Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Advice: Uber Or Bolt Driver In The City Or Govt Job - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Advice: Uber Or Bolt Driver In The City Or Govt Job (131 Views)

Laolu Mudashiru Knocked Down And Killed By Hit-And-Run Driver In Ikoyi / Cars Available For Uber Or Bolt (hire Purchase) / "My Experience As A Taxify Driver In Abuja" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice: Uber Or Bolt Driver In The City Or Govt Job by Realtol(m): 3:09am On Apr 28
Please I need mature advice.

I currently work as a teacher (state govt job) and I earn total of 80k monthly (55k salary and 25k wage award due to subsidy removal) monthly. I have a wife and a son. Life has not been really with the salary I have a Toyota Corolla 2004 which I bought few years ago from online writing freelance hustle. I'm currently a level 8 (going to 9) official but my income hasn't been sufficient to support my little family.

Recently, I'm thinking of quitting my govt work to go to city (Lagos or Abuja) to start e-hailing driving to earn reasonable income to support my family, save money for business and live a better life (with my salary I currently live hand to mouth).

As experts in the ehailing business, I need your advice if this is a wise or stupid decision.

Do you think I'll be able to make money on the long run?

Do you think going to city will be a wise decision (mind you no ehailing platform operates where I live)?

Have you been in a similar dilemma and what did you do to solve this quagmire?

N.B. I own the car 100 percent.
I don't have where to stay in the city.

I was employed into the govt work as a teacher in 2021 so no compensation if I resign now.

I can't combine both jobs as ehailing will require I leave where I currently live.

Thanks for your awesome advice.
Re: Advice: Uber Or Bolt Driver In The City Or Govt Job by davis51(m): 3:19am On Apr 28
Dnt quit ur job. U can use ur car as taxi form 4pm to 7pm

2 Likes

Re: Advice: Uber Or Bolt Driver In The City Or Govt Job by sleek214(m): 8:53am On Apr 28
Quit that slavery job you call govt job and start making money. A week on e hailing will give you your monthly salary
Re: Advice: Uber Or Bolt Driver In The City Or Govt Job by snyperboi(m): 12:58pm On Apr 28
Bro take it or leave it. Teaching no dey pay for Naija. Even teachers in the western world are not comfortable with how much they earn. My mum was a teacher, she retired last year, so I am talking based on experience. In my own opinion e hailing will pay more than what you earn as a teacher. My advice is as you are doing the ehailing, learn an in-demand skill alongside, eventually transitioning into a new career. I have 2 friends that were in academia, one was a lecturer in a popular university in Nigeria, but they all resigned. All you need to do is take a leap of faith, to leave your comfort zone.
Re: Advice: Uber Or Bolt Driver In The City Or Govt Job by jayce232: 5:55pm On Apr 28
Realtol:
Please I need mature advice.

I currently work as a teacher (state govt job) and I earn total of 80k monthly (55k salary and 25k wage award due to subsidy removal) monthly. I have a wife and a son. Life has not been really with the salary I have a Toyota Corolla 2004 which I bought few years ago from online writing freelance hustle. I'm currently a level 8 (going to 9) official but my income hasn't been sufficient to support my little family.

Do not listen to anyone telling u nonsense about quitting your job oh! Firstly govt job comes with pension benefit which u won't get from ehailing. Secondly ehailing is almost useless because of the fuel subsidy removal, drivers only make little to nothing. Also ehailing comes with a lot of stress & accommodation in the city is expensive. Please stick to your teaching job & keep on searching for online hustle u can do part time to support. But don't even consider relocating to the city because of ehailing, u will be making a very big mistake considering u already have a family.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tax: ‘FG, States Should Block All Channels Of Leakages’ / Growing Your Business Globally / BOI Announce To Boost Entrepreneurship Deploying The Use Of Technology Hubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.