for GLO, but I can confirm that Glo had technical issue with thier Glo card N200 in particular all through last week and service activation occured over the weekend and all Glo N200 are suppose to be useable as from monday the 20th of November 2011.So if you have thrown away that Glo card, go reuse it as it will be credited to your account this time around.

Hope this helps.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by dani1luv: 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2011
mine is different, twas say the recharge has bin used, in which the vendor changed for me twice still the same repnrt, but on the fourth card sha it entered
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Gboliwe: 7:45pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mine got credited today.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Gboliwe: 7:46pm On Nov 22, 2011
Mine got credited today.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by mrofficial(m): 7:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
OYO lowa. Your line will not be recharged.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by paradigman(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2011
I had the same experience, called customer care tire, sent mail without reply, got frustrated and finally gave up on it. It is sad. Yeye people. Imagine what could have happened in an emergency. Shiooooooooooo,
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by OmoTier1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2011
paradigman:

I had the same experience, called customer care tire, sent mail without reply, got frustrated and finally gave up on it. It is sad. Yeye people. Imagine what could have happened in an emergency. Shiooooooooooo,
At bold, this can happen on any network. I have had similar experience with O2 and 3 in the UK, and if there was emergence, oh well blame your government for not knowing the importance of setting up a national emergency number. A project that would cost far less than $5M for full nationwide deployment and coverage!
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by blackboi(m): 8:31pm On Nov 22, 2011
i've been a loyal glo subscriber since 2007 with no real benefits sad

i've enjoyed over N 2000 airtime to call anynetwork inside 9ja in less than 2months on my Etisalat cheesy.
free internet access + free on-net SMS

thank God for Etisalat cheesy cheesy
[I seek refuge from NL defamers]
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Asum: 8:36pm On Nov 22, 2011
It is obvious, Glo are having issues with their billing system. I was using one of their business lines as my primary line, have been using it since they commenced operation, but had to drop it finally two months ago due to issues with their billing system that they simply could not resolve. You load the line and you have to wait hours or days to have it credited, you call customer services and they can only apologize to you that it is because of a “system upgrade”. Finally got fed up and had to let them go.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Gboliwe: 8:40pm On Nov 22, 2011
paradigman:

Do you still have the card? Dash me now? The serial and PINs are what I need. I have patience with the CC
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:50pm On Nov 22, 2011
blackboi:

i've been a loyal glo subscriber since 2007 with no real benefits sad

i've enjoyed over N 2000 airtime to call anynetwork inside 9ja in less than 2months on my Etisalat cheesy.
free internet access + free on-net SMS

thank God for Etisalat cheesy cheesy
[I seek refuge from NL defamers]
yes ohh
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by babanne(m): 3:35am On Nov 23, 2011
Really i was annoyed (still annoyed) because i have two glo lines both of which have been rendered useless for more than one week because of this problems. i traveled from lagos to osun state last week where i had the same problem with N200 glo card.then as i was coming i bought another N100 glo card and untill now i cannot load it as well.yesterday i met my colleague working in glo and asked him what the problem was.after calling one of his colleagues in glo he said we should buy another N100 card. we loaded that on my line and it was succsessful.but the former N100 could not be loaded.he also warned me that the N200 cards have issues that i should be loading N500 cards. i was not satisfied. To make the matter worse the, after loading the N100 card on my line, the line could not make calls nor send SMS. It was frustrating. then i told my glo friend.he didnt have any tangible thing to say.i only expressed my annoyance with their services. Only in Nigeria can this be done and the service provide continue to smile to the banks.Its time Nigerians wake up from their slumber
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by fogman1(m): 6:34am On Nov 23, 2011
Yes, i had same experience on monday and after more than 20 attempts, i finally got across to CS. They told me, they have issues with the Man U card. Up till this moment, i ve not been able to recharge it, even wen they told me 12 hour it ll be resolve.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by toyboy1(m): 8:06am On Nov 23, 2011
I bet this doesnt apply to only GLO, i once bought MTN recharge card for N750, scratched it my self to load and it keeps telling me pin does not exist, on calling customer service and giving the recharge card serial number to then; i was told the card doesnt exist to my wildest imagination. I asked the call centre agent if then the card was fake, i wasn't given any answer.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by obode(m): 8:20am On Nov 23, 2011
I bought one ince on monday and uptill this moment i have been unable to load it .
I will return it to the vendor i bought it from.this is just another crabb from glo.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 23, 2011
[size=14pt]What's the essence on loading when you won't be able to call out anyway undecided, Glo is a Virus in the telecoms sector[/size]
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by wellheads(m): 9:24am On Nov 23, 2011
I experienced this twice last week, and was informed by a staff in glo customer care that it is peculiar to "glo Man U" cards. For those of us that have had the experience, can you confirm if your cards were glo Man U cards?
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by pheesayor(m): 10:10am On Nov 23, 2011
mine still hasn't worked up till this moment
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by Goodnessy: 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2011
It happened to me too. The stupid company recharged me after 72 hrs. Have you also noticed how calls cant go through even when you recharge. Glo is something else. It amazes me if they dont know these is happening.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by kummie1(f): 1:37pm On Nov 23, 2011
Yeah its the Glo Man U card, haven't be able to recharge since 5days now, i hope they are able to fix it so i can still use my card
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by DICKtator: 2:25pm On Nov 23, 2011
Lord_Reed:

What if one bought it from a vendor in an area he doesn't even reside in? If it was a vendor that can not be located nko? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by LordReed(m): 3:58pm On Nov 23, 2011
@odiaero
My post was quite short and direct. I returned mine and it was replaced, I didn't ask for the money to be refunded.
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by purplekayc(m): 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2011
@dictator:then u will have to 4get da card , grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Glo's Bogus Cards by velo10: 1:37am On Nov 24, 2011
Mine is yet to load. what a shame

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Make Your OPERAMINI BROWSER Surf The Net Very Fast Like Ucweb / How To Survive Glo Slow Network (how To Slow With Pride) / How To Get 4mb On Airtel With Just N10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.