Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:10 AM

Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV (43202 Views)

Multichoice Hikes Dstv, GOTV Prices After $72m Forex Loss / DSTV Hikes Subscription Fees For Second Time In 2023 / Did Dstv Eventually Increase Their Subscription Prices? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by mercy87(f): 7:44pm On Apr 24
Them call me today say I no subscribe. I tell the babe say make she warn her ogas make them no disturb me again! Say I no go ever load again except maybe person wan dash me free money! I have Instagram, Netflix, nairaland..wetin I wan load again. 4 times they have increased prices within a year...kai I wish Nigerians boycot this people ooo.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Adewale1603(m): 7:44pm On Apr 24
Oxtertee:
Okan won o ni bale.

They should come and retrieve their decoder with me. Where is the money to be wasting around on old outdated movies on repetition.
that's the most annoying thing. They will be giving us old outdated movies and same repetitive movies all the time.
When one can watch latest 2023 and 2024 Nollywood movies on YouTube, very cheap and time saving.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by jamesversion: 7:47pm On Apr 24
Ade1177:

Govt as how

Nigerians and calling govt

If it's not okay by you
Leave their product for them

It's a company running on profit

It's like calling govt to tell someone to reduce the price of his product

Mind you
There are so many other options
Aside dstv and gotv

Then why is the government trying to enforce price reduction in supermarkets by sending their agents to supermarkets to picket them. Then can aswell allow everyone in Nigeria to run riot with whatever good or service they provide.

Isn't it concerning that a commodity increased from N9,000 to N15,700 in 2years.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by emmysoftyou: 7:51pm On Apr 24
mobileboy:

that is it
thanks got it

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by freemanq(m): 7:54pm On Apr 24
Thank God for strong free to Air

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Major1984(m): 7:57pm On Apr 24
Iceking1:

This is free to air, I watch all Premier league, LA Liga, series A, champions league etc matches.

Not even one single match that would be missed, not even one.

The decoder is 48k, then u connect ur Hotspot, watching for 12 hours takes about 6mb Guy stop posting this here cos of DStv agents, I sell it too but I don't advertise it

If u subscribe 500 naira or 1000 it'd last u for the whole of the month and even expire.
. Guy stop advertise it here before DStv agents report it and they will block it. I sell it too but I don't advertise it.

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Yuneehk(f): 7:58pm On Apr 24
Nigerians will still sub after talking. People should just come together and leave this people. Everyday, new price, and this is for something that I'll watch only in the evening when I get back from work and on weekends IF there is light. If there is no light for a month, subscription is wasted.

Tsew!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by oviexcels(m): 7:58pm On Apr 24
Metro digital (SLTV) is the solution

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by superCleanworks(m): 8:08pm On Apr 24
belej2:

Pls what’s the meaning of 480p

it refers to video quality. you can find it in your settings for YouTube and other video viewing platforms. Most people don't know and they leave it at 1080p then data will zap in one minute. But if you adjust it, data runs normal and the view is still clear.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by gemini35(m): 8:15pm On Apr 24
If people can boycott indomie ,and they later bring the price down we can do same to gotv and the rest of them,
in south Africa dstv is pay as you go, why is this country in mess the poor can't breathe, they still want to hike it,let's watch and see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Schprobs: 8:16pm On Apr 24
Jeezuzpick:
Make una no go buy smart TV...

How many Gigabytes you wan buy with ₦30k, wey you go get access to almost all video wey dey internet?

Smart TV get access to watch live football or dstv
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by gemini35(m): 8:23pm On Apr 24
Nebes:

As in eeh!
We that have children are the worst hit. All the nice children's channels are in the expensive bouquets. The children don't even understand. All they know is for their cartoons to be showing.
I Think the best is to load cartoon in card reader for the kids,since is the same cartoon they keep showing everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by maasoap(m): 8:28pm On Apr 24
shedy03:

For children's cartoons and madams zeeworld oooo. lol.
Suggest a better alternative pls.

I'm talking about inability to even enjoy the subscription due to incessant power outage. Free to Air decoder is the best choice for now

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Exceed15: 8:30pm On Apr 24
What about SLTV..
Who has tried it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Iceking1(m): 8:30pm On Apr 24
Major1984:
. Guy stop advertise it here before DStv agents report it and they will block it. I sell it too but I don't advertise it.

Okay, tank's for the clarification... I will take down my post.... You've a very valid point.

Post taken down...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by maasoap(m): 8:33pm On Apr 24
Trustmea:

Dollar is 1350 now

Too much for a single day drop, what is really happening?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by saysugar(m): 8:36pm On Apr 24
Amigoss:
"Fccpc,dss and efcc should jail,arrest and close down multichoice cheesy grin,imagine dollars is going down and they are still increasing the price of their products,Greedy and wicked Nigerians!!!"
but they will announce 150million for bbn ss9 winner nah?? Won't they make the money?

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Automolite: 8:37pm On Apr 24
Na to go get free tv and startimes oh..I nor get strength gaskiya!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Albertgr8: 8:40pm On Apr 24
If they like let it 1 million
I don't care no light for 2 month now in Anambra State

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Measle: 8:41pm On Apr 24
kingzjay:

Why would I joke over that.... Something I had abandoned. I started using it back oh. The guy who helped me in the installation is suggesting I get another LNB so I can get more channels... It's working perfectly. FREE
So when you installed a new lnb it started working?
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Shezy001: 8:49pm On Apr 24
Mopolchi:
I don stop to recharge since this January

Mine is since last year may I stopped sub.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Namdeenero(m): 8:52pm On Apr 24
greggng:

Does Netflix show cnn and aljasera news channels? I thought is only movies ? At my age what should I be doing with movies ?
They’re all possible on an android tv, just connect to the internet and stream
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by shedy03(m): 8:53pm On Apr 24
maasoap:

I'm talking about inability to even enjoy the subscription due to incessant power outage. Free to Air decoder is the best choice for now
You are very right.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by shidof(m): 8:54pm On Apr 24
kingzjay:
Since beginning of the year, I had returned to my Strong Decoder... Free to Air
How you dey run am??
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by kingzjay(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24
Measle:

So when you installed a new lnb it started working?

Anybody who installs DStv will install it
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Hopez456(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24
greggng:

Does Netflix show cnn and aljasera news channels? I thought is only movies ? At my age what should I be doing with movies ?
aljasera l,CNN and others are live on YouTube. There are other news apps that shows live.
Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by DaRuud(m): 9:14pm On Apr 24
DStv increases prices.

Nigerians : "This is Despicable Preposterous, obnoxious & Circumspect, let's marinate & Boycott them!"

Other Nigerians : "We need competition for DStv. HiTV and TSTV,
Nigerians ; Let's subscribe Dstv

A few months later, DStv increases prices again.

Dapromzy333
post=129612332:

https://platinumtimes.ng/just-in-multichoice-announces-price-adjustment-for-dstv-gotv-packages/

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by ufuosman(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24
profeoo:
Unbelievable!

Time to pack up my decoder.
exactly my mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by ufuosman(m): 9:16pm On Apr 24
After dis my sun finish, I go pack am

1 Like

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by Oxtertee(m): 9:18pm On Apr 24
Adewale1603:
that's the most annoying thing. They will be giving us old outdated movies and same repetitive movies all the time.
When one can watch latest 2023 and 2024 Nollywood movies on YouTube, very cheap and time saving.

Their service is minus ➖ zero 0⃣ if there are to be rated.

Imagine the audacity hiking their prices despite performing below par.

Well, I don't too blame them Sha. The joke is on Nigeria consumer protection council and other regulatory bodies.

2 Likes

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by lapintoz: 9:35pm On Apr 24
Flat head master.......you still dey vex....your cry cry daddy already gave up.....

If you no fit watch dstv, why not be watching orlu gully erosion in slow motion....by 2037 you will be done 😁😁😁

SpecialAdviser:
Useless agbadorians how market?
I hope this is only for OBIDIENTS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Multichoice Hikes Subscription Prices On DSTV, GOTV by poshemmanuel(m): 10:12pm On Apr 24

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tobi Picks Alex’s Nose (Pictured) / Download Thor: Love And Thunder (2022) Full Movie Mp4 / BBNaija: Mercy Twerks For Ike In Bed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.