Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

“yahaya Bello Took $720k From State Coffers To Pay His Child’s School Fees” - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “yahaya Bello Took $720k From State Coffers To Pay His Child’s School Fees” (81 Views)

"Yahaya Bello Paid His Child's School Fees With $720k From Government Account" / Rochas Okorocha: I Am Leaving N42.5b In Imo Coffers / Amaechi Reveals The Amount Of Money Jonathan Left In Government Coffers (2) (3) (4)

(1)

“yahaya Bello Took $720k From State Coffers To Pay His Child’s School Fees” by samebony1: 8:45am On Apr 24
Ola Olukoyede, chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), says Yahaya Bello, former governor of Kogi, withdrew $720,000 from the state’s coffers to pay his child’s school fee in advance.

Olukoyede spoke in Abuja on Tuesday during an interactive session with media executives.

The EFCC boss alleged that the former Kogi governor transferred money from the state coffers to a bureau de change operator, and used the money for his child’s school fee in advance.

Olukoyede added that Bello made the payment in anticipation that his tenure was gradually coming to an end.
“A sitting governor, because he knew he was leaving office, moved money directly from the government to bureau de change and used it to pay his child’s school fee in advance,” the EFCC boss said.

“Over $720,000 in anticipation that he was going to leave the government house. In a poor state like Kogi, you want me to close my eyes under the guise of ‘I’m being used’. Used by who? At this stage of my life.”

Olukoyede said he inherited the case file of the former Kogi governor, noting that he did not initiate the investigation against Bello.
“A sitting governor, because he knew he was leaving office, moved money directly from the government to bureau de change and used it to pay his child’s school fee in advance,” the EFCC boss said.

“Over $720,000 in anticipation that he was going to leave the government house. In a poor state like Kogi, you want me to close my eyes under the guise of ‘I’m being used’. Used by who? At this stage of my life.”

Olukoyede said he inherited the case file of the former Kogi governor, noting that he did not initiate the investigation against Bello.
Subsequently, the anti-graft agency declared the former governor wanted.

The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has also placed Bello on a watchlist.

The anti-graft agency alleged that Bello, alongside Alli Bello, chief of staff to Ododo; and one Daudu Suleiman, diverted about N80.2 billion belonging to the Kogi government.
Re: “yahaya Bello Took $720k From State Coffers To Pay His Child’s School Fees” by Corrections: 8:47am On Apr 24
Terrible
Re: “yahaya Bello Took $720k From State Coffers To Pay His Child’s School Fees” by Mynd44: 8:55am On Apr 24

(1)

El Rufai,kaduna State House Of Assembly Has Launched An Investigation. / Yahaya Bello, Hadi Sirika: The Reckless Duo! By Olawale Olaleye / Yahaya Bello: EFCC Chairman’s Conduct Suggest Vendetta, Not Fight Against Corrup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.