Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,668 members, 7,823,888 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election (9258 Views)

PDP’s Victory In Zamfara May Alter Calculations Ahead NASS Elections / FFK, Shehu Sani, Ben Bruce, Kadaria Ahmed React To Pdp's Victory In Zamfara / Oyedepo, Enenche, Nathaniel Bassey At PDP Victory Thanksgiving Service In Uyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Iremis: 5:04pm On Apr 27
Former governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ondo State, Mr Eyitayo Jegede, SAN, on Friday, boasted that the major opposition party in the state will win the November 16, 2024 governorship election in the state.

Jegede, in a statement he personally signed, expressed optimism that the PDP will put the state back on the path of growth and development after the November 16 governorship poll.

Congratulating Hon. Agboola Ajayi, the winner of the primary election of the PDP which took place on Thursday, Jegede appealed to other aspirants to join hands with the party’s candidate to rescue the state.

The statement reads, “I congratulate H.E. Alfred Agboola Ajayi on his emergence as the governorship candidate of the PDP in Ondo State in the upcoming contest for the office of governor later this year. I equally congratulate the PDP family on the successful conduct of the party primary.

“No doubt, the outcome of the primary conducted signals the beginning of the great struggle to wrestle power from the APC-led government and put Ondo State again on the path of growth and development.

“It is time to join hands and build a party that will fulfil the hopes and aspirations of the people.

“I call on all the aspirants/contestants in the race, who coincidentally are from the southern senatorial zone, to cooperate fully with the candidate and be part of the great push for the rebirth of our dear state,” the legal luminary said in the statement.
https://leadership.ng/jegede-confident-of-pdps-victory-in-ondo-govship-election/#google_vignette

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by NwaNimo1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 27
Until Wike arrives....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Oscarchims: 6:57pm On Apr 27
PDAPC on my mind
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Raphaelbrook(m): 6:59pm On Apr 27
I wish pdp can win the election

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by garfield1: 6:59pm On Apr 27
Pdp has absolutely no chance in ondo except APC hands the ticket to people like engr ife oyedele who has no relevance

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by OgwuEgo: 7:00pm On Apr 27
cheesy
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Babscleaning(m): 7:00pm On Apr 27
May the best candidate with good intentions for the masses win

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by rolams(m): 7:02pm On Apr 27
We dey watch

1 Like

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Olu1000: 7:10pm On Apr 27
That’s a good one! Jegede contested twice against Akeredolu and lost.It is good he stepped aside & gave another candidate a chance.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by victorsola: 7:10pm On Apr 27
Raphaelbrook:
I wish pdp can win the election
God forbid, agbola na bad guy. The giy too wicked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by LibertyRep: 7:14pm On Apr 27
Olu1000:
That’s a good one! Jegede contested twice against Akeredolu and lost.It is good he stepped aside & gave another candidate a chance.

This is what some people don't understand. You can't be a perpetual contestant, give room for other people.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Kunlelee: 7:18pm On Apr 27
Jegede playing elder role. Nawa ooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by clockwisereport: 7:18pm On Apr 27
Eyi my man

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by datola: 7:19pm On Apr 27
Nice of him

1 Like

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Globad(f): 7:19pm On Apr 27
They're always confident
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Maxymilliano(m): 7:29pm On Apr 27
Eyitayo would have been my ideal candidate for PDP

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by SirLakes: 7:35pm On Apr 27
grin
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Johnson5258: 7:38pm On Apr 27
Jegede is playing, the Southwest state that gave PBAT victory, I disagree.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Odin13: 7:41pm On Apr 27
Apc will take Ondo

While PDP takes Edo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by saintcasmir(m): 7:45pm On Apr 27
My own Jegede has played wisely. Don't worry, we are staging a come back at the right time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Jostoman: 8:38pm On Apr 27
victorsola:
God forbid, agbola na bad guy. The giy too wicked
Agboola go win
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Sabiwellwell: 8:39pm On Apr 27
PDP has no chance
Votes coming from Ondo North like the 4 Akoko, Owo, Ifon, Ose belong to APC
ONDO NORTH HAS ALWAYS BEEN APC Stronghold

ONDO SOUTH is the Base of the Sitting Governor, though he might have difficulty in winning with a landslide victory, because 'Ajayi Agboola' the PDP flag bearer is also from ONDO South.

ONDO CENTRAL is the seat of Power both Parties will have to fight, but I'm suspecting that Akure people will have to vote for APC, because according to rotation, ONDO CENTRAL is the next to rule.

Akure people will have to calculate that since Aiyedatiwa of APC has only 4 years to spend, it will quickly reach their turn. Voting for Ajayi to win will make their waiting period longer( this is exactly why Jegede didn't contest this time around) Jegede is only waiting for the next 4 years.

I will love him to rule as the Governor of my state and take ONDO state to the eldorado.

But does PDP has recognition in order regions ?

In 2028 they might have to pick Jegede from the Central and Pick Somebody from the South so they can compete fair and square with APC.

1 Like

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Jostoman: 8:39pm On Apr 27
Maxymilliano:
Eyitayo would have been my ideal candidate for PDP
Agboola is a formidable candidate too.
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:41pm On Apr 27
Whoever wins should look into the road that runs from Total through Itaogbolu, to Ekiti State... I wonder how people in that axis will survive once the rain comes... Passed there two weeks back and almost had accident twice on that stretch of road

Also, let development spread to the rural areas, not just concentrated around Akure and roadblock... You see this Sunday market in Lagos State, Na Ondo need am pass, foodstuffs are damn expensive in that state, you'll think you're in Bayelsa

1 Like

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Sabiwellwell: 8:41pm On Apr 27
Jostoman:
Agboola is a formidable candidate too.

Going by the permutations, Agboola won't win other regions
He can only win ONDO South

Akoko and Owo will be too difficult for him

Akure wants their turn to cone quickly so they won't vote for him.
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by Jostoman: 8:43pm On Apr 27
Agboola is a strong candidate but i wish two of them goodluck.
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by stevinmayowa1(m): 9:33pm On Apr 27
Eyi my man

Eyi Kaka kiki Kaka eeeh! eeeh!!
Oba onile olaa... Eeeh eeeh
Adonai Elshadai...... Eeeeeh eeeh
Eyi o gbodo bale
E gbe.... Eyi o gbodo bale egbe!

1 Like

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by richiemcgold: 10:51pm On Apr 27
saintcasmir:
My own Jegede has played wisely. Don't worry, we are staging a come back at the right time.
You surely understand the game

Sabiwellwell:
PDP has no chance
Votes coming from Ondo North like the 4 Akoko, Owo, Ifon, Ose belong to APC
ONDO NORTH HAS ALWAYS BEEN APC Stronghold
ONDO SOUTH is the Base of the Sitting Governor, though he might have difficulty in winning with a landslide victory, because 'Ajayi Agboola' the PDP flag bearer is also from ONDO South.
ONDO CENTRAL is the seat of Power both Parties will have to fight, but I'm suspecting that Akure people will have to vote for APC, because according to rotation, ONDO CENTRAL is the next to rule.
Akure people will have to calculate that since Aiyedatiwa of APC has only 4 years to spend, it will quickly reach their turn. Voting for Ajayi to win will make their waiting period longer( this is exactly why Jegede didn't contest this time around) Jegede is only waiting for the next 4 years.
I will love him to rule as the Governor of my state and take ONDO state to the eldorado.
But does PDP has recognition in order regions ?
In 2028 they might have to pick Jegede from the Central and Pick Somebody from the South so they can compete fair and square with APC.
Gbam! You really nailed it as it is.

Yampotatocarrot:
Whoever wins should look into the road that runs from Total through Itaogbolu, to Ekiti State... I wonder how people in that axis will survive once the rain comes... Passed there two weeks back and almost had accident twice on that stretch of road

Also, let development spread to the rural areas, not just concentrated around Akure and roadblock... You see this Sunday market in Lagos State, Na Ondo need am pass, foodstuffs are damn expensive in that state, you'll think you're in Bayelsa

No be lie. Food stuffs are too expensive in Akure.
Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by oyeb15: 10:52pm On Apr 27
Jegede is going for VP in 2027.

1 Like

Re: Jegede Confident Of PDP’s Victory In Ondo Gubernatorial Election by AcadaWriter: 11:13pm On Apr 27
Until Wike arrives....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Recent Picture Of Former Nigeria Minister Of Petroleum Alison Madueke / Niger Delta, Igbo And Hausa All Want To Leave Nigeria Except Yorubas, Why? / Face Of The Woman Who Lured Namdi Kanu To Brazil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.