Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,417 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

National Open University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / National Open University (3902 Views)

Masters Degree At National Open University Abuja / National Open University Of Nigeria 2011/2012 / National Open University of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

National Open University by Giftednne(f): 7:38pm On Nov 19, 2011
Pls can somebody help me, i need info abt the school.
Re: National Open University by mrnononsense: 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2011
pls visit d site, www.noun.edu.ng ,d form is stil on sales,

I AM A STUDENT OF THE NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA. I AM STUDYING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY.

WHAT INFO DO U NEED FEEL FREE TO ASK ME.

IF U WANT TO APPLY, GO TO OCEANIC OR ZENITH BANK TO PURCHASE UR APPLICATION FORM. 5000 NAIRA ONLY.

GO TO THE SCHOOL WITH THE ETRANZACT COMFIRMATION AND TH BANK TELLER TO COLLECT UR PINCODE AND AFTER THAT U CAN GO ONLINE TO FILL UR FORM FOR ADMISSION.

You can also call 08175458193 to get all the details that you need
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 6:23am On Nov 21, 2011
Giftednne:

Pls can somebody help me, i need info abt the school.

Which info? It is a self-taught school,although there're facilitators for classes up to 50 students, no UTME but we pay N3K JAMB regularization fee. I think that allows you to do NYSC if u r within the age limit. NOUN uses O'level, u must have credit in English and math and three others. U pay N5K for Undergra and N7K5 for Masters etc.U amass minimum of 120units to graduate if u start from 100L, at least 90units from 200L, 45/50units for Masters etc.

U can transfer to another study center when u have to. Although it is a 4-yr school, u can squeeze ur courses and graduate after 4 or 5 semesters.U try and marry computer and online tools for materials and TMAs.

We've Accounting, Nursing, Maths, Computer Science, English Language,Law etc.Visit www.noun.edu.ng and the study center in ur state capital.We will be doing next final exams in February.Go and register now.
Re: National Open University by Sholyzee: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2011
So is d form still available??, ow much is it.
Re: National Open University by Giftednne(f): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2011
Thanks ferdiii.
Also how acceptable is the certificate?
Re: National Open University by mayorkings(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2011
it's still on! Zenith Bank (5k)
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2011
mayorkings:

it's still on! Zenith Bank (5k)

The account number might have been changed, but walk in the bank and ask questions.yeah it is still N5K.
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 21, 2011
Giftednne:

Thanks ferdiii.
Also how acceptable is the certificate?

It's as good as you're good at what u did.You could employ urselves people! I work and study, that is the moto and spirit.
Re: National Open University by Sholyzee: 7:12am On Nov 22, 2011
Wen is the form going to close ??
Re: National Open University by Sholyzee: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2011
Wat re the science courses available,
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 10:46am On Nov 22, 2011
Sholyzee:

Wen is the form going to close ??

Wow, typical Nigerian question. U can send an e-mail to support@noun.edu.ng on that.I think it is open till all of December and may be January.If you're interested, go to their Study Center near you and confirm ur worries.Get to go!
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2011
Sholyzee:

Wat re the science courses available,

Use ur time of asking questions to search urself at www.nou.edu.ng or http://www.nou.edu.ng/noun/announcements/admission_advert2012.html
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 30, 2011
I just heard about NOUN from a friend, it sounds göod to me from the research i mad€ on their $ite, but i hear people say they delay, how true is this?? i intend to get the form in december, i'll look at the $ch fees myself tho
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 2:52pm On Nov 30, 2011
banttieman:

I just heard about NOUN from a friend, it sounds göod to me from the research i mad€ on their $ite, but i hear people say they delay, how true is this?? i intend to get the form in december, i'll look at the $ch fees myself tho

That was in the past.I lost a yr as a result but I have made up for the lost ground. Our next exams will be March/April 2012. You can pile up ur courses and graduate sooner and leave ur mates behind. By next May, I will be in my final semester final year.That will be make it 5semesters out of supposed 8.
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 30, 2011
Thät $ounds great to me, im gläd the delay thing is in the past çuz im behind alreädy and need to catch up, what$ the curent cost per course?,
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 30, 2011
banttieman:

Thät $ounds great to me, im gläd the delay thing is in the past çuz im behind alreädy and need to catch up, what$ the curent cost per course?,

For Undergra:2Unit=N2,000, 3Unit=N2,500 and 1Unit=N1,000.

Compulsory fees for freshman:N22,500

Application Fee:N5,000
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 30, 2011
Thanks ferdii, i forgot to ask, when is lectures? evenings on wkdäys or striçtly wkends?? ill download the cour$es for comp sci to calculate what i`ll pay altogether, do i start lectures immediately or i have to wait to $ee my name on the ádmission list??
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 30, 2011
Ferdii, on 2nd thought i$ this the case, i have a feeling there$ nothing like lectures, just pay for courses,pass and get the degree.is that th€ case?? if not pls enlighten me
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 30, 2011
banttieman:

Ferdii, on 2nd thought i$ this the case, i have a feeling there$ nothing like lectures, just pay for courses,pass and get the degree.is that th€ case?? if not pls enlighten me

It is more of study on ur own.Some departments like Nursing have facilitations by deafult.They are always many.I don't bother about classes and a class has to be up to 50 Students before a facilitator is assigned.However, you cld be much better than any teacher thesedays. Everything with NOUN suits me to the ground.
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 30, 2011
banttieman:

It is more of study on your own.Some departments like Nursing have facilitations by default.They are always many.I don't bother about classes and a class has to be up to 50 Students before a facilitator is assigned. Again they arranged with the facilitators on the days and time.I have only attended one on PHY111. Maybe because I was scared of carrying over that course and I finally made a D.However, you could be much better than any teacher these-days.

I major in Computer Science, BSC. Everything with NOUN suits me to the ground.

Just sign up a major u can tackle 90% unaided other than ur materials.

Our motto is work and learn!
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 01, 2011
Thanks a million ferdii, can i get ur number?? i know yu may ñot want to post here, how many courses did you take in ur first seme$ter and what ar their unit$?
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2011
banttieman:

Thanks a million ferdii, can i get your number?? i know yu may ñot want to post here, how many courses did you take in your first seme$ter and what ar their unit$?

I did 10 courses and each was 2Units but one has 0Unit and it is a core course. I forgot to tell u, u still have to register ur courses for exams and each is N1K irrespective of the units. E-mail me at ferdimako@gmail.com and I'll reply u.
Re: National Open University by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 01, 2011
^^ check yur email bro, thnx
Re: National Open University by Lumgwun(m): 8:51am On Dec 04, 2011
Pls those in the system enlighten me pls. I'm a new student in a university, can i run a program that suits me in this institution. Pls reply. Thanks
Re: National Open University by Stonnydrey(m): 2:24pm On Jul 17, 2012
Hey Ferdii..... Pls can U̶̲̥̅̊ tell ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥ more about the NOUN admission status.... I̶̲̥̅̊S̤̥̈̊ admission on now? Hope τ̅☺ hear from U̶̲̥̅̊. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

If WAEC Marker Found Two Handwriting In 1 Booklet Wat Wil Happen? / Pictures That Would Help U Through Your 2021 Journey / 30 Pyscho Serial Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.