Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. (72104 Views)

See The Water Yams We Bought For 1,500 Naira In Yakurr LGA, Cross River State. / See The ₦320,000 Cow We Bought In Keffi / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Nadingo: 3:26pm On Apr 28
Badgers14:

Just curious, would you waybill the full cow to the guys location?

I am just wondering how that would have worked since you are located in Bauchi (trust issue aside).
Yes, small scale suppliers here pay trailers ferrying cattle to intended locations to deliver. Those trailers you see no be sey na one man's cattle them dey carry always. That's why you see some cows marked with paint or markers to identify who has them. But this model works best between steady suppliers and retailers.

7 Likes

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by emelda86(f): 3:31pm On Apr 28
strangest:
The transportation cost is the issue... Will be easier to transport when killed, then you think about spoiling on the way.... I mean getting it to Lagos
They usually dry it well, if u need I can do that I have someone in Yola that'll do it and waybill.
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by emelda86(f): 3:35pm On Apr 28
Nadingo:
I'm in far away Bauchi where they are even cheaper, and I for say mek we run this business but trust issues go be the albatross.
You see Yola is the best place to buy your cow or goat meat cheap, they will kill it wash it season it and dry then send to you any location you are.
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by emelda86(f): 3:40pm On Apr 28
frugal:

Do you have a plug? I usually buy in bulk, but it's expensive. Thinking of getting a full one to share too like OP. What's the best way to go about it?
I can get you one from Yola even full goat it'll be well dried and seasoned well then waybill to y'all.
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Badgers14: 7:27pm On Apr 28
Nadingo:
Yes, small scale suppliers here pay trailers ferrying cattle to intended locations to deliver. Those trailers you see no be sey na one man's cattle them dey carry always. That's why you see some cows marked with paint or markers to identify who has them. But this model works best between steady suppliers and retailers.

Good to know.. thanks for the insight..

So when the trailer lands.. the receiver will bring their own rope to carry the cow abi?
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by salih74(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28
The cost of transportation is the cause of the exorbitant prices in the south. Here in yola this cow will go 200k tops!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Nadingo: 7:46pm On Apr 28
Badgers14:

Good to know.. thanks for the insight..

So when the trailer lands.. the receiver will bring their own rope to carry the cow abi?
lol cheesy... If him one hug d cow mek dem waka hand-in-hand reach house na him choice cheesy

10 Likes

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Badgers14: 7:49pm On Apr 28
Nadingo:
lol cheesy... If him one hug d cow mek dem waka hand-in-hand reach house na him choice cheesy

grin grin grin your weight reach
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by dominique(f): 8:00pm On Apr 28
I doubt if one can get 600k cow in Lagos again

1 Like

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by blowjohn(m): 8:43pm On Apr 28
Money for 112 live chickens be that o!!!

1 full chicken for 112 days!

@ 4 k each

1 Like

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by owelle22(m): 8:45pm On Apr 28
Nadingo:
I'm in far away Bauchi where they are even cheaper, and I for say mek we run this business but trust issues go be the albatross.

What will it cost to transport one cow from there to Lagos?
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by owelle22(m): 8:49pm On Apr 28
salih74:
The cost of transportation is the cause of the exorbitant prices in the south. Here in yola this cow will go 200k tops!!!

Can you find out cost of transportation?
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Adewale1603(m): 10:05pm On Apr 28
This Fulani people are so fvcking rich. Just a single cow is 500k, and they will have like 20 - 30 cows
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by salih74(m): 9:01pm On Apr 30
owelle22:

Can you find out cost of transportation?
A 30 ton trailer that can carry up to 30-40 cows cost nothing less than a million depending on the location either the SS, SE or SW
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by tiswell(m): 8:18pm On May 06
richiemcgold:
We bought these two @ N900k last Thursday in Akure. It was a tough bargain before the Fulani finally agreed on this price.
na horse abi na cow be that?
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Adakintroy: 8:20pm On May 06
Cow just be standing there not know them don conclude plans for am.

4 Likes

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Theoarhics: 8:20pm On May 06
This size is around 700, To 750k in Edo state.
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by wwwkaycom(m): 8:22pm On May 06
550 - 700K in Akure, Ondo state
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by IamGreen1(f): 8:23pm On May 06
frugal:

Do you have a plug? I usually buy in bulk, but it's expensive. Thinking of getting a full one to share too like OP. What's the best way to go about it?

Come and join my group, we buy then share among ourselves
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by YorubaKing: 8:24pm On May 06
Stevenbright:

I thought they said cow is now at least 1 point something million?

Dis no be Cow na, e be calf!

1 Like

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by izubext007: 8:25pm On May 06
This one cheap jare
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by CodeTemplar: 8:27pm On May 06
Strategic thing to do. That one third can yield you 35-45 kg.
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by countryman13: 8:28pm On May 06
ibechris:

Of course TP from Keffi down there will b added!
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by vicfajeze: 8:28pm On May 06
1000Capacity:

It's a good buy at 450k o Here in Lagos, in Isheri Kara Market guess how much this will cost.
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by CodeTemplar: 8:29pm On May 06
Adakintroy:
Cow just be standing there not know them don conclude plans for am.
same way Lagos-calabar was concluded before Buhari feigned ignorance of electoral abracadaba.

1 Like

Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Blaze14k: 8:29pm On May 06
ibechris:
We bought this cow today at keffi in Nasarawa state and shared among three of us.

The price shows that things aren't the way it used to be anymore.

For now,this would help my family to avoid buying a kilo for 6k.

Things are indeed crazy out there.

Can you preserve it very well. From please don't tie with plastic bag if you to make sure it stays frozen 247
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by kenex4ever(m): 8:29pm On May 06
richiemcgold:
We bought these two @ N900k last Thursday in Akure. It was a tough bargain before the Fulani finally agreed on this price.
This one no be goat
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by ufotty2001: 8:30pm On May 06
ibechris:
We bought this cow today at keffi in Nasarawa state and shared among three of us.

The price shows that things aren't the way it used to be anymore.

For now,this would help my family to avoid buying a kilo for 6k.

Things are indeed crazy out there.
If na Port Harcourt that cow is N800k to N1m
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by IamGreen1(f): 8:32pm On May 06
emelda86:

They usually dry it well, if u need I can do that I have someone in Yola that'll do it and waybill.

What's the least amount of beef someone can buy from the person and hope it's not salted?
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by FredrickPablo(m): 8:32pm On May 06
IamGreen1:

Come and join my group, we buy then share among ourselves

I'm interested in joining your group, please how do I do that?
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by Seagodess(f): 8:32pm On May 06
richiemcgold:
oga.. Dem cheat una abeg.. what's this? Are you joking?
Re: See The Cow We Bought For 450k At Keffi. by IROKALIBE(m): 8:33pm On May 06
Bought this one 320k in enugu

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Antelope Killed Today For Easter / Coca-Cola Launches First Alcoholic Drink (Photo) / Funny! Man Turn Fufu To Human Head Before Eating. Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.