Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,967 members, 7,817,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner (10775 Views)

UN Asks Nigeria To End Death Penalty, Rights Violations / Ogun Hotel Rooms With Hidden Cameras Uncovered (Video) / Vandalization Of COVID-19 Palliatives Warehouse At Mazamaza: LASG Condemns Act (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Morbeta11(m): 6:32am On Apr 25

The Lagos State Commissioner for Transportation, Oluwaseun Osiyemi, has disclosed that the use of Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras helped traffic officers record over 850,000 violations in the state.

“The usage of the ANPR to capture other related traffic offences e.g. vehicle moving against traffic; the ANPR captured 856,680 violations from January 2023 to March 2024,” he stated.

He added that to reduce human interface, the Traffic Management Solution devices handled by the VIS officers captured 10, 421 violations between January 2023 and March 2024.

The commissioner disclosed this while giving reports of the ministry in commemoration of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu’s first year in office for a second term as governor.

Govt diverts traffic to check highway bridge
Sanwo-Olu took the oath of office for his second term as governor on May 29, 2023, promising in his inaugural speech not to let down Lagosians.

Giving an update at the government’s secretariat in Alausa, Ikeja, on Tuesday, Osiyemi said in order to carry out daily monitoring routine checks through the use of ANPR technology for prescribed particulars violations, 53 of the ANPR cameras were installed at different locations in the state.

He also said traffic officers made use of hand-held devices for enforcement of regulations on rickety vehicles, overloaded vehicles, blacklisted vehicles, unauthorised/illegal and unregistered vehicles, etc.

https://punchng.com/lasg-traffic-cameras-detected-850000-violations-commissioner/

2 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Sirmwill: 6:32am On Apr 25
Nice development
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by MatrixReloaded: 6:46am On Apr 25
Nonsense, sold my car 2022 and removed my plate no., fast forward to oct 2023 I got a msg that my plate no was in violation of traffic offence on Sept 2023. I should respond to the msg or go to there website and lodge complaints.
I went to the website lodge the complaints of mistaken identity and that my plate no. have not been in use since I sold my car 2022.
Next msg boom, your debts have been cleared....

B**tards.

Like someone said maybe they have cloned my plate no. Cos the msg was about one car not related to mine using same plate no. I need to clear the air 😩 but how can this be, something that was registered in there system... Useless entity. I hate Illegality, I hate extortion and I hate those that defend nuisance.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Macphenson: 6:48am On Apr 25
pkoo
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by longetivity(m): 7:00am On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:
Nonsense, sold my car 2022 and removed my plate no., fast forward to oct 2023 I got a msg that my plate no was in violation of traffic offence on Sept 2023. I should respond to the msg or go to there website and lodge complaints.
I went to the website lodge the complaints of mistaken identity and that my plate no. have not been in use since I sold my car 2022.

B**tards.
Lmaoo angry grin grin

3 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:15am On Apr 25
Nigerians....
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by FirmTR(m): 7:17am On Apr 25
shocked
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by gloryman91: 7:17am On Apr 25
This what other traffic agencies like FRSC supposed to be doing and not putting staff lives on risk just because of their selfish interest.

10 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Ekaette1621990: 7:17am On Apr 25
Can the traffic camera detect CORRUPT POLITICIANS?

If no is the answer then it's as useless as the letter P in Psychology.

Anyway I laugh in Swahili 😂😂😂😂😂

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by omoadeleye(m): 7:18am On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:

B**tards.

Upon say they correct your error you are still insulting them

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by managemoney(m): 7:19am On Apr 25
Now, proceed to doing the needful sad
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Obito555(m): 7:21am On Apr 25
I paid 20k once online after camera capture me and since then I Don give myself brain

5 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Abbeyme: 7:22am On Apr 25
omoadeleye:

You see how Some people are just mannerless , unbelievable and unbearable

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Kaybaba5(m): 7:24am On Apr 25
I like this, I hope it can track hit and run drivers
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Abbeyme: 7:24am On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:

B**tards.

Wahu.

You had an issue, you complained and you were cleared all in one breath. Yet you cursed.
How terrible can that be!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Mrtaye: 7:26am On Apr 25
omoadeleye:

Why error in the first place... means most of the vehicles caught are in error

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by yommen: 7:28am On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:

B**tards.

Lies

33 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Mrtaye: 7:29am On Apr 25
Abbeyme:

Wahu.

You had an issue, you complained and you were cleared all in one breath. Yet you cursed.
Why must there be error in the first place....iit defeats the purpose cos not everyone has the capacity to complain like that fellow....so how did they come about it

6 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by yommen: 7:29am On Apr 25
Abbeyme:

You see how Some people are just mannerless , unbelievable and unbearable

They hate Lagos but they can't pack their load and leave. They wished they had captured Lagos during the civil war.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Abbeyme: 7:31am On Apr 25
Mrtaye:

Why must there be error in the first place....iit defeats the purpose cos not everyone has the capacity to complain like that fellow....so how did they come about it

You sold your vehicle with the number plate, I believe that is the red flag 🚩

People should always remove their number plates when vehicle are sold, that way there’ll not be a mistaken identity.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by MatrixReloaded: 7:33am On Apr 25
Abbeyme:

Wahu.

They are bunch of hoodlums..
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Menclothing1: 7:33am On Apr 25
Good development by lagos government
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by MatrixReloaded: 7:33am On Apr 25
Mrtaye:

Don't mind the zombies in govt.

3 Likes

yommen:

They hate Lagos but they can't pack their load and leave. They wished they had captured Lagos during the civil war.

They hate lagos is that an acronym used often here in NL.
I bet you have not travel round Nigeria to breath a fresh breath.
Lagos state is not heaven amd lagos state is not all and all.
Get that in your small light weight skull.

8 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by MatrixReloaded: 7:34am On Apr 25
Abbeyme:

Wahu.

I dey my own dey find me come, Terrible to extort me with there criminal tendency as you portray now.

3 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by Newdawn30: 7:35am On Apr 25
They won start again with seizure and taxation unnecessarily
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by MatrixReloaded: 7:35am On Apr 25
omoadeleye:

Upon say I comot my plate no. Dem still msg me to pay 80k. Na you do this one cos the error is on you.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by baretalk: 7:36am On Apr 25
Government go cash in grin
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by drlateef: 7:36am On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:

B**tards.

They probably cloned your plate number.
Re: LASG Traffic Cameras Detected 850,000 Violations – Commissioner by NewDea4: 7:37am On Apr 25
MatrixReloaded:

Upon say I comot my plate no. Dem still msg me to pay 80k. Na you do this one cos the error is on you.

You have time to be responding to all those zombies? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Apprehended And Beaten To Pulp After Failed Abduction Attempt In Zamfara / Four Get 42 Years Imprisonment For Drug Trafficking / FG Destroys 5,870 Illegal Arms Recovered In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.