Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Beyond The Lies: The Giant Strides Of Tinuade Sanda At Ekedc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond The Lies: The Giant Strides Of Tinuade Sanda At Ekedc (78 Views)

Tinuade Sanda: Examining A Legacy Of Controversies / Dr Tinuade Sanda Remains EKEDC CEO - NERC Makes Clarification / Seven Lies The Nigerian Media Have Been Telling Against Ojukwu For 50 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyond The Lies: The Giant Strides Of Tinuade Sanda At Ekedc by Marcus07: 6:23am On Apr 25
BEYOND THE LIES: THE GIANT STRIDES AND TRANSFORMATIVE INITIATVES INTRODUCED BY DR. TINUADE SANDA, AS MD/CEO OF EKO ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY (EKEDC)

Sequence of Performance Overview and Operational Achievements Upon Assuming Office in 2022:

When I became MD/CEO in 2022, EKEDC faced significant challenges, including ATC&C losses at 29.87% and a Collection Efficiency (CE) of 82.69%. However, through my strategic initiatives and profound team spirit, I swiftly moved with my proactive and efficient team members to change the ugly narratives with resultant remarkable progress.

As of March 2024, our ATC&C losses have reduced to 1%, and our CE has improved to 99.25%. This turnaround has been accompanied by impressive operational metrics, with Energy Delivered reaching 261,785,052.50kwh and Energy billed at 236,050,490.21kwh. Under my stewardship, EKEDC achieved its highest-ever monthly collection of N17.1 billion, highlighting our financial acumen and strategic vision.

It is noteworthy that these achievements were recorded without the need for a tariff increase. Our focus on operational efficiency led to the lowest-ever energy leakage blocked (ATC&C) losses, showcasing our commitment to excellence. The launch of the fast-delivery mass metering program (Mobile MAP Initiative), resulting in the delivery of over 80,832 meters, demonstrates our dedication to enhancing customer service and satisfaction.

Despite array of challenges I met upon assumption of office, one of my first decisive and impactful actions as MD/CEO was to increase staff salary by 25%, the first of its kind in the last 10 years of EKEDC, as we consistently maintained operational expenditure and also increased fleet vehicles by 150 to improve response time efficiency.

It may interest the general public to know that I met humongous loans which were already bad debt for the company upon my assumption of office, which I conscientiously paid back, including CBN loans that were secured for capital projects that were later abandoned, which include: CBN Meter loan, totalling : N4,693,706,837.72, CBN Ramp Up Loan totalling : N29,525,442,959.40 and
CBN Capex loan, totaling : N14,487,447,715.
Unfortunately, all the loans were of no economic value to the company, especially the billions wasted on substandard meters that generated no revenue, yet we forged ahead with determination and resilience.

In line with my vision for distinct corporate branding with local content, I devised a robust mechanism for engagement, which x-rayed my commitment to corporate leadership and growth for all stakeholders. This included realigning customer and community engagement strategies for enhanced brand positioning and service delivery, and developing an inclusive, impactful, and sustainable Corporate Social Responsibility plan.

These initiatives were part of our innovation-based integrated reform plan, which has resulted in unparalleled results and a flurry of activities aimed at driving positive change. Our proactive approach was further pronounced by the decentralization of districts, which has effectively managed the surge of new customers and optimized service delivery. Our strategic foresight is also evident in securing 150 transformers to address overloaded transformers and ensuring the reliability of power supply.

Furthermore, our commitment to data protection and security is underscored by EKEDC's attainment of ISO 27001 certification. Through partnerships and collaborations with VI Power; we enhanced supply to customers on the Island, demonstrating our commitment to meeting customer needs. Our strategic investments in infrastructure, such as the purchase of Statistical Meters to monitor all existing feeders, have significantly reduced losses and improved operational efficiency. By introducing Monthly Incentives and implementing an upward review of staff remuneration, I have not only motivated my team but also recognized their pivotal role in EKEDC's success. Despite a challenging operating environment, our dedication to customer service is evident in the 99.2% complaint resolution rate year-to-date in 2024, showcasing my commitment to customer satisfaction.

I came to EKEDC with clear mindset and leadership ideology embedded in zero tolerance for mediocrity, corruption and deficiency; and a pursuit of excellence unflinchingly set the tone for my leadership. Understanding that ideas alone are not enough in a corporate setting, I emphasized the importance of effective communication among all stakeholders, to ensure complete alignment with our vision.

Under my leadership as the MD/CEO of EKEDC, we have consistently met our obligations to regulators. This is evident in the NERC report for Q3, 2023, which ranks EKEDC as 1st in market remittance for that quarter, and 3rd in Q2 of 2023.
For my milestones achievement with EKEDC, I have received numerous awards and recognition from prestigious institutions. Recently, I was honoured with The Peak Performer CEO Of the Year (2023) award and recognized by Vanguard as the Energy Icon of the Year. I have also been acknowledged by the Nigeria House of Dream Parliament as the most proactive female personality in the power sector of Nigeria (2023). Additionally, I currently serve as a member of the power committee set up by the Presidency.

Over the years, I have received several other prestigious awards, including the USAID Certificate of Achievement as a Valued Partner of The USAID Engendering Industries Intensive Program since 2015, the NECA 2021 Employers Excellence Award Winner in the Electricity Distribution Sector (2022), the AFRISAFE CEO Of the Year (2022), the African Prize for Leadership Excellence: Power Personality Leadership Prize Winner of The Year (2017), and the Eko Electricity Distribution Company MD/CEO Executive Award for being "on time-every time" (2018). These accolades reflect my commitment to excellence, accountability and innovation in the power sector.

However, I was taken aback by the recent publication from Sahara Reporters, an online media platform and rumours making the rounds of termination of my appointment due to poor performance; I wish to clarify that I have not received any official communication regarding such claims. On the contrary, I have consistently received accolades from the board members, highlighting our team's commendable performance.

For instance, on March 6, 2024, I received commendations from the Director of Human Resources, Tunji Owolafe, after sending a correspondence titled "Re: Disco Remittance Order February 2024," which showcased EKEDC's performance in meeting market obligations. Dr. Tunji Owolafe stated, "Dear MD, this is very good news, congratulations and well done to you and your team." Similar accolades were received on December 5, 2023, and December 6, 2023, from Dr. Tunji Owolafe and the Board Chairman, Dere Otubu, respectively. Dere Otubu's message read, "Congratulations to you and your team for the good performance in the month of November." Copies of emails corroborating those commendations are available as supporting evidence.

As a chartered accountant, I value working with facts and figures, and I believe that ethical journalism should be based on the principles of truth, obectivity and fairnes, rather than fallacies that are solely based on rumours and propaganda.

It should be known to all stakeholders that this situation has taken a surprising turn. What began as an investigation and the implementation of sanctions against the CLO, who was accused of ghost workers scandal has now turned into cyberbullying and slanderous attacks against me. I was singled out for dismissal, seemingly as an act of victimization, all because I refused to participate in covering up fraudulent activities. Rather than addressing the main issue, there is an attempt to divert attention by grasping at straws. However, people can see through these antics and machinations. The individual who committed the crime is still a staff member, while the innocent party is being punished for exposing an infraction of that magnitude, imagining keeping ghost workers in a corporate setting like EKEDC.

To this end, I have been inundated with calls from across the world in the last 48 hours concerning this unfortunate scenario, hence, the necessity to set the record straight and put the whole issue in proper perspective against the lies and propaganda of gang of fraudsters and obscurantists who are out to smear my personality and professional reputation, for upholding the sanctity and integrity of the organization and my efforts towards entrenching sanity and corporate governance.

Initially, I had chosen not to address these matters publicly, given that they are currently a subject of litigation, however, it has become necessary to do so in order to expose the inherent falsehoods, conspiracy and resultant victimization.

This very issue, upon whiich I have been victimized and maligned started in November 2023, when I received a whistleblower report alleging ghost worker activities perpetrated by Mrs. Wola Joseph-Condotti, the Chief Legal Officer of EKEDC. Upon receiving this report, I promptly reported the matter to the Board for thorough investigation. Subsequently, the Board's handling of the ghost worker case came under scrutiny by the Trade Union within the organization, which closely monitored the situation and subsequently expressed concerns.

Their observations and concerns about the possibility of getting justice in the case were later escalated and ultimately drew the attention of the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC).

In response, NERC issued a directive dated 21st March 2024 (see Appendix A), stipulating that only individuals directly involved in the ghost worker activities should be recalled by WPG for further investigation. Unfortunately, a faction of the Board, led by the Chairman, Mr. Dere Otubu, chose to misinterpret and deliberately misrepresented the import of NERC’s directive, thereby ordering the recall of all management staff instead. Despite NERC issuing a new directive dated 27th March 2024 (see Appendix B) to recall only those involved in the ghost worker activities, this faction of the Board failed to comply with the further clarification by NERC, leading to further confusion.

To seek a proper interpretation of the directives and to address the seeming confusion, the matter was brought before the court. I was therefore, astonished and shocked to have read of my dismissal on different social media platforms, while the case is still before the court of competent jurisdiction, for the purpose of proper interpretation of the NERC's directive.

This action, by implication, not only violates my fundamental human rights but also undermines the sanctity of corporate governance and that of the board, as well as regulatory process. It is a clear case of victimization, oppression and subjudice.

I want to unequivocally state that I have diligently and efficiently served the organisation with utmost integrity, and I have never engaged in any wrongdoing; rather, I have assiduously worked to sanitize the system for optimal productivity and quality service delivery, including the alleged ghost worker activities, which I promptly acted upon by reporting the case to the board immediately I got the whistleblower's report, in my capacity as the MD/CEO.

Without mincing words, I have committedly and conscientiously worked to enhance the assets and net worth of our stakeholders since my assumption of office in 2022, with high degree of transparency, integrity, and fairness in all my dealings, and I have consistently acted in the best interests of EKEDC and its stakeholders.

To this end, I hereby, passionately urge all stakeholders and well-meaning Nigerians to join me in seeking for the truth, justice and fairness, against the ongoing conspiracy to subvert the truth and oppress the weak.

Obviously, your understanding and support are essentially crucial in this trying moment, to navigate this turbulent period with me.

Thank you for your attention and continued support.

E-signed

Dr. Tinuade Sanda

Managing Director/CEO

Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKEDC)

Re: Beyond The Lies: The Giant Strides Of Tinuade Sanda At Ekedc by Hez143(m): 6:32am On Apr 25
nice one,let the disco's be handled by capable hands!!

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Subsidy Was Removed For Nigeria Not To Go Bankrupt – Tinubu / Refineries Turn-around: A Giant Sinking Hole / Restless Anti-tinubu Forces Behind Protests Against Matawalle - Arewa Group Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.