Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,868 members, 7,828,093 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Can A Nigerian Employer Take You To Court Because You Resigned Without Notice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can A Nigerian Employer Take You To Court Because You Resigned Without Notice (215 Views)

My Brother's Company Takes Him To Court Because He Resigned / Dangote Cement Sacks 3000 Staff Without Notice, Due Process - Sahara Reporters / 3 Important Things You Must Know Before Working For Any Nigerian Employer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can A Nigerian Employer Take You To Court Because You Resigned Without Notice by konfusedgee(m): 12:25pm On Apr 28
I work a very demanding job, working for long hours,

I'm tired of the job, and due to that I started applying for jobs while enduring bullshit at the office place

Prior to this the fool who is my boss has been threatening to take any staff to court if a 30 day notice is not given when resigning or remit that month pay
Now the reason he does that is because he doesn't want to hire enough hands leaving the other employees overworked
If anyone ups and leaves, remaining staff may even work 10 days straight with no rest on weekends

Well, I've gotten another job, and I'm in no mood to "Do the right thing" ive endured so much rubbish, i cant even stand another day in that office, or return a full month salary after the mental,physical and psychological stress i have endured

With the amount of bullshit I no fit
Re: Can A Nigerian Employer Take You To Court Because You Resigned Without Notice by Donald7610: 12:57pm On Apr 28
No wahala
Just call, you will not be coming this week due to circumstances demand your attention
Whenever you have time just drop your resignation letter for the security and get out, no problem nobody can take you to court even though you don't resign, but for your safety and implication better you resign even on a tissue paper, give the security and get out.
That is only necessary to resign if you have gratuity to collect. American president just cancel that that no employer can hold you down this week so no threats don't bother yourself whenever you have time just resign for tomorrow implication do proper resignation
Re: Can A Nigerian Employer Take You To Court Because You Resigned Without Notice by Bintabisiriyu2: 2:25pm On Apr 28
See bros nothing go happen once you don see salary tell am say u get epilepsy and stroke say u no go fit come work for like next one week, after the one week call again tell him that trailer jam u as you were coming to work so you won't be coming to work for like another one week, by then he will get the drill and terminate your employment by himself.
No matter what insist that you are not feeling fine and talk like someone that's in severe pains with coughing too.
After 2 weeks quietly write letter and go and drop, by then he would have even employed someone new.
This is how i have resigned from multiple companies in Lagos.
Re: Can A Nigerian Employer Take You To Court Because You Resigned Without Notice by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 28
is that remittance BS part of the contract you signed or just what your boss says?

if you dont want to stay there then the minute you wanna leave then do so.
Re: Can A Nigerian Employer Take You To Court Because You Resigned Without Notice by Owocheboy: 9:53am On Apr 29
Where you given an appointment letter? If yes, check the company's policy on a staff leaving. If you weren't given, you write a resignation if you like and 'whiz'
Re: Can A Nigerian Employer Take You To Court Because You Resigned Without Notice by soccerlite: 7:35pm On Apr 29
He can if he's a wicked person

But has he done it before to other staff

(1) (Reply)

World Safety Organization Hse Training/ Membership / Software Developer Needed At Greenhouse Multimedia 2018 | Apply Now / 8 Reasons Your Book Isn’t Selling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.