Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,657 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience (166 Views)

Inec Has A Server And The Result Shows Buhari Lost. / Atiku, PDP Hacked INEC Server – APC Alleges / INEC Server Shows Buhari Lost 2019 Election - Atiku, PDP Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by DrMB: 12:54pm On Apr 26
Many Nairaland users, myself included, have been frustrated by the constant message "Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed." after hitting submit on a new post. This begs the question: is this a server issue or are our accounts being restricted?

Example:
I posted an article on "Nigeria Launches New Fiscal Incentives To Attract $10b Investment In Oil & Gas" at 3:56am On Apr 24, but was unable to post another article until over 12 hours later.

Furthermore, there seems to be a disparity in post visibility. Many times I posted like around 3:30 am but it will have very few views, despite having interesting content.
I will later see a similar post that is posted like 1:30 pm having thousands of views.
Is this how nairaland operates?
I need answers to these questions.

This leads me to wonder:

Is there a limited number of posts allowed per day or week?
Does Nairaland prioritize posts at certain times?
Is there another reason entirely behind these limitations?
We need answers from Nairaland's administration to understand what's happening.

Are you tired of encountering the message on Nairaland that reads, "Please wait for a few minutes before submitting this post. Our server is overwhelmed"?
If so, you're not alone. Countless users have voiced their frustration over this recurring issue, which raises serious concerns about the platform's reliability and user-friendliness.

It's not uncommon to question whether your account is being restricted when faced with such obstacles. However, the reality is far more exasperating — Nairaland's server seems to buckle under the weight of its own traffic, leaving users stranded in a digital purgatory of endless waiting.

One can't help but wonder: is Nairaland deliberately throttling user activity, or is its infrastructure simply unable to handle the load?

Furthermore, the disparity in post visibility is a perplexing issue. Posts made early hours languish in obscurity, while those uploaded at later times garner thousands of views within minutes. This stark contrast leads to legitimate concerns about whether Nairaland imposes limits on the number of posts users can make within a given timeframe.

Nairaland owes its users some much-needed answers. Transparency and accountability should be the cornerstones of any online community.

In addition to the technical shortcomings, the platform's erratic behavior severely impacts user experience. Imagine spending time crafting a thoughtful post, only to be met with an error message and the sinking feeling that your efforts have gone to waste. It's a disheartening experience that no user should have to endure.
Users are left feeling ignored and undervalued.

It's high time for Nairaland to address these technical issues head-on. Users deserve a platform that is reliable, transparent, and responsive to their needs. Until then, the frustration and disillusionment will only continue to mount.

Nairaland's server woes are more than just an inconvenience — they represent a systemic failure to prioritize user experience and address technical shortcomings. It's time for Nairaland to step up and deliver the reliable and user-friendly platform that its users deserve.

In conclusion, if you're experiencing these issues, keep voicing your concerns in the community forums. Together, we can push for positive change and improvements in the platform.

You can share your experiences in the comments below. If this is a widespread issue, perhaps collectively we can get some clarification from the platform.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by immortalcrown(m): 1:02pm On Apr 26
I will continue the reading later.

But regarding your comparison of a post made around 3a.m. and another post made by 3p.m., the one made around 3p.m. will definitely get more views because many users of the forum are awake and active on the forum in the afternoon.

Just a few users of the forum will be awake by 3a.m. And before daybreak, many other posts must have appeared above the 3a.m. post, making it difficult for the 3a.m. post to be spotted.
Re: Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by Melagros(m): 2:42pm On Apr 26
COMRADES, I think it is a matter of traffic
The fellow nairalander above has said it all
Re: Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by DrMB: 8:39pm On Apr 28
Melagros:
COMRADES, I think it is a matter of traffic
The fellow nairalander above has said it all

There is need for code update to be able to compete in the digital space.
Frequent server down time is not good user experience.
Re: Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by helinues: 8:51pm On Apr 28
There are numbers of threads to make within hours or so.

Even lately, after making reasonable comments within short period of time, you will be asked to verify yourself before continuing..

Regarding your threads

I will later see a similar post that is posted like 1:30 pm having thousands of views.

The threads with thousands of views probably made it to FP.

There are some factors to make your post to appear on NL FP.

1. How organized your post it
2. Do you have credible source to back up the post.

There are some known monikers that even if they made their own similar post late, they would like make it to FP than others, there is no partiality in that, probably those people are paid to be posting news regularly..
Re: Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by SisterAnn(f): 9:02pm On Apr 28
The so called glitch asking you to verify you are human doesn't last more than a friggin second.

Make a post by 3am and only Helinues will be your guest
Re: Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by DrMB: 9:51pm On Apr 28
SisterAnn:
The so called glitch asking you to verify you are human doesn't last more than a friggin second.

Make a post by 3am and only Helinues will be your guest

It seems you did not read the entire article before commenting.
Re: Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by helinues: 4:50am On Apr 29
DrMB:

Those are the people spoiling the forum by just attacking others for no sensible reason.
Re: Nairaland's Glitchy Server And User Experience by SisterAnn(f): 10:19am On Apr 29
DrMB:

Probably you need to read my post again.

(1) (Reply)

Power: Enough Of Sponsored Campaign Against Adelabu---- CSO / APC: Who Is Deceiving Who? / Sen Ifeanyi Ubah CON, Round Peg In A Round Hole.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.