Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians (511 Views)

German police arrest 11 Nigerians over dating scam / German Police Uncovers World's Largest Child Abuse Website With 400,000 Users / APC UK Shares Video Of 13 Nigerian Foreign Students Busted In Online Dating Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by OZIOGU1: 2:33pm On Apr 24
The German Police on Wednesday announced the arrest of 11 suspected members of a Nigerian mafia group behind a large-scale dating scam.

Bavarian police said in a statement that the gang was involved internationally in “multiple areas of criminal activity”, with a focus in Germany on dating scams and money-laundering.

The police said that the dating trick was a modern form of marriage fraud. The German Police on Wednesday announced the arrest of 11 suspected members of a Nigerian mafia group behind a large-scale dating scam.

Bavarian police said in a statement that the gang was involved internationally in “multiple areas of criminal activity”, with a focus in Germany on dating scams and money-laundering.

The police said that the dating trick was a modern form of marriage fraud.

“Using false identities, the fraudsters for example signalled their intention to marry and in the course of further contact repeatedly demand money under various pretexts,” the police said.

The police added that the money was subsequently transferred to in Nigeria via financial agents.

Explaining further, the German Police said the gang used a “commodity-based money laundering” scheme where products, often with a seeming “charitable purpose”, were bought and delivered to Nigeria. https://dailypost.ng/2024/04/24/dating-scam-german-police-arrest-11-nigerians/
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by Dundalk(m): 2:37pm On Apr 24
sad

Omo e no easy, people are doing wetin go make them survive nowadays.. But just few are selfish that's why..

May God make it easy for us all..

undecided
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by Yugoslavia247(m): 2:44pm On Apr 24
If everyone was a scammer who will be scammed.
Stop fraud.
Think outside the box
Join agbado politics
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by TheGoodFellow: 2:57pm On Apr 24
Man just dey do everything to chop.
Life no easy I swear
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by Natbrowny: 3:02pm On Apr 24
U dey naija dey do love scam to cash out

U left naija coz govt Effed up big time

U went to Germany to escape the country's hardship

While in Germany, u did same thing u did in naija to still cash out. If u weren't caught, u go still intimidate the rest wey still dey naija say dey shud japa to greener zones.

Nigeria has frustrated us all to seek greener pasture elsewhere which is still hard.
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by dominique(f): 3:48pm On Apr 24
Japa by all means to go and constitute nuisance there, nonsense sets of people

2 Likes

Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by papyjaypaul: 4:22pm On Apr 24
The reason why this is in the news is because it has to do with the cult group, but this scam is everywhere now because of internet and social media.
Don't forget when BBC put that documentary out on NBM. The Germans are worried that with the money, they will be funding their criminal activities across Europe. This same was caught in Canada for car theft and exports.

Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by kingthreat(m): 4:38pm On Apr 24
While NBM members dey kill themselves for superiority for Nigeria, for abroad dem dey run fulltime organized crime.
Better making money abroad than getting killed over game in Naija. All in all, say no to cultism.

1 Like

Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by Emmanuel909090: 6:54pm On Apr 24
Why can't Nigerians, work?
Work and make money, leave scam.
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by oz4real83(m): 7:04pm On Apr 24
Dundalk:
sad

Omo e no easy, people are doing wetin go make them survive nowadays.. But just few are selfish that's why..

May God make it easy for us all..

undecided
just listen to yourself angry sad. Stealing from people is now the best way to go? Have you seen the kind of expensive lives these thieves are living? The people they are stealing from don't live such lives.
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by Dundalk(m): 7:08pm On Apr 24
oz4real83:
just listen to yourself angry sad. Stealing from people is now the best way to go? Have you seen the kind of expensive lives these thieves are living? The people they are stealing from don't live such lives.
u misunderstood,

They are very Greedy that's what I mean..
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by oz4real83(m): 7:09pm On Apr 24
Dundalk:
u misunderstood,

They are very Greedy that's what I mean..
i misunderstood nothing, you said they are doing it to survive because things are hard. Is everybody not under the same hard times, including their victims?
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by Dundalk(m): 7:14pm On Apr 24
oz4real83:
i misunderstood nothing, you said they are doing it to survive because things are hard. Is everybody not under the same hard times, including their victims?
thank you.. I might be wrong...because of hardship wey dey wipe me..

Omo guy my brain need reset as hunger take wire me..

Make i drop aza OG for little token..
Re: Dating Scam: German Police Arrest 11 Nigerians by 1000Capacity: 8:52pm On Apr 24

(1) (Reply)

Arsonists Set Rivers PDP Secretariat On Fire / Death Toll Zamfara As Cattle Rustlers Kill Villagers / Jihadists Kill 28 Christians On Kenyan Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.