Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,924 members, 7,821,239 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) (680 Views)

World Food Day: What's Your Best Nigerian Food? / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried / Cameroonian Lady Disses Nigerian Food On Twitter, Nigerians Respond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 7:23am On Apr 26
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 7:23am On Apr 26
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by chopnaira: 7:24am On Apr 26
Nice. Something to take our minds of politics for a while 😋

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by ayoolataiwo(m): 7:25am On Apr 26
Nigeran foods are the best,,just that it's hard getting the best of it due to hardship in the land

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Urheadmaster(m): 7:27am On Apr 26
Over here in Stuttgart. A plate of Nigerian food goes for 70 to 85 euro i don't know how much is that in Naira.
ayoolataiwo:
Nigeran foods are the best,,just that it's hard getting the best of it due to hardship in the land
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by DeeNet1: 7:28am On Apr 26
It is what it is
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 7:29am On Apr 26
ayoolataiwo:

You don't appreciate Nigerian food until you leave this country.

After a few days of eating all that foreign stuff, your whole body will just be shaking, for you to eat one heavy Naija soup with poundo! undecided

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by DynamicWriter(f): 7:31am On Apr 26
Nigeria has one of the best foods in the world. But we don't really consider that to be an achievement, since we are battling with a lot of issues.

Nah person wey belleful dey reason well.

In case anyone needs a quality content writer or blog manager, kindly check my signature for my contact info.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by charged: 7:41am On Apr 26
nice...Thanks OP.
Nigerians have the best and natural food in the world.
However,
They should make sure it's NOT 'akpu' from YAM-LEG REPUBLIC, or EROSION REPUBLIC, or else they will choke on the food o! undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by ayoolataiwo(m): 7:43am On Apr 26
Urheadmaster:
Over here in Stuttgart. A plate of Nigerian food goes for 70 to 85 euro i don't know how much is that in Naira.
that's about a 100 to 150k,,that loud.Meanwhile in naija you can get a good one at 5 to 7k depending on the location,,lagos-abuja maybe higher

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 8:00am On Apr 26
ayoolataiwo:
that's about a 100 to 150k,,that loud.Meanwhile in naija you can get a good one at 5 to 7k depending on the location,,lagos-abuja maybe higher

Look, Nigerian restaurants abroad are making big money.

They enjoy heavy patronage from locals in those countries.

In fact anything Nigerian now sells.

Nigeria is hot cake now in the international cultural space, and our Afrobeats stars are the main driver.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Hypnotise: 8:05am On Apr 26
Urheadmaster:
Stop capping sir unless it’s a premium five star restaurant

2 Likes

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by ayoolataiwo(m): 8:21am On Apr 26
Reflect7:

Look, Nigerian restaurants abroad are making big money.

They enjoy heavy patronage from locals in those countries.

In fact anything Nigerian now sells.

Nigeria is hot cake now in the international cultural space, and our Afrobeats stars are the main driver.

Glad to know Africa infact Nigeria are taking the world stage,,goodluck to you over there and stay safe.Take the front seat in the world affairs

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by meobizy(f): 10:11am On Apr 26
These meals mean nothing to foreigners. They will not prefer our offerings over their local delicacies. At most — in a best-case scenario — they will be added as variations.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Mariangeles(f): 10:47am On Apr 26
meobizy:
These meals mean nothing to foreigners. They will not prefer our offerings over their local delicacies. At most — in a best-case scenario — they will be added as variations.

You, would you prefer foreign meals over your local delicacies?

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by eepeepook: 12:41pm On Apr 26
Mariangeles:

You, would you prefer foreign meals over your local delicacies?
Anybody will like variations to local delicacies. One's homegrown meals will always be preferred.

1 Like

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 2:07pm On Apr 26
meobizy:

Stop talking like a mor.on.

Are all foreigners of a uniform mind or are they individuals with different tastes and proclivities?

There are some who will love the food enough to eat it regularly, some will learn to cook it, and some will keep ordering it from a restaurant periodically. Some will eat it once and not bother again, etc.

You can’t make a general statement on what “they” will do or not do.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Mikenikel: 3:57pm On Apr 26
Nigerian local snack kokoro and chuk chuk available for sale in wholesales Price.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 12:03am On Apr 27
Reflect7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XozlMDeC4JI&ab_channel=ACExMB

Yeah the average foreigner wants to eat crap 😂😂 lmaoo GTFO. Nigerian food ain’t popular.
https://www.ambassadorcruiseline.com/blog/which-countrys-cuisine-is-the-most-popular/

African food is not popular FULLSTOP I’ve never heard a non African say let’s get Nigerian or Sudan or Ethiopian or South African (unless Nando’s 😂)
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 12:04am On Apr 27
meobizy:

The guy is an Afrocentrist. What do you expect?
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 12:04am On Apr 27
Reflect7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XozlMDeC4JI&ab_channel=ACExMB

There is no dominant African food chain internationally (Except Nando’s) People do not love Nigerian food 😂😂
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 12:06am On Apr 27
ayoolataiwo:
Glad to know Africa infact Nigeria are taking the world stage,,goodluck to you over there and stay safe.Take the front seat in the world affairs

Take the front seat in world affairs my ass. Wtf is going to eat Nigerian food over Mexican, Chinese, Italian and so on? 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 12:06am On Apr 27
DynamicWriter:
Nigeria has one of the best foods in the world. But we don't really consider that to be an achievement, since we are battling with a lot of issues.

Nah person wey belleful dey reason well.

In case anyone needs a quality content writer or blog manager, kindly check my signature for my contact info.

Nigeria has one of the worst foods in the world. It’s just soup and rice. It has no diversity. African food in general is hit and miss.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 12:07am On Apr 27
ayoolataiwo:

The best my ass 😂😂 the food is shit.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 8:04pm On Apr 27
Sladem05:

Yeah the average foreigner wants to eat crap 😂😂 lmaoo GTFO. Nigerian food ain’t popular.
https://www.ambassadorcruiseline.com/blog/which-countrys-cuisine-is-the-most-popular/

African food is not popular FULLSTOP I’ve never heard a non African say let’s get Nigerian or Sudan or Ethiopian or South African (unless Nando’s 😂)

WHERE DID YOU THIS MAGGOT CRAWL OUT OF?

DO YOU ACTUALLY GO ON SOCIAL MEDIA APART FROM NAIRALAND?

THERE HAVE BEEN LITERALLY HUNDREDS, IF NOT THOUSANDS OF VIDEOS ON TIKTOK AND YOUTUBE FEATURING FOREIGNERS EAGERLY TRYING OUT NIGERIAN FOOD, WITH FUFU AND EGUSI BEING THE MOST POPULAR, FOLLOWED BY JOLLOF RICE, AND THIS ANIMAL SAYS WHAT?

PLEASE SEE FOR YOURSELVES, AND IGNORE THIS IMB.E.CILE PROGRAMMED TO HATE HIMSELF:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=try+nigerian+food+for+the+first+time
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 10:12pm On Apr 27
[url][/url]
Reflect7:

WHERE DID YOU THIS MAGGOT CRAWL OUT OF?

DO YOU ACTUALLY GO ON SOCIAL MEDIA APART FROM NAIRALAND?

THERE HAVE BEEN LITERALLY HUNDREDS, IF NOT THOUSANDS OF VIDEOS ON TIKTOK AND YOUTUBE FEATURING FOREIGNERS EAGERLY TRYING OUT NIGERIAN FOOD, WITH FUFU AND EGUSI BEING THE MOST POPULAR, FOLLOWED BY JOLLOF RICE, AND THIS ANIMAL SAYS WHAT?

PLEASE SEE FOR YOURSELVES, AND IGNORE THIS IMB.E.CILE PROGRAMMED TO HATE HIMSELF:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=try+nigerian+food+for+the+first+time

That doesn’t mean it’s popular internationally. Give me a Nigerian food chain that is dominant in any country outside Africa. I am waiting. Tik Tok videos are not empirical evidence. Where do you see Nigerian food here? 😂😂 It’s only North African that’s slightly popular internationally. African food is still very niche and is predominantly eaten by Africans. Most people around the world do not want African food. Accept it and stop coping.

https://www.timeout.com/news/move-over-italian-the-world-has-a-new-favourite-cuisine-022223

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7VM8EAsL0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35066284.amp

Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 10:38pm On Apr 27
Sladem05:
[url][/url]

That doesn’t mean it’s popular internationally. Give me a Nigerian food chain that is dominant in any country outside Africa. I am waiting. Tik Tok videos are not empirical evidence. Where do you see Nigerian food here? 😂😂 It’s only North African that’s slightly popular internationally. African food is still very niche and is predominantly eaten by Africans. Most people around the world do not want African food. Accept it and stop coping.

https://www.timeout.com/news/move-over-italian-the-world-has-a-new-favourite-cuisine-022223

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7VM8EAsL0

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35066284.amp

Nobody asked you for any stupid list.

Your stupid quote was, ''I’ve never heard a non African say let’s get Nigerian or Sudan or Ethiopian or South African (unless Nando’s)''.

I then showed you that TRUCKLOADS OF ''NON AFRICANS'' ARE DOING EXACTLY THAT.

And that number is only set to INCREASE in popularity, as social media and the GROWING NIGERIAN CULTURAL INFLUENCE ON THE WORLD, pushes her delightful cuisine to more people across the Earth.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 11:35pm On Apr 27
Reflect7:

Nobody asked you for any stupid list.

Your stupid quote was, ''I’ve never heard a non African say let’s get Nigerian or Sudan or Ethiopian or South African (unless Nando’s)''.

I then showed you that TRUCKLOADS OF ''NON AFRICANS'' ARE DOING EXACTLY THAT.

And that number is only set to INCREASE in popularity, as social media and the GROWING NIGERIAN CULTURAL INFLUENCE ON THE WORLD, pushes her delightful cuisine to more people across the Earth.

Yeh African food is not easy to market because it looks like shit 😂😂

People do not want this “delightful” cuisine. Face it, African cuisine will always be unpopular.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 12:01am On Apr 28
Sladem05:

Yeh African food is not easy to market because it looks like shit 😂😂

People do not want this “delightful” cuisine. Face it, African cuisine will always be unpopular.

Are you actually an African?

I refuse to believe you are actually African.

I've never seen an African who hates everything about his background like you.

Calling your own native food 'shit'?

Were you sexually abused as a child or something?

Who did this to you?

You're totally messed up. Suffering from serious identity crisis.

Hope you don't inflict this self-hate on your children, as that would be child abuse.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 3:08am On Apr 28
Reflect7:

Are you actually an African?

I refuse to believe you are actually African.

I've never seen an African who hates everything about his background like you.

Calling your own native food 'shit'?

Were you sexually abused as a child or something?

Who did this to you?

You're totally messed up. Suffering from serious identity crisis.

Hope you don't inflict this self-hate on your children, as that would be child abuse.

Not subscribing to delusional Afrocentric propaganda is not self hate. Yes I am of Nigerian heritage but gladly I never lived for the most part in that barbaric,primitive society. You need to see the fraud that “country” is. Nigeria was never real. It’s just a failed experiment of Lord Lugard. It should never have existed. It’s one of the biggest disgraces to mankind. That nation should be divided already. But it will. This Nigeria your obsessing will be no more in 40 years time. Africa is finished. The continent can’t even handle the populace it has now and it will triple if not more so in 50 years time.

Yes Nigerian food is shit. Deal with it. I haven’t eaten that shit properly since last year. Other Nigerians have told me this and those are ones that have never left the country. The country’s food is ass. It smells, gives you a bad stomach ache, looks like shit and taste meh. I’m glad it’s not growing that rapidly on the world stage. It’s not good to infect the world with a virus after we just recovered from a global pandemic a few years ago. The world can do without food from that primitive, wasteland known as Africa.

I am the one who is messed up here? Take a look in the mirror. Just accept it that African food is rubbish.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Reflect7: 3:41am On Apr 28
Sladem05:

Not subscribing to delusional Afrocentric propaganda is not self hate. Yes I am of Nigerian heritage but gladly I never lived for the most part in that barbaric,primitive society. You need to see the fraud that “country” is. Nigeria was never real. It’s just a failed experiment of Lord Lugard. It should never have existed. It’s one of the biggest disgraces to mankind. That nation should be divided already. But it will. This Nigeria your obsessing will be no more in 40 years time. Africa is finished. The continent can’t even handle the populace it has now and it will triple if not more so in 50 years time.

Yes Nigerian food is shit. Deal with it. I haven’t eaten that shit properly since last year. Other Nigerians have told me this and those are ones that have never left the country. The country’s food is ass. It smells, gives you a bad stomach ache, looks like shit and taste meh. I’m glad it’s not growing that rapidly on the world stage. It’s not good to infect the world with a virus after we just recovered from a global pandemic a few years ago. The world can do without food from that primitive, wasteland known as Africa.

I am the one who is messed up here? Take a look in the mirror. Just accept it that African food is rubbish.

You sound absolutely demented.

Whoever did this to you has major questions to answer, because you are clearly not well.

Obviously your parents are IPOB Igbo tribalists who have poisoned your mind, and turned you into a self-loathing dolt.

Africa doesn't need you. It gets millions of visitors from across the world each year.

By the way, you air head, you should worry about the USA where I presume you're located. Trump will get to power this year, and has promised to be a dictator in that tragic country that's become the world's largest banana republic split down the middle into two camps, who absolute detest each other, and are talking up CIVIL WAR if Trump loses.

As we speak, their joke of a 'Supreme Court' is actually SERIOUSLY discussing and debating within its ranks if the president is permitted to SLAUGHTER his opponents, without facing the law! Some 'justices' think he IS permitted. That's how far gone they are.

And if you think it can't all collapse in your face, you are clearly an oaf with no knowledge of recent western history, with over 100 million whites slaughtering each other in just the last century's two white tribal wars deceptively named ''world wars''.

The white moro.ns your slave behind thinks are so 'brilliant' have nuclear missiles pointing at one another's cities. Any slight mistake or miscalculation, and YOU would be toast.

Because they can't get it into their thick, stupid skulls that spending trillions of dollars worth of the world's resources building weapons of mass destruction, is the quickest way to end all life on Earth, such that TODAY, the world is literally praying for DIVINE INTERVENTION to save us all from their animalistic, reckless, power-crazed LUNACY and gross stupidity.

As you sit there adoring their 'bright lights' and wealth beneath a sea of seething destruction, pray you don't need that Nigerian passport soon.
Re: Foreigners Going Crazy For Nigerian Food (Vids) by Sladem05: 8:41am On Apr 28
Reflect7:

You sound absolutely demented.

Whoever did this to you has major questions to answer, because you are clearly not well.

Obviously your parents are IPOB Igbo tribalists who have poisoned your mind, and turned you into a self-loathing dolt.

Africa doesn't need you. It gets millions of visitors from across the world each year.

By the way, you air head, you should worry about the USA where I presume you're located. Trump will get to power this year, and has promised to be a dictator in that tragic country that's become the world's largest banana republic split down the middle into two camps, who absolute detest each other, and are talking up CIVIL WAR if Trump loses.

As we speak, their joke of a 'Supreme Court' is actually SERIOUSLY discussing and debating within its ranks if the president is permitted to SLAUGHTER his opponents, without facing the law! Some 'justices' think he IS permitted. That's how far gone they are.

And if you think it can't all collapse in your face, you are clearly an oaf with no knowledge of recent western history, with over 100 million whites slaughtering each other in just the last century's two white tribal wars deceptively named ''world wars''.

The white moro.ns your slave behind thinks are so 'brilliant' have nuclear missiles pointing at one another's cities. Any slight mistake or miscalculation, and YOU would be toast.

Because they can't get it into their thick, stupid skulls that spending trillions of dollars worth of the world's resources building weapons of mass destruction, is the quickest way to end all life on Earth, such that TODAY, the world is literally praying for DIVINE INTERVENTION to save us all from their animalistic, reckless, power-crazed LUNACY and gross stupidity.

As you sit there adoring their 'bright lights' and wealth beneath a sea of seething destruction, pray you don't need that Nigerian passport soon.

😂😂 Look at Nigeria, The naira is devalued, insecurity is at an all time high: the nation is gone. They have a drug barren in office. Bandits control much of the country now. Bruh so many people in Nigeria as to how they want to leave. The Country has to breakup at this point. A country with a 50/50 Muslim Christian population is not going to work. Who tf wants that Green passport? Which country will it take me to visa free? 😂😂 people want to JAPA not come back to Nigeria. Gross for what? It’s a failed society. Nigeria won’t exist in 40 years time. It will balkanise like Sudan did.

People come to Africa for tourism. People come to the Western world for greener pastures. If the West is so bad why do they take in so many migrants many of which are from Africa. Look at what Rishi Sunak is doing. He’s now sending much of those migrants to Rwanda. No one wants to come to a continent that can’t even offer its citizens basic amenities such as constant power, good roads, clean water and so on.

The world has been at relative peace since WW2 that was 75 years ago. If a nuclear happened that would implicate Africa too. That will mean the end of humanity. They’re a thing called nuclear proliferation and mutually assured destruction. This is not me “licking” the whites but merely stating the truth which is that Africa is finished. The continent is a wasteland with all the coups, civil wars, genocides and so on are still happening there. I would rather live in a fairly peaceful society than one that isn’t peaceful at all. Why do African nations top the rankings for violence, poverty, hunger, insecurity, terrorism and so on?

(1) (Reply)

Caterer For All Occasion / Caesar Chicken Paninis From www.recipecenters.net / Price Of Garri Soars!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.