Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

I Need Help On Running An It Firm - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Help On Running An It Firm (585 Views)

Establishing An IT Firm In Calabar ( Cross River ) / Tips For Running An Effective Social Media Campaign / Can One Make Money From Running An Online Forum(e.g. Nairaland.com) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help On Running An It Firm by Nextworldnx(m): 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2011
Hi guys,
i have been wanting to open and run an IT firm for a long time now,but dont know how to go about it. I am into networking, but want to open a fully functional IT company, which includes; Software development, Programming, Autocad design, Graphic design, System Engineering and co. My problem is,i dont do any of these directly,so i dont know how much is:
1. Cost of setting up, and
2. Estimate of output (profitability).
I am thereby asking you wonderful and talented guys in the house to help me out. I have always believed in practicalising what you have learnt,that is why i want to start-up this firm,i cant do much myself, but i believe that there are Guys out there who can do it,they only need the enabling environment, for them to excel(who says we cant have our own Steve jobs here). It is these set of Guys that i intend to work with. Plese house, help me out. Your response is highly valued. THANKS
Re: I Need Help On Running An It Firm by Timileyin(m): 7:44am On Nov 20, 2011
Good Work, funny but u just don't need any IT skills to own an IT firm all yu need is a the vision and the structure. After which yu could call for pple to apply an programme\ design for yu. You can not use yur money to develop the vision of yur employee, it don't work that way. Also so many of this guys hav the skills but lack character.
Re: I Need Help On Running An It Firm by moderatorr: 8:06am On Nov 20, 2011
i love your last line above.
Character - the difference between employees and entreprenuers
Re: I Need Help On Running An It Firm by deco2come: 9:48am On Nov 20, 2011
Nextworldnx:

Hi guys,
i have been wanting to open and run an IT firm for a long time now,but dont know how to go about it. I am into networking, but want to open a fully functional IT company, which includes; Software development, Programming, Autocad design, Graphic design, System Engineering and co. My problem is,i dont do any of these directly,so i dont know how much is:
1. Cost of setting up, and
2. Estimate of output (profitability).
I am thereby asking you wonderful and talented guys in the house to help me out. I have always believed in practicalising what you have learnt,that is why i want to start-up this firm,i cant do much myself, but i believe that there are Guys out there who can do it,they only need the enabling environment, for them to excel(who says we cant have our own Steve jobs here). It is these set of Guys that i intend to work with. Plese house, help me out. Your response is highly valued. THANKS

Since you are into networking, I would recommended that you start with networking company. You can later incorporate other computer field of your choices. But if you must start everything now, then watch out the people you are employing. Like someone already mentioned, most of them have skills but lack the character.

When employing, do not focus only on their skills but also their characters. Your instincts will tell you that. If you don't know anything on software programming, auto cad, etc, I am afraid to say you have a hard nut to crack.

It is just like you are into real estate business but you don't know a thing about it, then you employ someone that knows much about it, it is highly likely that the person will screw you.

In my opinion, the best way to tackle this issue is go into partnership with someone that is familiar with programming,autocad. While you handle the networking aspecting, the person will focus on the programming aspect.

The second option you have is to sponsor some guys that knows much about the stuffs but lack the capital to start. You can work with them.

Remember that people like Bill Gate, Steve Job, Mark(facebook), Google guys, Yahoo guy, and others know started by themselves and as they got bigger, they started employing guys.

Finally take your time to study the life of Henry Ford and how how managed to control talented men despite lacking most of the talent that those men have.

Take your time my guy. Don't forget to get your own registered company. I wish you the best of luck
Re: I Need Help On Running An It Firm by Nextworldnx(m): 9:53am On Nov 20, 2011
Hey Guys, so you mean such jobs are unquantifiable? I mean, am a figures person. I need to know what my returns will periodically before i venture into it.
Re: I Need Help On Running An It Firm by Timileyin(m): 10:01am On Nov 20, 2011
The sky is the limit, if yu can market yur self well and have the right administrative knowledge, also yu need a very strong structure,
Re: I Need Help On Running An It Firm by Nextworldnx(m): 10:34am On Nov 20, 2011
@deco2come & @timileyin, its those guys who dont have capital to start that i want to sponsor and work with. But,i want to know a little about charges and specifications so that,i will not be ripped off. Thats why am here,asking anybody who do any these should please give me an idea on how much he charges on each job done. Thanks
Re: I Need Help On Running An It Firm by Timileyin(m): 10:55am On Nov 20, 2011
I guess we should chat personally so I can put you through one or two thing, Also let yu knw how we started. My number is 08138316169 bb: 3108CC0C and yahooid: crystallinehills. Website: crystalhills.org, Get back to me

(1) (Reply)

How 21,000 Domains Left Godaddy In 1 Day. / Make Profit With Classifieds Software / Web Developers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.