Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,907 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause (261 Views)

Moody’s: 9 Nigerian Banks’ Long-Term Ratings Placed On Review / Crypto:Why Your Bank and CBN Cannot Unilaterially Place PND On A Bank Account. / Court Declares PND Order Illegal; Orders Access Bank To Pay N5m To Customer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause by Yvesk: 9:57pm On Apr 25
Please I need advice about a PND imposed on my account by my account manager in Access Bank

I recently opened a domiciliary account with Access Bank and part of the requirement of opening an account with them is that you will provide a $100 bill. I provided $400 and I told her I wanted to just use that account to save up the money and I do not intend to touch it anytime soon.

PS. I am a website designer and I freelance/work with people outside Nigeria so I get paid in dollars.

It took her more than a week to open the account for me after she had collected all the necessary documents needed to open the account including my $400, I went to the bank manager he said the money was with him and that he was aware of my problems. he assured me that the next day he would make sure she got everything done and deposit the money into the account. 2 days later the account was opened and my money was deposited and I was relieved.

The day before yesterday I deposited an additional $100 to the account confirmed the deposit and everything was okay. Later yesterday I noticed that my account had been placed on PND (Post No Debit) and I can't make any debit transactions on the account. This morning I received a message from AccessBank saying that I need to update the documentation on my account to continue transacting. I called my account manager and she said she was the one who put it on PND because I said I won't withdraw the money any time soon. I told her to remove it and she said it cannot be removed now.

Now I have been restricted from using my money. I did not instruct her to place the account on PND, even if I do not want to use the money now I want to be able to use it anytime I wish to. Please what is your advice concerning this and how can I go about resolving it?
Re: Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause by Bintabisiriyu2: 10:02pm On Apr 25
Enter inside the banking hall and seize one of their laptop, or rather seize one bundle of cash from the cashier and don't let go until they answer you.
Re: Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause by Jogs1900: 10:02pm On Apr 25
Just ignore the so called account officer and walk into any Access bank or send a mail to their head office to know why your account is on PND...She wants to be using your domiciliary deposit for her appraisal... Nonsense
Re: Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause by Yvesk: 10:24pm On Apr 25
Jogs1900:
Just ignore the so called account officer and walk into any Access bank or send a mail to their head office to know why your account is on PND...She wants to be using your domiciliary deposit for her appraisal... Nonsense

Yes... earlier today I went to another access bank to complain just like you said, and they asked for the branch I opened the account, I told the and they said I should go to that branch.
Re: Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause by odinaccess: 10:27pm On Apr 25
Sharply send an email to head quarters ,u only verbally stated you won't use the money, which is actually none of her business , also try to update with any necessary documents so that wont be used as excuse
Re: Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause by Jogs1900: 10:58pm On Apr 25
Yvesk:

Yes... earlier today I went to another access bank to complain just like you said, and they asked for the branch I opened the account, I told the and they said I should go to that branch.
I guess the branch is not far from each other if not, nothing stops them from attending to you..Just search for access bank email address and send a mail to them..If your documents are complete, they will remove the PND
Re: Please Help - My Accnt Manager Placed My Account On PND Without Reasonable Cause by Akposkiz: 8:26am On Apr 26
Beg the manager to remove it, there must be solution to it.

(1) (Reply)

Some Key Factors That Can Assure The Success To Your E-commerce Website / .fellow Importers Let Know Price Of Goods In Nigeria / Trade Binary With This Special Robot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.