Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project (5737 Views)

CBN Staff Setting Value Of Naira In Lagos In 1987 / Hundreds Of Light Rail Trains Left Canada For Lagos / What Is The Zip Code For Lagos Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by idupaul: 9:31am On Nov 20, 2011
I hate it when people pay attention to the character Kobojunkie , its a total waste of time as the character is one that never stands for anything , I never read anything that kobo thing post on this forum because it an absolute waste of time,
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Akanbiedu(m): 9:44am On Nov 20, 2011
Right Idupaul.

S/he is a total waste of time. Imagine comparing a governor giving free gifts to people with one that is helping economy by making transportation easier!
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by okstol: 10:46am On Nov 20, 2011
@Kobo, u are totally spot on. An unbiased poster knows that they should come to ur state to get d goods. Lagos state benefits more than Osun. Remember these farmers must surely pay tax to lagos state govt. before selling their farm produce. Thereby making Osun state government to be more of a charitable organisation. Benue state is known for yam cultivation, the retail sellers from d se and ss goes to Benue state to buy yam and some other harvested crops and pay some taxes to d Benue state govt and not d other way round. We can remember vividly well (for those of us with d consciousness of history) that the Brits took our raw materials to uk and get them back to us as finish goods for us to buy at exorbitant rate. The Chinese and d Asian tiger economies in d far east asia doesn't send their goods to Africa and other parts of d world, rather they made trading easy for any prospective buyer/importer to do business with them.(By developing their infrastructure and removing some bureaucratic bottlenecks for business transaction). When these retail sellers from lagos goes to Osun to buy these goods, remember that the hospitalism and some other sectors of the state will also benefit from it. Let's remove every clog of ethnic sentiments from our reasoning and set d records straight for our leaders to give us what we want. Not bc i aint from d sw will make me not eulogize BRF for his tremendous achievement in Lagos state or any other part of the country where I'm not from. Let us be civil with our post. We mustn't insult people just bc they hold different opinion with ours.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by doja1: 10:56am On Nov 20, 2011
I am from Osun state and it sounds like a good idea. Are states now allowed to own the rail lines passing through their states? I thought only the Federal Govt owned the railways?
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by lucabrasi(m): 11:11am On Nov 20, 2011
Eko Ile:

The usual sily and irrelevant argument. Whats train ownership got to do with the states farming and empowerment project?

Obviosly, tons of other states have rail stations , but how many of them have the same vision to ferry their farmers to lagos for, talk less for free.

This is one of the many pointless and moronic argument we read everyday,  they yell and cry about the ones that are rasiing their fingers and making a difference while praising incompetent do nothing losers.

Well, as stated in the article, the people of osun are happy, they are the ones  the governor is responsible for, not the saddists on nl.
truer words have not been spoken, the only sensible comment
who cares about the ownership of the trains as long as the people who voted him in are enjoying the fruits of democracy even if he bought the trains,its not as if he will drive the trains out and park it on his drive way after his tenure so whats the big issue here.
the poster wasn't talking about the train ownership the main focus of the thread was about an agricultural initiative which is worthy of emulation and praise
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 11:50am On Nov 20, 2011
Agree wit you on that
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by anonimi: 11:52am On Nov 20, 2011
Kobo has ,ade a good call on this one.
She is simply asking that the governor come clean on the deal with NRC. Now, is that too much to ask for the peoples' money?
Clearly Aregbesola is using the citizens' money to pay for their "free" ride to Lagos.  
And when you look at how much he "claims" to have paid (including the cost of undelivered 40 coaches and wagons from China) it will be multiple times the amount of train tickets to Lagos.
Slowly, slowly people are waking up to the Tax & Steal fraud that is the ACN- Association of Conmen in Nigeria despite their media circus of spin stories.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Gbawe: 12:31pm On Nov 20, 2011
anonimi:

Kobo has ,ade a good call on this one.
She is simply asking that the governor come clean on the deal with NRC. Now, is that too much to ask for the peoples' money?
Clearly Aregbesola is using the citizens' money to pay for their "free" ride to Lagos.  
And when you look at how much he "claims" to have paid (including the cost of undelivered 40 coaches and wagons from China) it will be multiple times the amount of train tickets to Lagos.
Slowly, slowly people are waking up to the Tax & Steal fraud that is the ACN- Association of Conmen in Nigeria despite their media circus of spin stories.

She is chatting pure rubbish as usual and you only rush in to support her/him because of your blind hatred of the ACN that kills any objectivity you may ever have had . The essence of Kolojunkie's , Beaf's and your argument is simply not to give credit where due. Well, thank god some of us can always put 2 and 2 together effectively. Everything seen now is planned and the result of Aregbesola's effort. No less than the NRC managing director makes it clear below that Aregbesola specifically and proactively partnered with them to deliver what we are seeing now. That dedicated wagons service Osun freight needs is proof of the MOU , between Osun and the NRC, in action. We must ask why some of you can simply not give credit where due especially given the indolent and destructive previous PDP leadership the likes of Aregbesola are putting to shame. It says a lot about innate character and basic personal integrity when some cannot simply and graciously give credit where due and leave criticism to other time and place when more appropriate.

NRC’s Managing Director Adeseyi Sijuwade said the corporation,in collaboration with the Osun State Government, would boost the state’s economy through freight services.
Sijuwade said the NRC has dedicated wagons to service the state.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/25199-aregbesola-advocates-efficient-rail-system.html

Aregbesola Advocates Efficient Rail System
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:23 AM »

Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has said a vibrant rail system is needed to boost Nigeria’s economy.
Aregbesola spoke yesterday in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, while signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC).
He said no nation in the world depends solely on road transportation.
Aregbesola said: “Sole reliance on road transportation has affected the nation’s economy adversely. It is high time the Federal Government improved our air and waterways for efficient transportation. Anywhere in the world, a combination of transportation systems makes a nation.
“We have overused our roads and need the alternative of a viable rail system. It is, therefore, necessary for government to develop other means of transportation.”
He said food products from the state would be exchanged for finished products from Lagos State at a market in Dagbolu, a small community in Ifelodun Local Government Area of the state, through rail.
NRC’s Managing Director Adeseyi Sijuwade said the corporation, in collaboration with the Osun State Government, would boost the state’s economy through freight services.
Sijuwade said the NRC has dedicated wagons to service the state.
He said: “When the NRC completes ongoing rehabilitation of its facilities, we shall collaborate with other state governments, organisations and any person that requires our services.

“This is a development that is in conformity with our home grown strategy to public private partnership, aimed at delivering quality rail transport services to Nigerians.”
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by aljharem3: 3:17pm On Nov 20, 2011
okstol:

@Kobo, u are totally spot on[b]. An unbiased poster knows that they should come to your state to get d goods. Lagos state benefits more than Osun. Remember these farmers must surely pay tax to lagos state govt. before selling their farm produce. Thereby making Osun state government to be more of a charitable organisation. Benue state is known for yam cultivation, the retail sellers from d se and ss goes to Benue state to buy yam and some other harvested crops and pay some taxes to d Benue state govt and not d other way round. We can remember vividly well (for those of us with d consciousness of history) that the Brits took our raw materials to uk and get them back to us as finish goods for us to buy at exorbitant rate. [/b] The Chinese and d Asian tiger economies in d far east asia doesn't send their goods to Africa and other parts of d world, rather they made trading easy for any prospective buyer/importer to do business with them.(By developing their infrastructure and removing some bureaucratic bottlenecks for business transaction). When these retail sellers from lagos goes to Osun to buy these goods, remember that the hospitalism and some other sectors of the state will also benefit from it. Let's remove every clog of ethnic sentiments from our reasoning and set d records straight for our leaders to give us what we want. Not bc i aint from d sw will make me not eulogize BRF for his tremendous achievement in Lagos state or any other part of the country where I'm not from. Let us be civil with our post. We mustn't insult people just bc they hold different opinion with ours.

LOL bros, i don't agree with you on this one

1. Stop comparing countries that are trading with states within a country that are trading.

2. This is one of ACN manuifestors of economic integration.

3. If Osun and Ekiti provide food for Lagos even for free, does it matter ? So long as the farmers are paid good money

4. Tax by Lagos state is shared by the ACN states, thus regionalism

5. The money Lagos state generates from this would improve the lifes of Osun citizens in the sense that they can easilly come to lagos and enjoy what ever benefit it has to offer. Remember Tinubu is from Osun state.

6. No state governor would want his money been taken to another state unless there is extra benefit for them and as we can see there is. Because money made from Lagos is taken to other SW states if necessary

7. The railway Fashola is building to connect the SW, kwara, delta and edo is not an easy feet. The Fg has no helping hand in this so who is funding it ? Is it not from things like this.

8. This would reduce inflation as farmers don't have to be thinking of paying for transportation thus increasing the food prices. We already know the highest food prices are in Lagos. A tuber of Yam sold in Osun for 20 Naira can go for 70 -200 Naira in Lagos which is part due to transportation which is not sorted now.

9. Everyone cannot live in Lagos, this transportation of food by train is a good feet to provide easy access to the farmers and the consumers in this case lagos. The farmer does not have to worry of his goods been stolen on the road, accidents etc

I can keep going on and on.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by flops: 3:34pm On Nov 20, 2011
Both the person who started this thread, and the ones arguing for or against are wrong.

If the trains are owned by the FG or by the Osun State government, or even by the devil himself, the bottom line is

it is the job of a governor to facilitate the development of his state and people by any legal means necessary.

All that is required is that we mention what he did and how he was able to achieve it. No praise!

He is just doing his Job. 

Unfortunately, we have been thoroughly starved of good governance such that minor things like this excite us!
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by aljharem3: 3:46pm On Nov 20, 2011
flops:

Both the person who started this thread, and the ones arguing for or against are wrong.

If the trains are owned by the FG or by the Osun State government, or even by the devil himself, the bottom line is

it is the job of a governor to facilitate the development of his state and people by any legal means necessary.

All that is required is that we mention what he did and how he was able to achieve it. No praise!

He is just doing his Job. 

Unfortunately, we have been thoroughly starved of good governance such that minor things like this excite us!

True, very true
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Kobojunkie: 3:51pm On Nov 20, 2011
okstol:

@Kobo, u are totally spot on. An unbiased poster knows that they should come to  your state to get d goods. Lagos state benefits more than Osun. Remember these farmers must surely pay tax to lagos state govt. before selling their farm produce.  Thereby making Osun state government to be more of a charitable organisation. Benue state is known for yam cultivation, the retail sellers from d se and ss goes to Benue state to buy yam and some other harvested crops and pay some taxes to d Benue state govt and not d other way round. We can remember vividly well (for those of us with d consciousness of history) that the Brits took our raw materials to uk and get them back to us as finish goods for us to buy at exorbitant rate.  The Chinese and d Asian tiger economies in d far east asia doesn't send their goods to Africa and other parts of d world, rather they made trading easy for any prospective buyer/importer to do business with them.(By developing their infrastructure and removing some bureaucratic bottlenecks for business transaction). When these retail sellers from lagos goes to Osun to buy these goods, remember that the hospitalism and some other sectors of the state will also benefit from it.                    Let's remove every clog of ethnic sentiments from our reasoning and set d records straight for our leaders to give us what we want. Not bc i aint from d sw will make me not eulogize BRF for his tremendous achievement in Lagos state or any other part of the country where I'm not from. Let us be civil with our post. We mustn't insult people just bc they hold different opinion with ours.

I am ONLY for the people getting a 360 on what is happening (spending of money, and the possible consequence of this to me). How long is the Government going to be able to maintain these FREE RIDES for? Or is it just introductory?

As for taxes, I am not anti-taxes. People ought to pay taxes however, as someone already pointed out, these people are likely to pay taxes on the money earned to Lagos State and not to Osun(their purchases in Lagos will likely be taxed) and so there is another benefit for Lagos there, and not Osun.

If the people feel the this is a better way to spend their money, I am cool with that but at least THEY OUGHT TO KNOW THE TRUTH. So far, what the media has done is create this weave of lies around the Governor's real  achievements in this, if any. He has no rail carts on the NRC lines, he does not control the lines, the state does not even own any terminals but the newspapers seems to have gotten even supposedly Educated people on Nairaland to believe that Aregbesola has built rail lines, terminal(s), and even bought carts to add to the National fleet.

Why the lies, and why are these people all too willing to peddle this falsehood?  To the glory of ACN? If This guy had been a PDP Governor, would the outcomes had been the same? Do we truly believe that truth does not matter to these farmers, as long as they are happy for the free ride? Isn't this the mindset and mentality Fela honed on in his song "suffering and smiling"? Notice how the perpetrators are no longer those in Government but ordinary Nigerians deciding that the truth does not matter for all. Ain't that a b1tch?
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by tlops(m): 6:24pm On Nov 20, 2011
at least some people are making effort to actualize their promises while some are still thinking of what new promise to 'shove' out!
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by oderemo(m): 7:03pm On Nov 20, 2011
If i had kept to my impatience nature i wid had assumed aregbesola built ,owned those wagons but after careful overview of event frm page one of this thread the truth is gradually being forced out.
i can say now i know better.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by seyi42k(m): 8:47pm On Nov 20, 2011
I believe Aregbesola could have signed an MOU that would enable him do this.

Remember that part of the Lagos Rail project will make use of former NRC lines and as such the Lagos state govt had to rehabilitate part of those lines with the blessing of the NRC. For example the station at Yaba is being improved.

While not holding brief for ACN, I believe most of its gpvernors are progressives. Afterall, the likes of Akala stole from the people and never gave 'free' rides.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by DEEHASAL(m): 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2011
The free rides will be later abused.
It is a very laudable project though to make Osun farmers gain more return for their farm produce.
I hope they will be appropriately taxed for Govt to recoup its investment.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Nov 20, 2011
seyi42k:

I believe Aregbesola could have signed an MOU that would enable him do this.

Remember that part of the Lagos Rail project will make use of former NRC lines and as such the Lagos state govt had to rehabilitate part of those lines with the blessing of the NRC. For example the station at Yaba is being improved.

While not holding brief for ACN, I believe most of its gpvernors are progressives. Afterall, the likes of Akala stole from the people and never gave 'free' rides.

Questions for you  . . . .

a) You say Lagos Rail project is using FORMER NRC Lines, what has that to do with this particular case?

b) Are you certain that NRC GAVE UP Yaba Stations to Lagos State or are you simply assuming that because you see improvement at the Yaba Station, then it AUTOMAGICALLY has to be the Lagos state Government, not NRC, doing the work at the station? According to the Lagos state document on the lines, there is no mention that Lagos is now IN CHARGE of the Yaba Station. The document at the link below continually references those lines as belonging to NRC.

http://www.lagosrail.com/_downloads/Lagos%20Red%20Line%20Project%20Briefing.pdf

c) A Progressive, as far as I am concerned, is not same as a GOOD GOVERNOR. With Good Governors, we have substantial evidence of returns on investments made. Professing liberal ideas DOES NOT make one a GOOD GOVERNOR/LEADER. So, why is this man any different from Akala, who, also had some good/progressive ideas, though far and in-between?
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Demdem(m): 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2011
I'm really happy that osun people took time to Chase out that useless pdp fmr gov called oyinlola. The bottom line here is an MOU led to this. What are other govs doinh?
Aregbe is trully a man of the people.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Thethy(m): 11:56pm On Nov 20, 2011
Osun farmers don`t forget to branch @ THE THY SNAIL & GRASSCUTTER FARMS, 4,Ismail AbdulAzeez Street,Singer Bus Stop,Ewupe,Sango Ota,Ogun State,Tel: 08023050835 , 07033632285 to pick up your breeding stocks of snails and grasscutters at affordable prices.

Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2011
Kobo, Please just continue your unbiased analysis of this thread,

You know the problem of most peeps here, they are resurrecting old hatchets to persecute new fights,

OF what benefit is the train movement of goods to Lagos

Whats the definition of a farmer??

Why do the farmers have to transport their goods themselves to Lagos??

Is there a surplus of farm produce in Osun Already??

Is Osun self sufficient??

Who owns the coaches being used?

How does NRC get pain for the use of its rail lines,

Is this sustainable??

You need to ask yourself these questions, to clearly understand things!!!

@gbawe, you just showed you are an ACN b.o.otlicker,

and am very disappointed your status had degenerated so low, you used to be a vibrant thinker but i guess you have lost it all,

Same way some peeps were arguing with me that it was Aregbe who was recronstructing the Osogbo-Ilesa road even though FERMA was boldy written as

the clients of the contractors NEW HORIZON, when will all these populist lies end from the person you try hard to coverup always!!
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by seyi42k(m): 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Questions for you  . . . .

a) You say Lagos Rail project is using FORMER NRC Lines, what has that to do with this particular case?

b) Are you certain that NRC GAVE UP Yaba Stations to Lagos State or are you simply assuming that because you see improvement at the Yaba Station, then it AUTOMAGICALLY has to be the Lagos state Government, not NRC, doing the work at the station?  According to the Lagos state document on the lines, there is no mention that Lagos is now IN CHARGE of the Yaba Station. The document at the link below continually references those lines as belonging to NRC.

http://www.lagosrail.com/_downloads/Lagos%20Red%20Line%20Project%20Briefing.pdf

c) A Progressive, as far as I am concerned, is not same as a GOOD GOVERNOR. With Good Governors, we have substantial evidence of returns on investments made. Professing liberal ideas DOES NOT make one a GOOD GOVERNOR/LEADER. So, why is this man any different from Akala, who, also had some good/progressive ideas, though far and in-between? 
answers for you,

1) it is called an analogy.

2) while I might not be able to locate the link, I read it that Lagos was going to improve part of NRC lines that it is going to use. It would make no sense for NRC to repair tracks for Lagos to use especially with the kinds of politics at play or repair some part of its lines leaving others alone.

3) while I know you that you understand the political realities of our nation. I was speaking in relative terms. Regardless of how you try to deny it, ACN governers (at least fashola) has put other governors under pressure to at least do something for the people. Like I said I do not hold brief for them and do not deny our corrupt polity however another governor could have come in to clean out the public office and still not do anything. As for Akala having progressive ideas!!!
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by lucabrasi(m): 11:35pm On Nov 21, 2011
mdsocks:

You know the problem of most peeps here, they are resurrecting old hatchets to persecute new fights,

are you really asking this question on kidding??
if you are then some of the benefits are the following,
*they will get their produce to lagos on time so there will be less produce going bad meaning more money for the farmer especially subsistence farmers who the initiative is geared towards.
*their goods will get to lagos in record time compared to the vehicular transportation,less danger on the roads as well
*they are not paying for it,meaning less over head costs,a more comfortable journey(if you have witnessed the farmers sitting on stacks of produce on trailers)
mdsocks:

they are transporting their goods to lagos because that is where they will get the best price for their farm produce its all about capitalism surely?
mdsocks:

it is of no consequence because i am fully at liberty to go wherever i will get the highest price for my produce.why do the hausas and niger erians transport their cattle and rams hundreds of miles to lagos?
mdsocks:

that is totally besides the point because aregbesola is not forcing them to take their goods to lagos,all he is doing is alleviating their sufferings and saving them so more money a farmer will not use cassava to pay for his children's school fees or take his father to the hospital its money he will use
mdsocks:

whoever owns is again is of no consequence,the pertinent question you should be asking is
will the initiative alleviate the sufferings of the osun farmers?
will it encourage and stimulate farming on a larger scale?
will it save the lives ?
if the answer is yes to all three questions as mine is then that is all that matters, aregbesola won't be putting the trains amongst his possessions whenever his tenure ends would he?
mdsocks:

either they get paid or not the nrc leadership/ministry of transportation in their own wisdom decided it was a good deal for them and took it,the farmers are not paying anything so where exactly has it harmed them?
mdsocks:

Is this sustainable??
this is not the right question to be asked right now,the man has come up with an awesome initiative which should be applauded and supported hence he deserves the benefit of doubt not disqualifying him from the race even before the start!
mdsocks:

your questions have in no way shed any light on the initiative either way
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Kobojunkie: 12:20am On Nov 22, 2011
seyi42k:

answers for you,

1) it is called an analogy.
That is why I asked what the connection was. Analogies at least have to CONNECT in some way. Anyways, that is an aside as I had hoped you would help me understand where you were really going with that.

seyi42k:

2) while I might not be able to locate the link, I read it that Lagos was going to improve part of NRC lines that it is going to use. It would make no sense for NRC to repair tracks for Lagos to use especially with the kinds of politics at play or repair some part of its lines leaving others alone.

It makes absolute sense that NRC would repair it's own tracks since it is going to also use those tracks, as it has been working on rehabilitating all lines across Nigeria since 2009 when Yar adua doled out a billion for the project. The same NRC has worked, and continues to work on lines to Osun, Through Kaduna, Abuja etc. Why not Lagos State Lines? Why would NRC working on Lagos lines not make sense?? What POLITICS do you suggest is at play here? I don't even know of that one at all.

seyi42k:

3) while I know you that you understand the political realities of our nation. I was speaking in relative terms. Regardless of how you try to deny it, ACN governers (at least fashola) has put other governors under pressure to at least do something for the people. Like I said I do not hold brief for them and do not deny our corrupt polity however another governor could have come in to clean out the public office and still not do anything. As for Akala having progressive ideas!!!

I am not sure you know what I know, as you claim there. I do know that Governor's like Fashola, Chime, Amaechi and some others have definitely done some of the job they have been hired for, and many of them continue to try. I am not sure I would go as far as to make the claim you do there, since of all the governor's who I can definitely say is performing, Fashola happens to be the ONLY one who is of the ACN party. The others are from other parties. That being said, I don't believe in any way that his sucess has anything to do with the ACN party because other ACN governors are still struggling to show themselves any different from the old gunk we have come to know of in Nigeria.

Actually, yes, Akala, did have some, and attempt some progressive ideas. Matter of fact, by the definition of the word, one could easily state that many of the governor's come in as PROGRESSIVES with ideas to move the states forward. Heck even Jonathan played himself a progressive this past election. After getting into office, we all know how being progressive in thought has little to do with being progressive in Action.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by Kobojunkie: 4:46am On Nov 22, 2011
mdsocks:

Kobo, Please just continue your unbiased analysis of this thread,

Is this sustainable??

Imagine someone positing that as long as the farmers are happy with a free ride, that is all that should really matter.

I did notice a swing from right before the last major election. The debates are no longer about getting a better understanding of what is really happening, but more about SIDES -- a sort of MY SIDE BEATS YOUR SIDE--- in many of these discussions.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by abdkabir(m): 12:28am On Dec 06, 2011
Greetings all,

When I read the rather Sadist and Evil responses made by Beaf et al, on this very laudable effort of the Osun Government, already being supported by the private sector and the Oyo Government, I initially felt very angry with Beaf, knowing the much I know of the Project, It appears you, Beaf have an incurable anger for Aregbesola, and by God Of Aregbesola means well for his People, how ever little his effort, May he succeed and may your evil acts consume you. OHUB, is the initiative you have devilishly accused Rauf of lieing about, the government is building/facilitating an Osun-Lagos Rail Logistics system wherein the State provided Free Rail Transports for Osun Produce delivery to Lagos and vice versa.Yes it is a collaboration with NRC, of course , the Osun Additions are the following

Osun Govt payment of Rail Fees on behalf of Rail User ( btw, this is not indefinite, it is meant to stimulate commerce and subsequently , God willing make Osun a SW hub for goods heading to/ from Lagos)

Osun Government facilitation of Wharehouse at both end in Lagos and Dagbolu( In Osun).

Osun Government Rehabilitation of the Dagbolu Rail Platform.

While it may be True that NRC holds exclusive rights to the development of Rail Facilities in the Country, I won't be surprised if a collaboration with a State Government is possible, as there are case precedent to this.

Let me even help you this these, in the coming days, the Coaches assigned to Osun by NRC, will be branded and Beaf, by the Grace you will live long to See them with your Korokoro eyes.

Mid Term / Long Term, the Govenment of Osun is looking to acquire Wagons from China to boost this service, ageing in collaboration with the NRC.

I am now almost convinced that Beaf abhors some innate hatred for Rauf and intentionally mixes Truths with Galsehood to propagate this, By God if this be True, May you reap the efforts of your Labour. It pains e when I see how you efforts, tear apart initiatives Menm including have laboured to evolve for the primary purpose of Inspiring our Felliw States and Country, on progressive development of the affairs of our people.

I doubt I will respond to you again Beaf, you are bent at encouraging evil and don't even seem to be perturbed about it. by the Grace of God, OHub with Succeed for the sake of Development, Good, The Peope and The Nation.

Good Morning.
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by abdkabir(m): 12:41am On Dec 06, 2011
Leadership (Abuja)
Nigeria: Aregbesola Set to Make Osun Country's Economic Hub

Shuaib Shuaib 2 December 2011
The Osun State governor, Rauf Aregbesola, has concluded arrangements to transform the state into Nigeria's economic hub.

Under the innovative scheme, goods will be ferried from the new Osun Regional Market in Dagbolu, Osogbo, to other parts of the country at no cost to the owners of the merchandise.

Already, Governor Aregbesola has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on freight services that would facilitate the project.

The Osun State government has also paid for one year rail freight services to kick-start the scheme.

The governor told LEADERSHIP that farm produce merchants, manufacturers and other business people from any part of Nigeria only have to get their products to the state capital, Osogbo, while the state government takes the responsibility of delivering them at no cost to the various destinations in the country.

This initiative will likely see entrepreneurs move into Osun in droves just to leverage on the resultant low or zero transportation costs.

Explaining further, Aregbesola noted that the new agreement with the NRC would not only impact positively on the economy of the state but also boost revenue generation of the NRC, even as he stressed that economic integration would make Osogbo the hub of economic activities in the country.

"I can assure you that clothing and other materials being sold in Oke Arin, Lagos State, would be sold at the same price in Osogbo. This is possible because the rail system that will take the agricultural products to Lagos would bring these materials and it would lower the price. Traders from Kwara, Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti would prefer to come to Osogbo instead of travel to Lagos to buy these items since the price would be lower here in Osogbo," he said.

Furthermore, the partnership with the NRC is expected to facilitate the marketing of products of large-scale farming schemes under the Osun Rural Enterprise and Agricultural Programme, OREAP, which is targeting the daily N3.6 billion food market in Lagos. Aregbesola is said to have recently handed over 125 acres of farmland to farmers in Ayedaade local government area, Ago-Owu, Oyere-Aborisade, Esa -Oke, Iwo and Igbaye for the mass production of food crops. He has also vowed to renovate all farm settlements existing in the state since the time of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, under the administration's policy of Farm Estate Services (FES), in order to bolster the new scheme.

The governor, who stressed that 60 per cent of the administration's programmes would be on massive food production, urged the beneficiaries of the scheme to make the best of the opportunity.

While confirming that the new agreement will boost Osun's economy, the managing director of the NRC, Mr. Seyi Sijuwade, pointed out that the corporation had provided dedicated wagons to the state, adding that he was confident that the government would do all what was required to optimise the economic gains that would accrue from the scheme.

Copyright © 2011 Leadership. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).
AllAfrica - All the Time
Re: Osun Farmers Head For Lagos In Aregbesola's Osun Farmers Trains Project by abdkabir(m): 12:46am On Dec 06, 2011
http://businessnews.com.ng/2011/11/04/vibrant-rail-systems-needed-to-boost-nigeria’s-economy-aregbesola/

Vibrant Rail System Needed to Boost Nigeria’s Economy – Aregbesola
0 Comments

Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola has said a vibrant rail system is needed to boost Nigeria’s economy.
Aregbesola spoke yesterday in Osogbo, the Osun State capital, while signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Nigeria Railway Corporation (NRC).

He said no nation in the world depends solely on road transportation.
Aregbesola said: “Sole reliance on road transportation has affected the nation’s economy adversely. It is high time the Federal Government improved our air and waterways for efficient transportation. Anywhere in the world, a combination of transportation systems makes a nation.
“We have overused our roads and need the alternative of a viable rail system. It is, therefore, necessary for government to develop other means of transportation.”

He said food products from the state would be exchanged for finished products from Lagos State at a market in Dagbolu, a small community in Ifelodun Local Government Area of the state, through rail.

NRC’s Managing Director Adeseyi Sijuwade said the corporation, in collaboration with the Osun State Government, would boost the state’s economy through freight services.

Sijuwade said the NRC has dedicated wagons to service  the state.
He said: “When the NRC completes ongoing rehabilitation of its facilities, we shall collaborate with other state governments, organisations and any person that requires our services.
“This is a development that is in conformity with our home grown strategy to public private partnership, aimed at delivering quality rail transport services to Nigerians.”

(1) (2) (Reply)

Want To Start My Own Small Business In Lagos: Need Sound Advice, HELP! / Sudden Chinese Decision Shakes The Corners Of The Entire World. / How To Create, Monetize, And Market Popular Facebook Pages - Course

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.